Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mattie o's anabolic diet log

mattie o

so i may as well log this whole deal.

i have done this diet before, and there was thread i hung out on that i dug up when i decided to do this again...since i dont feel like typing the whole schpeel again, here is my post from the other thread:

wow! WOW! it has been damn near a year since ive been in here...i just re read this whole thread.

A LOT has happened in the past year! wow, i have learned a ton. god my posts were annoying.

so i am doing a CDK again. as you can see by my avitar, i did do a bodybuilding competition (onebreath, i think i saw a post from a long time ago where you asked if i had ever considered it), and it was a great experience. nothing like 13 weeks of pure unbridled torture ;) the competition was March 27th, i began my prep Jan 2.

altho i didnt really come in here much anymore, i did continue to carb cycle, altho between the months of my last post on here and January, the whole program was less than honorable...i was always doing SOMETHING, but perhaps not always doing it RIGHT...ie, no cardio at all...taking the whole WEEK of christmas off of any sort of program...ya know.

but whatev. the competition did wonders for me, i made some REALLY good habits during that time, and now am excited to do the ol CKD again - CORRECTLY - and enjoy some recomp :) im also trying some other new things, if you poke around in the womens section, im sure youll see.

good times, good times.

so: after re reading my posts in this thread, here is what happened last time:

-low carb monday thru friday, eat a bunch of shit and probably drink a few drinks saturday and sunday
-lift 3x per week, one day for upper, one day for lower, one depletion work out, little to no cardio.

aaaaaaaand heres whats gonna happen this time:

-low carb monday thru satruday, CARB UP sunday (maybe occasionally saturday evening)

-5 days of lifting - monday back, tues chest, wed legs, thurs abs, fri arms/shoulders. (this is what ive been doing since jan, works well for me)

-1 hour of cardio every single day, in the morning on an empty stomach. remember i said i made some good habits during contest prep? this is one of them. may as well keep doing it, im used to it, and its a total mindfuck if i miss one of my am cardio sessions...plus, i got pretty friggin lean for the show, and am still only at 13% right now, and ill be damned if any unescessary fat is gonna come back on my body.

-cleaner eating: sometimes, during the low carb phase before, there were processed meats, ect..but im gonna just stick to cleaner more natural foods this time around. i have learned to love all natural pb as much as i love skippy. also, the booze: for one reason or another the thought of hard liquor GAGS me (not a bad thing) and i noticed in alot of my old posts...well, moonshine, mai thais, margaritas...ya. not happening this time. i might - MAYBE - have a glass of red wine once in a while.

-supps: going to try some new things. still researching. right now im taking the EC stack again (only becuase i have the appetite of a lumberjack), CLA, Chromium, Flax, and a Multi.

so there you have it kids. a new and improved mattie o, back in action! im gonna do this diet for a while. am i bulking or cutting? not sure yet. will i do another show? probably, it was really fun. did i feel that last time i did this diet, it worked, despite my hedonistic ways? sure. but im really looking forward to this time, see what happens when i do it 110%! plus, im in the best shape ive ever been in to start with, thanks to Novice Womens Heavyweight, so im excited to see what happens.

that oughtta sum it up.

day(s) 1 and 2: starting weight 135.6. pant size: 2, body fat: 13.3 %...i have no other measurements (biceps, thighs, etc.) i might want to procure some for maximum logging.

day 1: was Thurs May 6th, and I woke up with a "new zest for life" feeling, having finally made a decision about my upcoming bodybuilding competition...i said right after my first one that i was going to do another one, but as i went along, i realized my heart wasnt in it 110%. thus begins a nice long recomp via the anabolic diet. im planning my first refeed for next Sunday...which is not the specified 12 day low carb phase, but 10 days. i think itll be ok.

maaaaan, am i happy to be back on low carb! i missed it...and having eaten rocks and grass (seemed like) for almost 5 months, everything tastes like a DREAM. first thing i noticed: its harder to keep a nice caloric deficit (if thats what your going for) when low carbin'. i got into the habit of eating 5 or 6 small meals a day, and i didnt do that before when i low carbed, since one nice fatty low carb meal would keep me full longer...so i ate 3x per day. ish. so yesterday i racked up oh, say, 2200 calories. 16 carbs. felt full, satisfied, but not bloated. did i feel guilty eating that many cals? yep. i may have just been excited and ate a couple tablespoons extra butter because "i can now." haha...ill get over it.

