Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serious Growth Training Journal Phase II

MonStar1023

I have decided to create another thread for the 2nd Phase of Serious Growth AKA Big Beyond Belief by Leo Costa Jr. At the start of Phase II in my first thread I lost motivation and got all fucked up trying to decide whether I should switch programs etc. I am going to start Phase II in this thread and make sure I dont FUCK UP this time around. Going to start the journal on July 7, 2001. I am still going to stick with Variant 2 and workout twice a day, six times a week. Any suggestions for achieving better results during Phase II? :D

The only difference supplement wise is that I am switching to MD6 from Biotest and Xenadrine from Cytodyne for this next 3 weeks during Phase II. I will probably be taking them 2 days on alternating days.

Would you all suggest me writing down my calories too or no? I dont know if thats the best way to go about losing fat/gaining muscle or just sticking to eating clean is good... I dont know I am thinking about following a 50% protein, 25% carb, 25% fat diet. I dont know... Suggestions?

Last edited:
Just woke up today and am going to stop my 2nd Phase of Serious Growth. Need to really stick to eating clean because the past 2-3 days I took off working out and dieting and BINGED like a fat fucking pig and accomplished nothing. :mad:

DAY 1- JULY 7, 2001

Feel FLABBY AS FUCK today! Jesus I cant believe how fucking fat I can get in just a few goddamn days. Feel like I should be in a before picture for Slim-Fast or some shit FUCK!

CARDIO- 10 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout I + 10 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout II.

COMMENTS- Workout I went okay I guess. INTENSE however really felt fat and disgusting the entire workout. Back got a good workout I guess however I really need to work on feeling my lats during chins instead of my biceps & brachialis which end up fatigued afterwards. Pullovers really stretched the hell outta my lats. Forearms got an INCREDIBLE BURN and and a GREAT overall workout. Really torched forearms completely and took them as far and they would can go. Trying to thicken them up big time! Workout II went really well in my opinion. Didnt get to workout until fairly late (around 9:30 PM) but still kept everything INTENSE! :rolleyes: Really hit pecs hard right from the start with incline dumbbell presses. Stretched on the bottom of the movement and really exploded up with each rep. Declines hit lower pecs really hard and flyes really stretched pecs out completely. Biceps got a great workout as well. Barbell curls really helped hit bis completely... spider curls really helped out contraction and peak with I need to work on REALLY badly. REALLY need to work on building up my peak! Hammer curls really flamed brachialis all the way. :D

DIET- Decided to track all of my meals and calories today...
M1> postworkout shake (330)
M2> peanut butter + skim milk (450)
M3> oatmeal + peanut butter + skim milk (420)
M4> postworkout shake (330)
M5> peanut butter + skim milk (365)
Took in 1865 calories today. DEFINTELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH! Holy fucking hell thats like 1/2 the amount of calories that I need. Jesus! Need to shoot for around 2750-3250 calories maybe even more then that. Goddamnit! Not trying to lose muscle! FUCK!

SLEEP- 9 hours... great amount of sleep baby! Thats what Im talking about! Really need to stick to TONS of sleep no matter what. Need sleep for recovery... going to correct all of the mistakes that I made during Phase I of this program... lack of sleep, malnutrition, binging, etc. Time to make some real fucking gains! :D

SUPPLEMENTS - 5g creatine + 5g glutamine postworkout/cardio along with high-glycemic carbs and whey protein, multi-vitamin/mineral, 2 Xenadrine 30-45 minutes before each workout.

TRAINING-
Workout I. Back, Forearms.
wide-grip front chins (bodyweight) 10x10x10
bentover reverse ez-bar rows 180x10; 180x10; 180x10
crossbench dumbbell pullovers 60x12; 60x11; 60x10
seated barbell wrist curls 110x12; 110x12; 110x12
one-dumbbell twists 30x12; 30x12; 30x12
wrist roller 20x4; 20x4; 20x4

Workout II. Chest, Biceps.
incline dumbbell presses 70x12; 70x12; 70x12
decline barbell presses 165x12; 165x11; 165x10
low-incline dumbbell flyes 60x10; 60x10; 60x10
standing barbell curls 80x12; 80x11; 80x10
one-dumbbell spider curls 20x10; 20x10; 20x10
dumbbell hammer preacher curls 30x10; 30x10; 30x10

TRAINING LENGTH- Workout I was around 30 minutes, with all of my rest periods either ~120 seconds or LESS. Workout II was around 40 minutes, with all of my rest periods around ~120 seconds or LESS.

