Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Secret Service observations and impressions

I suspect your knowledge of traditional southern culture is as vast as my knowledge of Wiccan.

:)
My father's people can be traced back to shortly after the time of the Revolutionary War (great x5 grandpa was apparently a Torey) and lived in the same parts of Georgia/Tennessee since that time. My father was born in 1921, trust me, he was pretty damned old fashioned.

You know what I like about you, Plunkey? Not only do you know everything in your own head, you also know everything in the heads of people you've never even met in real life. Makes you the best psychic I've ever met, and I know some doozies.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I am saying view it with a healthy level of skepticism ... look, I've spent a lot of time down south (VA, SC, NC, family from TN and GA). Polite is part of the culture down there, it's like in the blood. I can't imagine Jimmy Carter having disdain for anybody because that's just not how southerners are, I don't know how else to explain it. And to imagine his wife "doing her own thing" in the 1970s? No, a southern wife in the 1970s was a hostess and made a home, that was the culture.

And my son met G.W. Bush when he was stationed at McGuire. His exact words "fuckin' dumbass schmuck." My kid is blunt and vulgar as hell but he can read someone like a book in a moments glance better than most folks could over years.

But GWB is a southerner too??

Is it possible for one to not conform to culture?

If so, then wouldn't it be possible for the Carters too?

You know what I like about you, Plunkey? Not only do you know everything in your own head, you also know everything in the heads of people you've never even met in real life. Makes you the best psychic I've ever met, and I know some doozies.

Yeah and my forefathers were German. But that doesn't mean I know squat about German culture.

You extrapolating the behavior of a Jimmy Carter's wife solely on your knowledge of "southern culture" is entertaining.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I am saying view it with a healthy level of skepticism ... look, I've spent a lot of time down south (VA, SC, NC, family from TN and GA). Polite is part of the culture down there, it's like in the blood. I can't imagine Jimmy Carter having disdain for anybody because that's just not how southerners are, I don't know how else to explain it. And to imagine his wife "doing her own thing" in the 1970s? No, a southern wife in the 1970s was a hostess and made a home, that was the culture.

And my son met G.W. Bush when he was stationed at McGuire. His exact words "fuckin' dumbass schmuck." My kid is blunt and vulgar as hell but he can read someone like a book in a moments glance better than most folks could over years.

I thought white southerners were racist hatemongers...or is that only when they are republicans?
:qt:

I thought white southerners were racist hatemongers...or is that only when they are republicans?
:qt:
*headsmack* Of course, how silly of me! The secret service dudes must have all been black :supercool

Foiled by sigma again!

Gaussian1.jpg

Doh!

Those are blanket statements though. I as well as many others have already could say the same thing about people where I grew up, but closer inspection would yield numerous exceptions.

That last paragraph, I take it your kid didn't grow up in the south...? ;)

Im guessing the "doing her own thing" meant she wasnt actively involved much, just stayed back minding her own business.

Those are blanket statements though. I as well as many others have already could say the same thing about people where I grew up, but closer inspection would yield numerous exceptions.

That last paragraph, I take it your kid didn't grow up in the south...? ;)

It is called overgeneralizing: making statements and using them as comprehensive tools without all the facts and with scanty evidence. She is not doing anything different than anyone else who posts in the misfit board. Out of sheer frustration I have been refraining from posting in C & C because it is virtually impossible to conduce the majority of these folks to make a conscientious effort to discern facts from fallacies. I would have more success explaining Einstein's Theory of Relativity to a cat than I would explaining 5th grade civics to these folks.

This entire thread is a joke, I could shred every post to pieces. Not worth the effort! Besides it gets a little dull correcting adults all the time.

Top Bottom