Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roxy's 8 weeks to normal log :)

Roxy722

Well, you've all inspired me to get a log up and going.

The specifics:

* 8 week time period
* calories just slightly below maintenance 1900-2100
* will be looking at the basic 40/40/20 split
* Max OT training program with some cardio

Goals:

* To maintain the weight I've lost currently - possibly drop a few more lbs.
* Maintain lean mass gains
* Give my body some much needed recovery time and allow my hormones to even out a bit
* Get my appetite and eating patterns under control.
* Renew my love for the gym! :)

This has been a challenging year for me. I've decided this weekend that I will not be competing next week. I've known deep down for awhile that I wouldn't be ready but struggled to get real with myself. Always tough to let go of a goal but I've decided to redefine the goal.

I dieted really hard last year to compete. I dropped about 48 lbs in 23 weeks and the post contest rebound was brutal. I developed a pattern of eating healthy for a few days and then essentially binging for a few days and so on and then went right back into prep mode. The weight has not come off this time like it did the last time, my desire to continue eating has been a huge issue as well. As my calories lowered for prep mode, my appetite seemed to increase, to the point where I have been stressed and feeling anxious about developing an eating disorder. I can't focus on anything and just feel really shut down and isolated.

I work in a psych unit and I have found myself identifying more and more with the ED patients and I realized that I am heading down a bad path and I need to fix it. My hormones are out of whack and my metabolism needs some consistency and I need to find that balance again.

I am relieved to have a plan that will help me get back on track. I believe competing, for me, is something I really loved but I allowed it to become all consuming and the fun and passion is not there this time. The stage will always be there so I just decided I needed to get my head out of my butt and get back on track in a good way.

I'll write a bit more on a new post....sorry for the wall of text! :)

P.S. I'm starting Monday. It's Thanksgiving here in Canada so I'm going to eat turkey with the family tomorrow.

Well, you've all inspired me to get a log up and going.

The specifics:

* 8 week time period
* calories just slightly below maintenance 1900-2100
* will be looking at the basic 40/40/20 split
* Max OT training program with some cardio

Goals:

* To maintain the weight I've lost currently - possibly drop a few more lbs.
* Maintain lean mass gains
* Give my body some much needed recovery time and allow my hormones to even out a bit
* Get my appetite and eating patterns under control.
* Renew my love for the gym! :)

This has been a challenging year for me. I've decided this weekend that I will not be competing next week. I've known deep down for awhile that I wouldn't be ready but struggled to get real with myself. Always tough to let go of a goal but I've decided to redefine the goal.

I dieted really hard last year to compete. I dropped about 48 lbs in 23 weeks and the post contest rebound was brutal. I developed a pattern of eating healthy for a few days and then essentially binging for a few days and so on and then went right back into prep mode. The weight has not come off this time like it did the last time, my desire to continue eating has been a huge issue as well. As my calories lowered for prep mode, my appetite seemed to increase, to the point where I have been stressed and feeling anxious about developing an eating disorder. I can't focus on anything and just feel really shut down and isolated.

I work in a psych unit and I have found myself identifying more and more with the ED patients and I realized that I am heading down a bad path and I need to fix it. My hormones are out of whack and my metabolism needs some consistency and I need to find that balance again.

I am relieved to have a plan that will help me get back on track. I believe competing, for me, is something I really loved but I allowed it to become all consuming and the fun and passion is not there this time. The stage will always be there so I just decided I needed to get my head out of my butt and get back on track in a good way.
I'll write a bit more on a new post....sorry for the wall of text! :)

P.S. I'm starting Monday. It's Thanksgiving here in Canada so I'm going to eat turkey with the family tomorrow.

Happy Gobble Gobble day, tomorrow! Enjoy your turkey and all the fixin'!

I think you made a good decision about not competing. You knew that you would not be ready and the next time you get on stage...you want to strive to bring a better package than your previous showing.

I bet in the next 8 weeks of this log, you will re-ignite that fire that has faded, but had never dissappeared. You can do this. I believe you can!

Happy Gobble Gobble day, tomorrow! Enjoy your turkey and all the fixin'!

I think you made a good decision about not competing. You knew that you would not be ready and the next time you get on stage...you want to strive to bring a better package than your previous showing.

I bet in the next 8 weeks of this log, you will re-ignite that fire that has faded, but had never dissappeared. You can do this. I believe you can!

Thank you Island girl. It definitely feels better already, mentally speaking. Thanks for your positive comments! That means a lot to me. :)

Hi Roxy! How was your turkey day?

I agree with everyone about your transformation pictures. Lots of hard work and dedication right there! They totally tell a story. Love that.

I'm hoping you have a wonderful week this week!

Top Bottom