Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Secret Service observations and impressions

So basically the SS comments to a liberal mind are "biased crap".

and a conservative mind, "truthful reports".

Think about the type of people Secret Service personnel generally are though. Replace them with hippie journalists and the comments/observations would probably end up favoring the behavior of Carter, Clinton, Obama, etc. and trashing Ford, Reagan and the Bush's as being too "square" and/or "abusive" somehow. Seems at least partially a matter of the eye of the beholder and their given perspective. Definitely not impartial, but that's pretty typical of human behavior.
You forget that the source is the one that is important.

If's it's pro-left; then the left says that it's gospel and the right says that it's BS. If it's pro-right, then the reverse is true.

Sadly, nothing is ever completely left or right. :)

I was hoping for more pro / cons for each president. Obama isn't a saint, Reagan isn't either and Nixon / Rove isn't that bad.

i have yet to meet a military bro that was pro obama, not a one and they are flooding my workforce the last few years.
and with obama's military forces cutting (can't fault him for that) he is not garnering their love.
their is a reason the military largely votes GOP in every election.
bush gotta a lot of love from the troops btw
Okay,
The Military has been seriously downsizing since 2004 (Obama's fault?), And In 2006 They ramped it up. (Still Obama's fault)
Who are the current deficit hawks that want to starve the Government of Tax money?
Budget cuts from other areas = Budget cuts for the Military AND Vets. No matter how you Cut it.

You may know a few Vets, but I know more. And the Military is just like the rest of America, Diverse.
He's not the house or Senate that is voting away military and vet benefits.
Bush gave them decent raises, but cut Cost of Living expense $.
Clinton Gave the military a raise higher than any of Bush's.

I know a few, but I know more vets who pro-Bush and anti-Obama and anti-Ron Paul.

It's a funny story. When I asked them why, the said the same thing that you did. They are cutting the military and reducing (or plan to reduce the military presence).
Bush Signed into Law the worst few programs to Cut the military and not have to pay VETs.

I don't have trouble believing that Reagan was a class act. It fits with everything else I've heard or read about him. Moreover, I actually want to believe it's true, and I want to believe the same for every other President, regardless of party affiliation. The bias I mentioned is our own...a person who reads this will most likely only bring his own preconceptions to the table, and nothing else, because that's what we do. As for the "truth"? I think I put it somewhere around here...brb. But seriously, if it's true that the likes of Hilary Clinton or Al Gore actually treated agents that way...that's fucking shameful. Piss poor cuntishness.

I don't have trouble believing that Reagan was a class act. It fits with everything else I've heard or read about him. Moreover, I actually want to believe it's true, and I want to believe the same for every other President, regardless of party affiliation. The bias I mentioned is our own...a person who reads this will most likely only bring his own preconceptions to the table, and nothing else, because that's what we do. As for the "truth"? I think I put it somewhere around here...brb. But seriously, if it's true that the likes of Hilary Clinton or Al Gore actually treated agents that way...that's fucking shameful. Piss poor cuntishness.
Funny enough, I could see Hillary and Al like that. :)

Perhaps liberals like criticism sugar coated to the point it's... not criticism anymore? Mainstream media common practice is to make everyone think liberals are so cool and flawless, and pretty much the opposite for conservatives. Nice to actually see a behind the scenes perspective for once that cuts through bs.

Wow, Fox brainwashing to an extreme extent. Nice generalization about the media. You should be scared of media, since you are obviously unable to discern bias when you see it.
Discussing whether or not the OP is biased is, in literary terms, called a retarded argument.

Wow, Fox brainwashing to an extreme extent. Nice generalization about the media. You should be scared of media, since you are obviously unable to discern bias when you see it.
Discussing whether or not the OP is biased is, in literary terms, called a retarded argument.

assuming everybody that doesn't agree with your politics is a raging fox news sheep is the epitomy of retardation.
i've known hansel for many yrs, and never has he claimed to be a GOP bro or a fox news fan...your assumptions point out your obvious bias

assuming everybody that doesn't agree with your politics is a raging fox news sheep is the epitomy of retardation.
i've known hansel for many yrs, and never has he claimed to be a GOP bro or a fox news fan...your assumptions point out your obvious bias

Read the OP again. You think no one had anything bad to say about any Repub or his wife, and had only bad to say about every dem and his wife, because that's the way it really is???
Or perhaps, that is just selectivity of quote selection (if not fabrication) to paint a picture the author wants to paint?

You think if you could find 10 SS guys from Jimmy Carter's era, not one guy would say one good thing about him? Not even he was kinda nice, he loved his wife, anything??????

And not one guy would say one bad thing about Bush? that he was kinda dumb, anything???????

Etc.

Dude you even noticed the bias in the piece and brought up Spiro Agnew. No one mentioned he was a convicted felon? No one mentioned Nixons cover up, his disgrace, only that he had a bad relationship with his family??????

Lets not quibble over the obvious.

Read the OP again. You think no one had anything bad to say about any Repub or his wife, and had only bad to say about every dem and his wife, because that's the way it really is???
Or perhaps, that is just selectivity of quote selection (if not fabrication) to paint a picture the author wants to paint?

You think if you could find 10 SS guys from Jimmy Carter's era, not one guy would say one good thing about him? Not even he was kinda nice, he loved his wife, anything??????

And not one guy would say one bad thing about Bush? that he was kinda dumb, anything???????

Etc.

Dude you even noticed the bias in the piece and brought up Spiro Agnew. No one mentioned he was a convicted felon? No one mentioned Nixons cover up, his disgrace, only that he had a bad relationship with his family??????

Lets not quibble over the obvious.

the author also said that spiro agnew was a philander and cheat.
or that ronnie was obviously suffering from dementia (sp) while in office.
a lot more is in the book than was quoted, according to some reviews/sneak peeks i've done...i like insider accounts.
and about bush and his alleged "dumbness"...mostly a media fabrication and weakly supported by snippets of fuck ups (the same fuckups can be found about any leader, but bush's are mega highlighted and somehow worse)...little known is how much the man consumed books, by some accounts 200 a year, more than any other president (according to his bio)...hardly the mark of a dumb man.
if your master would release his grades, then we could compare, but he hasn't, which makes me and any reasonable man suspicous of his alleged intelligence that you whole heartedly subscribe to without question or concern.

the author also said that spiro agnew was a philander and cheat.
or that ronnie was obviously suffering from dementia (sp) while in office.
a lot more is in the book than was quoted, according to some reviews/sneak peeks i've done...i like insider accounts.
and about bush and his alleged "dumbness"...mostly a media fabrication and weakly supported by snippets of fuck ups (the same fuckups can be found about any leader, but bush's are mega highlighted and somehow worse)...little known is how much the man consumed books, by some accounts 200 a year, more than any other president (according to his bio)...hardly the mark of a dumb man.
if your master would release his grades, then we could compare, but he hasn't, which makes me and any reasonable man suspicous of his alleged intelligence that you whole heartedly subscribe to without question or concern.

Obviously we critiquing the post, not the book. For all I know, the book could be completely left leaning, and the OP just took quotes to give it a rightward slant.

How dumb was Bush could be a whole new thread.
He read 200 books a year? You believe that? That's 4 per week dude. That would be a complete deriliction of duty even if it was true. I hope he didn't have that much free time on his hands, but that might explain a lot actually.

Top Bottom