Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roxy's 8 weeks to normal log :)

Oh, the MAX OT almost is similar to DC training. Is there more info somewhere to read up on this training?

Nice on the donkey raises girl! The entire stack? You Rock!

LOL..thanks...I stood up and went "woo hoo" and then got a few weird looks but felt good!

AST Sports Science - High-Performance Sports Nutrition Supplements

That's the link for the Max Ot website. You can sign up and get the program for free but then they try to hook you in to access the FAQ's and buy their supplements etc. It's user friendly and set up in a 12 week format...easy to read. I'm going to make a few adjustments but not too many. I'll note them as I go.

I'm loving the short workouts though!

Re: Tuesday, October 12

Tuesday, Oct 12, 2010

Arm day - Bis and Tri (5 warm up sets)

Straight bar curls
50-6
50-6

Alternating Dumbbell curls
30-4
30-4

Cable Curls
35-8

Rope push downs
80-6
90-4

Assisted dips
100 - 8
70 - 6
50 - 6

45 minutes moderate cardio. I did cardio with a friend who is doing her first show this weekend so we did a lot of chatting and went longer then expected! Gotta love that!

Total calories: 1920
Macros: 205 p - 180 c - 50.5 f

A little bit more balanced at 42,36,23 so getting there.

Overall, another good day.

Re:Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010

Wed, Oct 13, 2010

Today`s workout seemed extra short but I realized when I got home, I`d left page 2 at home! So missed the abs part. I trained chest today.

I used the Smith machine for the presses. Chest is one of my weaker areas and I wanted to really push myself to see where my limits were. Again, bar weight not included (only because I really don`t know how much they are...45 lbs? 55?)

Bench press
60-6
70-6
75-6 (new pr for me)

Incline press
37.5-4
37.4-4
37.5-4

Dips - assisted
60-5
60-5

30 mins cardio

Calories: 1990
Macros: 251p - 163c - 39f

It's every 3-4 days where I start to feel like I need to eat more and the late night eating happens. This is the pattern I developed a few months post contest and have yet to break it. It's the reason I'm not ready to compete.

I can feel it starting tonight a bit. I may look at bumping up my calories tomorrow to closer to maintenance and experiment a bit with that(almost like a refeed) . It's a combination of some physical hunger and some psychological stuff going on I think but tomorrow will be the test day. It's the usual trouble day for me. I'm usually good for 3 days and then have a terrible 4th day.

I am determined to beat this though!

Typically the olympic bars are 45 lbs.

Nice sessions girl! Interesting rep ranges. I just need to check out that link you gave me. haha

LOL..thanks...I stood up and went "woo hoo" and then got a few weird looks but felt good!

AST Sports Science - High-Performance Sports Nutrition Supplements

That's the link for the Max Ot website. You can sign up and get the program for free but then they try to hook you in to access the FAQ's and buy their supplements etc. It's user friendly and set up in a 12 week format...easy to read. I'm going to make a few adjustments but not too many. I'll note them as I go.

I'm loving the short workouts though!

Thank you. I'll take a peek after this weekend when I get home. Really sounds similar to DC training.

Re: Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010

Wed, Oct 13, 2010

Today`s workout seemed extra short but I realized when I got home, I`d left page 2 at home! So missed the abs part. I trained chest today.

I used the Smith machine for the presses. Chest is one of my weaker areas and I wanted to really push myself to see where my limits were. Again, bar weight not included (only because I really don`t know how much they are...45 lbs? 55?)

Bench press
60-6
70-6
75-6 (new pr for me)

Incline press
37.5-4
37.4-4
37.5-4

Dips - assisted
60-5
60-5

30 mins cardio

Calories: 1990
Macros: 251p - 163c - 39f

It's every 3-4 days where I start to feel like I need to eat more and the late night eating happens. This is the pattern I developed a few months post contest and have yet to break it. It's the reason I'm not ready to compete.

I can feel it starting tonight a bit. I may look at bumping up my calories tomorrow to closer to maintenance and experiment a bit with that(almost like a refeed) . It's a combination of some physical hunger and some psychological stuff going on I think but tomorrow will be the test day. It's the usual trouble day for me. I'm usually good for 3 days and then have a terrible 4th day.

I am determined to beat this though!

I find herbal tea that kinda smells like dessert eg. vanilla/chocolate/chai kind of flavours really curb my cravings at night. Just a thought. There's a President's choice "chocolatey chai" herbal tea (0 cal) that is really good. If you're near a Loblaws/superstore/independant grocer.
WTG on those bench presses, maybe I'll try the smith for that...

Re: Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010

I find herbal tea that kinda smells like dessert eg. vanilla/chocolate/chai kind of flavours really curb my cravings at night. Just a thought. There's a President's choice "chocolatey chai" herbal tea (0 cal) that is really good. If you're near a Loblaws/superstore/independant grocer.
WTG on those bench presses, maybe I'll try the smith for that...

Thanks for the tip! I have discovered turkey meatballs at superstore under their blue label packaging that are amazing, so I`m in there a lot. I`ll pick some up and give it a try.

Typically the olympic bars are 45 lbs.

Nice sessions girl! Interesting rep ranges. I just need to check out that link you gave me. haha

I know..the reps are weird for me too! The basic concept is do the 5 warm up sets so

12 reps-low weight
10 reps-increased
6 reps - increased
3 reps - increased
1 rep - just slightly below max weight

Then the number of sets with usually 4-6 reps. It says if you can do more then 6 you need to increase the weight. You should be hitting the positive failure at 6. So, it`s been a bit of an experiment to figure out where my limits are as I`m used to doing more reps.

It calls for 2 min rest periods between sets to maximize lift potential and that`s a bit of a challenge for me. I feel like I`m doing a lot of sitting!! lol

It`s an interesting experiment though and something different. I`m not sure what I`ll do after the 8 weeks but for now, I`ll keep going and see what happens.

I`ll have to check out the DC training too!

Just a quick update....had a busy weekend and haven't been online at all. Saturday was the competition that I was supposed to do and I worked backstage (got myself assigned to tanning touch ups and putting oil on people ...lol) Gotta love it. I wasn't sure how I'd feel being there but it was great! I love the energy at a show and it was very motivating!! I met some great people backstage and really felt pumped up!

I made it through the first week of Max OT training and my diet has been pretty good. I have not had any binges! I haven't even really felt tempted. I had a glass of wine Saturday night for the first time since March and felt kind of sick. I remember when I could drink a lot!! How things change.

I took Sunday and today off and am back to training tomorrow.

Just a quick update....had a busy weekend and haven't been online at all. Saturday was the competition that I was supposed to do and I worked backstage (got myself assigned to tanning touch ups and putting oil on people ...lol) Gotta love it. I wasn't sure how I'd feel being there but it was great! I love the energy at a show and it was very motivating!! I met some great people backstage and really felt pumped up!

I made it through the first week of Max OT training and my diet has been pretty good. I have not had any binges! I haven't even really felt tempted. I had a glass of wine Saturday night for the first time since March and felt kind of sick. I remember when I could drink a lot!! How things change.

I took Sunday and today off and am back to training tomorrow.

That's cool that you worked backstage, you must have been so insoired!
Good for you for not having the binges, that's huge.
Looking forward to more of your log :)

Top Bottom