Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What was Reagan's Personal Impact on Your Life? Good or Bad?

the man said what he believe was right and he made no apologies for it.

he was responsible for the fall of the soviet union.

he wouldn't let unions risk putting the economy in jeopardy and fired the air traffic controllers.

he knew how to deal with terrorism (see: libya).

he spent money where money should be spent; on defense.

he saw the evils of big government.

he proved tax cuts work.

he was responsible for the ousting of blue-blooded republicans and helped get conservatives in power.

he had a great sense of humor and optimism.

he did his best to stop soviet expansionism.

his support and promotion of SDI.

he was responsible for the inevitable down-fall of liberalism in america, which is still in progress.

his ability to connect to the american public.

p0ink said:
he was responsible for the fall of the soviet union.

Yeah, I don't know, I think that might've had more to do with the Soviet Union than it did Regan. They imploded.

BrandonXJ said:
Yeah, I don't know, I think that might've had more to do with the Soviet Union than it did Regan. They imploded.

it was reagan's policies that were responsible. once he proposed we initiate SDI, the soviets knew it was up. they knew that we could do it and they couldn't, they also knew we had the resources to do it and they didn't.

even one of gorbachev's chief advisors admitted in an AP story this week that SDI was the final nail in the coffin. i'll post it up.

millions can thank reagan for no longer living under tyranny.

Longhorn85 said:
I am glad to hear that some of the Reagan haters sound like today's Bush haters. Especially encouraged that nihil even says W is worse. I remember how Reagan was villified by liberals on film, on MTV, in the newspapers and magazines, on Saturday night live. It was probably worse than W today. I also feel that W is today's Reagan, and I hope his conservative legacy is just as powerful.
He he ...I voted for Reagan twice. :) He was good a man.

Thank Paul Volker for 2 things, creating the recession of the late 70's and the boom of the mid 80's.

Well let's see
I was born early in 1986.
I am European
I am left wing

I'd say he meant nothing at all to me.

I don't agree with much of the things said and done by his administration and I'm also baffled by how much credit you give this one man as a person, when presidents in general, and Reagan in specific, had rather limited personal influence or participation in the grand scheme of things.

Reagan, to me, was a teleprompter reader. A confused one at that. He makes me wonder how long it will take for the US people to realise, they would be better off with a pretty and efficient news anchor for president, who could at least do a good job at the little bit they actually do.

Last edited:
I do a great Reagan voice imitation. Picture him saying this, "Well, Nancy all I want to know is did you or did you not fuck Frank Sinatra?"

No disrespect Ron. God bless your soul.

I only needed to read the first 3 paragraphs, told me everything I'd already heard. I never liked Nancy Reagan for her comment, "That all drug dealers should be put to death." That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Top Bottom