Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What was Reagan's Personal Impact on Your Life? Good or Bad?

Reagan was a hypocrite.

He was LOVING the free market. I mean praising it left and right and believing in it like it was a religion. Laissez-faire, market discipline, tough love.

my ASS.

He then went on to give more subsidies to American industry than all his predecessors COMBINED

That's Reagan.

Alex P. Keaton surely is bummed about Reagan's passing...

I think Reagan's legacy will be long remembered...RIP.

Robert Jan said:
He then went on to give more subsidies to American industry than all his predecessors COMBINED

That's Reagan.

Why don't you make up your mind? A few posts back you said presidents had little effect on US policy. So tell me, do you despise Reagan for what he did or for who he was?

Historians will credit him for ending the Cold War.

Ok when I say Reagan I mean the administration and forces of power he represented. They were hypocrite and he was part of it.

Atlanta-

I don't hold on to that source as the truth and take from it
It's just a well written article with a critical satirical viewpoint.
It's interesting I don't substitute it's judgement for my own

Longhorn85 said:
Historians will credit the economic collapse of the USSR as ending the cold war.

I was a kid growing up in Germany when Reagan cracked that joke about bombing Russia in 5 minutes.

Scary man he was.

I liked the story last night on American Experience on PBS about him having tons of
personal blank check in the oval office desk drawer.

He would hear about someone in need and write them a check and send it to them.
Going through his checkbook he noticed that one of the checks had not been cashed.
So he calls the lady and says "YO you didn't cash the check I sent you"
She says "No I framed it"

So he tells her his is gonna send he another one for her to cash so she can keep the original one framed..

Much like GWB, he made tough, unpopular decisions based on HIS beliefs, and stuck to them.
Even when everyone around him was saying "WTF are you doing" ?

When Nancy sees him in the hospital right after he was shot he says to her
"I forgot to duck"

When his approval rating plummeted in 82 he says to the pollsters giving him the bad news.
"Thats OK, I know exactly what to do,.. I'll get shot again"

His legacy will be that he bought his way out of the cold war as the USSR could not keep up.
Also bringing us back to world prominence in respect and #1 in Mil Power...

Y_Lifter said:
Much like GWB, he made tough, unpopular decisions based on HIS beliefs, and stuck to them.
Even when everyone around him was saying "WTF are you doing" ?

When Nancy sees him in the hospital right after he was shot he says to her
"I forgot to duck"

You're right, RR and GW are very similar in that respect. Many say W is more conservative. Another funny thing he said after being shot:when he woke in the hospital surrounded by doctors he said, "I hope you fellas are republicans."

Robert Jan said:
Well let's see
I was born early in 1986.
I am European
I am left wing

I'd say he meant nothing at all to me.

then you are the perfect european in the eyes of your countrymen. you let your ass backwards ideologies and beliefs interfere with the facts. your continent can't even handle the problems in it's own backyard, so we americans have to come do it for you.

see: nazi germany
see also: the soviet union
see also: soviet satellite states
see also: kosovo

europe better learn to stop biting the hand that feeds her.

Top Bottom