WATER- took in a good amount today I guess. Still need more though. :spit:

Felt FAT AS HELL all day long today. I am seriously going to make sure that I DONT make any of the mistakes that I made during Phase I. Really have to control my eating... NO MATTER WHAT! :evil:

Last edited:
DAY 2- JULY 8, 2001

CARDIO- 10 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout I + 10 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout II.

COMMENTS- Workout I went very very well. GREAT overall workout I think. Hit front and side delts HARD right off from the beginning with alt. presses and then again hammered them with alt. dumbbell raises. Really took care of front delts and finished of side-delts completely with stiff-arm laterals. Really working out thickening up side-delts to get a much wider silhouette. Traps got BEAT DOWN with hang cleans and seated v-bar rows. Hang cleans hit upper/middle traps all the way and v-bar rows to the neck really contracted middle/lower traps. REALLY trying to force my traps into growth BIG TIME. :doublefi: Hang cleans were a TOTAL BODY movement PHEW! Totally exausted afterwards. Really hit my inner forearms hard with hang cleans which I didnt expect at all. Maybe because they were a little bit sore from yesterday's workout. Workout II went really well I think. Calves got a pretty good workout and an okay burn. Reps were too high which usually effect my calf workout but I managed to get a good workout non-the-less. Triceps got a GREAT workout. Great burn, pretty good pump, just good overall workout. Really hit tris hard with all 3 exercises. Abs got a good workout. Phase II of this program calls for decreased volume on everything but abs.. which is kind of awkward in my opinion but oh well. Abs got a good contraction in both exercises + a good burn.

DIET- Decided to track all of my meals and calories again today because I need aLOT more today...
M1> postworkout shake (330)
M2> skim milk + peant butter (540)
M3> wheat flakes + skim mlk (300)
M4> postworkout shake (330)
M5> skim milk + peanut butter (270)
1770 calories. FUCK! I really feel like Xenadrine is completely destroying my appetite completely. I dont feel hungry AT ALL I just feel full all the time somehow. I have to literally drag myself to eat another meal. Crazy huh?

SLEEP- 8.5 hours... good amount of sleep. As far as I know GAY ASS summer school will be starting tomorrow so I REALLY have to be sure to get enough sleep and go to bed around 8-9 PM. Fuck thats early as hell for the summer! Oh well.

SUPPLEMENTS - 5g creatine + 5g glutamine postworkout/cardio along with high-glycemic carbs and whey protein, multi-vitamin/mineral, 2 Xenadrine 30-45 minutes before each workout.

TRAINING-
Workout I. Delts, Traps.
seated alt. front/behind neck presses 100x12; 100x12; 100x12
one-dumbbell alt. front/side raises 30x10; 30x10; 30x10 (raise to the side + raise to the front = 1 rep)
one-dumbbell stiff-arm side-laterals 20x10; 20x10; 20x10
barbell hang cleans 120x10; 120x10; 120x10
seated v-bar cable rows (to neck) 70x12; 70x12; 70x12

Workout II. Triceps, Calves, Abs.
one-dumbbell calf raises 60x12; 60x12; 60x12; 60x12; 60x12; 60x12; 60x12; 60x12; 60x12
lying ez-bar ext. 80x12; 80x11; 80x10
decline dumbbell ext. 30x10; 30x10; 30x10
kneeling overhead cable ext. 60x10; 60x10; 60x10
seated leg tucks 15x15x15x15
decline weighted crunches 20x15; 20x15; 20x15

TRAINING LENGTH- Workout I was around 30 minutes, with all of my rest periods either ~120 seconds or LESS. Workout II was around 35 minutes with all of the rest periods around ~120 seconds or less.

WATER- need more today.

Still felt VERY VERY VERY FLABBY today due to the binge days that I took. What a fucking retard I must be for taking a few days off from training and dieting. :confused:

Last edited:
DAY 3- JULY 9, 2001

CARDIO- 20 minutes low-intensity stationery bike first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

COMMENTS- Workout I went pretty good I guess. Really hit lats hard with chins really focused on feeling my lats work during the movement. Bentover rows really hammered lats all the way. GREAT CONTRACTION really squeezed lats to the limit. Pullovers completely stretched out entire upper body completely. Serratus and intercostals were hit hard with pullovers. Forearms got a good workout as well. Good burn and an okay pump I guess a lot more of a burn though. Wrist roller hit forearms pretty well. Workout II was a BAD overall workout unfortunately. Not too serious and not too intense. Chest got an okay workout I guess and so did biceps. Not too much of a pump or too much of a feeling of exaustion. Really need to WORK HARD next chest and bicep workout. UP THE FUCKING INTENSITY! My girlfriend was cracking me up during my second workout thats why it was so funny. Shes my BABY! :loveyou:

DIET- stuck to eating clean all day long today. Really wanted to binge though like a fat slob. My girlfriend and I went to a pizza place and I was craving some but I held back and really thought about how badly I wanted results. :D

SLEEP- 7 hours... took 6mg. melatonin before bed and literally slept 1 hour, then woke up and layed in bed for 3-4 hours. I dont know what my FUCKING PROBLEM is. I am only hindering my progress more and more by not getting a proper amount of sleep.

