Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Secret Service observations and impressions

bi·as
   [bahy-uhs] noun, adjective, adverb, verb, bi·ased, bi·as·ing or ( especially British ) bi·assed, bi·as·sing.
noun
an oblique or diagonal line of direction, especially across a woven fabric.
a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.
Statistics . a systematic as opposed to a random distortion of a statistic as a result of sampling procedure.

Just proves the piece is a joke.

Nixon was a moral man and Carl Rove was the kindest of all. Obama hates the military. Every Republican was only good and every Democrat was only bad.

Yep we have the unbiased truth here.
:FRlol: :FRlol:

:jump:

Perhaps liberals like criticism sugar coated to the point it's... not criticism anymore? Mainstream media common practice is to make everyone think liberals are so cool and flawless, and pretty much the opposite for conservatives. Nice to actually see a behind the scenes perspective for once that cuts through bs.

BARACK & MICHELLE OBAMA:

*"Clinton all over again" - hates the military and looks down on the Secret Service. He is egotistical and cunning; looks you in the eye and appears to agree with you, but turns around and does the opposite---untrustworthy. He has temper tantrums.*

*She is a complete bitch, who hates anybody who is not black; hates the military; and looks at the Secret Service as servants.*

-"In The President's Secret Service" Behind The Scenes With
Agents"....... By Robert Kessler

What's also interesting to note is the conduct-for the most part-of those who have and haven't served in the military. Again, not surprising.
BulllllllllSHITTT
You need to check your sources .
Obama has done more for the U.S. military/ and Vets than Bush ever did (Not including the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill, Which was Cut by Congress twice in the past 2 years)
Oh, and Bush couldn't even take the time out to visit Arlington.

Yes of course I would.
Obama hates the Military? Nixon was a moral man? If any SS agents actually did say these things, they are talking out of bias rather than facts. Is a bodyguard a suitable source for judging a President's morality or competence anyway?

You think bodyguards are automatically Republican? LOL.

You could interview people who knew any leader and get positive and negative comments. Even a great boss is going to have people who hate him or criticize him.

Jeez man why do I have to go on trying to explain obvious trash to you?

So just because you don't agree with them it's obviously a bunch of shit...
Notice they had that in " "'s? But then they follow that up with "but very odd and weird, paranoid, etc. He had a horrible relationship with his family, and in a way, was almost a recluse.*"

So what if the SS calls liberals out on their flaws. We hear mainstream media do it all the time for conservatives.

I had the honor to serve as a US Marine attached to the White House when Reagan was in office. I dare say I have yet to find a more complete gentleman in every sense of the word.

I was manning the door outside the White House one January evening, it was bitter cold with a fierce wind. Our dress uniforms were notorious for providing no warmth. I just sucked it up. Out pops the President and his last guest. They say goodbye and on his way back into the White House he stopped to talk to me.

"Cold enough for you, Corporal?", he asked, to which I simply replied "hell no, sir." he chuckled and said, "how did I know you would say that?" as he walked back inside.

As for the special agents assigned to the presidential detail, these guys are the real deal. Hats off to them.

BulllllllllSHITTT
You need to check your sources .
Obama has done more for the U.S. military/ and Vets than Bush ever did (Not including the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill, Which was Cut by Congress twice in the past 2 years)
Oh, and Bush couldn't even take the time out to visit Arlington.

i have yet to meet a military bro that was pro obama, not a one and they are flooding my workforce the last few years.
and with obama's military forces cutting (can't fault him for that) he is not garnering their love.
their is a reason the military largely votes GOP in every election.
bush gotta a lot of love from the troops btw

It's from a book you bunch of ignorants. If I write a book and interview a few of my peers and quote them in the book it's still all of our opinions and observations. That's all it is. Is there bias? We all have bias, don't we?

These are excerpts, so there was likely more said that you won't see unless you read the book. But hell, most of you couldn't even be bothered to read (or skim) the post enough to see it was from a book. It's not a textbook either. There's not a bunch of scientific data or studies to back up anything they're saying either. It's merely the observations of a few men who spent some time with some of our presidents.

"In The President's Secret Service: Behind The Scenes With Agents In The Line Of Fire And The Presidents They Protect" By Ronald (not Robert) Kessler

"In recounting what protectees are like behind the scenes, the book describes as well how difficult Jenna and Barbara Bush were with their agents and how Vice President Joe Biden ignores Secret Service advice about his protection. To make the press think he came to work early, Jimmy Carter would walk into the Oval Office at 5 a.m., then nod off to sleep. Lyndon Johnson would order Secret Service agents to drive on crowded sidewalks so he could make an appointment on time. Johnson would urinate in front of the press corps, which included women reporters. He had a “stable” of women with whom he had sex at the White House and at his ranch. In addition, Vice President Spiro Agnew, a champion of family values, had extramarital affairs while in office."

Here's part of a review from the USA Today:

From USA TODAY, Reviewed By Don Oldenburg, Special for USA TODAY

Some of it would border on tabloid sensationalism if it hadn't come directly from current and retired agents (most identified by name, to Kessler's credit). Of course, you'd expect the salacious stories of John Kennedy's libido, but the less-told tales of an often-drunken and philandering Lyndon Johnson caught with his pants down are shocking. Family-values champion Spiro Agnew had his hotel-room peccadilloes, it seems, and nice Jimmy Carter his animosities. Richard Nixon's peculiarities? Beyond excess.

Anecdotes of hard-to-handle members of the first families abound here as well, including Jenna and Barbara Bush's bar-hopping, Hillary Clinton's angry clashes with low-level White House employees, and Nancy Reagan's cold, controlling habits.
Balancing the sordid tales are the kinder stories of presidential humanity — like George H.W. Bush and an agent searching for hidden cookies in the middle of the night, Miss Lillian Carter delivering a six-pack to the Secret Service boys (dutifully refused), and Ronald Reagan mailing checks for thousands of dollars to needy strangers.

So why the all the blabbing from zip-lipped agents? A respected journalist and former Washington Post reporter, Kessler somehow instills trust even in wary civil servants and federal bureaucrats.

He did when researching such government-insider books as The Terrorist Watch and The CIA at War. He has done it again by persuading the Secret Service to cooperate, making this an insightful and entertaining story.

Copyright 2009, USA TODAY. All Rights Reserved.

So basically the SS comments to a liberal mind are "biased crap".

and a conservative mind, "truthful reports".

Think about the type of people Secret Service personnel generally are though. Replace them with hippie journalists and the comments/observations would probably end up favoring the behavior of Carter, Clinton, Obama, etc. and trashing Ford, Reagan and the Bush's as being too "square" and/or "abusive" somehow. Seems at least partially a matter of the eye of the beholder and their given perspective. Definitely not impartial, but that's pretty typical of human behavior.

i have yet to meet a military bro that was pro obama, not a one and they are flooding my workforce the last few years.
and with obama's military forces cutting (can't fault him for that) he is not garnering their love.
their is a reason the military largely votes GOP in every election.
bush gotta a lot of love from the troops btw
I know a few, but I know more vets who pro-Bush and anti-Obama and anti-Ron Paul.

It's a funny story. When I asked them why, the said the same thing that you did. They are cutting the military and reducing (or plan to reduce the military presence).

Top Bottom