SUPPLEMENTS - 5g creatine + 5g glutamine postworkout/cardio along with high-glycemic carbs and whey protein, multi-vitamin/mineral, 2 Xenadrine 30-45 minutes before morning cardio and 1 Xenadrine 30 minutes before each workout. MD6 finally came in the mail today, which Ill start tomorrow.

TRAINING-
Workout I. Back, Forearms.
wide-grip front chins (bodyweight) 8x8x8
bentover reverse ez-bar rows 195x8; 195x8; 195x8
crossbench dumbbell pullovers 70x8; 70x8; 70x8
seated barbell wrist curls 120x10; 120x10; 120x10
one-dumbbell twists 40x10; 40x9; 40x8
wrist roller 25x5; 25x4; 25x4

Workout II. Chest, Biceps.
incline dumbbell presses 80x8; 80x8; 80x8
decline barbell presses 175x10; 175x9; 175x8
low-incline dumbbell flyes 60x8; 60x8; 60x8
standing barbell curls 90x8; 90x8; 90x8
one-dumbbell spyder curls 30x8; 30x8; 30x8
dumbbell hammer preacher curls 30x10; 30x10; 30x10

TRAINING LENGTH- Workout I was around 30 minutes, with all of my rest periods either ~120 seconds or LESS. Workout II was around 40 minutes with all of the rest periods around ~120 seconds or less.

WATER- took in a lot today. Really need to continue to do so.

Last edited:
Hey bro, I would bump the cardio to about 30-40 minutes in the morning. You start to burn fat about 20 minutes into the cardio session. Im on a diet too, and its all about motivation. I keep a pic of my girl and a pic off a muscle mag and keep it in my wallet. I look at it when I feel like eating a lot or cutting out my cardio session and it motivates me. Your posts are very informative by the way.

Whatsup evilution? Yeah I hear you bro the thing is I am not doing that much cardio for a # of reasons. 1st of all working out twice a day I am having trouble maintaining my weight I have to eat a LOT of fucking food. 2nd I usually do my cardio postworkout to clear the lactic acid outta my muscles not first thing in the morning. Dont get my wrong fat-burning is definitely WAY up there on my list just not at the VERY top yet. Serious Growth for me is about size and strength while adding some cuts and detail. ;)

you need to eat more than just peanut butter sandwiches.. try eggs and toast for breakfast, tuna sandwich etc

Monstar(this is the michael jordan cartoon movie guys, right?) you aren't eating nearly enough protein. I've been reading your old thread on the serious growth training. And, surprise, Xenadrine will suppress your appetite. I have this feeling that if you don't cycle the intensity of this training, you'll burn out again. Want to know why you have trouble sleeping some nights? You're burnt out. Training 4 or 5 times a week I can understand, but training 12 times a week is insane. All I could advise is don't train to failure, train once a day, and have a goal of working up to max weights every two or three weeks. Cycling the intensity is the best thing you can do. Otherwise, the weights aren't gonna go anywhere. Also, I remember that you aren't training legs because you hurt them? I don't remember, but if you can walk from station to station, do some calf work and some extensions and curls, I don't want to see you turn into a wheelchair competitor. You've got balls to be doing this man, good luck.

Yo Steelheart yeah seriously dude I am trying to UP MY PROTEIN intake alot lately. Last summer I was making great gains with up to 350g a day. A lot of it was from shakes and bars but still it was there. Thanks for the advice. :)

gmm whatsup man? Yeah I know exactly what your saying about the protein intake mine has seriously fucking SUCKED big time. I know bro I gotta get it up I hear you bro. I also gotta get my carbs higher I think. Mine are WAY too low for working out twice a fucking day. Serious Growth calls for 12 workouts a week. If I wasnt on this program I would only be working out 4x a week 5x TOPS with each bodypart one time a week. I know I am burning out big time but supposedly thats the point of the program. I know for a fact that its designed for naturals so I am just trying it out to see if controlled overtraining has any type of validation at all. :D I dont know man... so far I have seen some pretty good results (although I feel FLABBY as hell) and I am going to just fucking kick my ass to stick with it and if it turns out the program blows dick Ill just learn from this experience.

Top Bottom