i may as well log my workouts in here too....so yesterday i did one hour on the elliptical, and i did about 30 minutes of abs on my lunch break. they are sore today. as you read above, i made abs a "day", which is ok...yes, i know they are made in the kitchen. but i never did abs before, and im not doing anything else thursday afternoons, so...ab day.

so im gonna try and keep it in the 1800-1950 range. im hoping it wont take that long for me to get into ketosis, as i was only having 75-100g carbs per day prior, plus the am fasted cardio helps. i look forward to peeing on those little sticks again :) also, i have toxic breath when im in ketosis (right scott29?) so thats always a good sign.

day 2: 134.6 lbs (woot) is going well, feel just fine, dont miss carbs one bit...i feel like this diet was made for me, i love it. had a couple eggs with cheese this morning, and some leftover taco meat i made with cheese, and am enjoying my creamy ass cup of coffee that i put heavy whipping cream in. my next "feeding" will be 4 oz of chicken + 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli with some butter on it. scrumptious morsels!

i bought a 0 carb whey protein...its not bad. works great for my protein pancakes. which, by the way, are better with real butter on them...you should have heard me moaning and groaning. ill probably have these for supper tonight, along with a bit more taco meat.

another hour on the elliptical this morning, and i literally sweat out damn near a whole pound. i plan to do arms and shouders on my lunch break...stay tuned.

so what do you guys think: smaller, more frequent meals work best on the AD? im kind of experimenting with this today...i feel like id be fine with eating only 3 or 4 times per day, but it seems like more little meals is best, to keep the ol fire burning?

also: what about caloric intake during the low carb phase? now, you may ask, well mattie, are you bulking or cutting here? the answer to that is, im not sure. bulking, i think. but i obviously want to keep the fat off (duh). so i feel like i should be a bit careful during the weekdays...thoughts? some think that the calorie deficit rules dont apply on low carb, since your body is burning a less efficient fuel....hmm.

end of day 2: arms/shoulders was awesome...didnt feel all that strong, im guessing due to the lack of carbs.

appetite is still large...it feels better on low carbs, but im still hungry...so i got to thinking....maybe i need to eat. maybe i actually need a few more calories now, due to more muscle and much higher activity level. so, i ate. until i was full. not stuffed, satisfied.

well, this totalled up to 2600 calories. really? REALLY? i dont even feel like i ate that much at all today! so im a little distraught...grrr. that just seems like too much, i cant get my head around it! theres no way thats ok...right? right? and i was trying to cut little corners here and there, to make the calories a little less, and i never did that before on low carb... i just...ate. didnt eat any carbs. it worked...i didnt lose super fast after a while, probably due to alot of calories, but i was losing, and i sure as shit wasnt gaining. i remember having like, big huge rib eyes for dinner with slags of butter on it...thats WELL over 1000 calories right there...and that would be just dinner!!! plus, my activity level then was probably half what is it now, and i KNOW i have more muscle...so i dont know.

i think my plan for this first week re: calories is im going to eat when im hungry, get full, and just try to remain AWARE of the volume im eating...and after 7 days, depending on what my weight is, i will adjust accordingly. if ive lost a pound or 2, well shit, i really can eat more calories than i thought. if not, well...ill have to figure out how to cut the calories during the low carb phase and not suffer.

clearly the answer here is: ill have to experiment. grrrr, i hate that. because if it doesnt work out, ill feel like i lost a week. but its not going to do me a damn bit of good stressing about it.

hope everyone has a good weekend! ive got some lovely cardio planned for tomorrow morning, hehe...i think i may try my clenbuterol tomorrow. see if that doesnt blunt the appetite a bit.

i have a killer recipe for a couple kinds of low carb pizza that i really enjoy, i think ill make some of that this weekend. super easy, only a few carbs per slice. one of the things im missed the most! :)

day 3: 133.4 this morning. i imagine this is the water weight one loses when one begins low carb.

after my morning cardio, i had breakfast...1090 calories worth of breakfast.

ya. thats a bit much. i know. the thing is, i havent been one bit hungry all day, so there ya go. i think im still just a bit excited.

in other news: clenbuterol, tried it for the first time today. took a third of a dropper today this morning (about 33 mcg). after a while i did get the shakes a little, nothing to major. i plan on taking that amount tomorrow, then perhaps increasing it to half a dropper the following day.

peed on ketostick...yay, im in! hehe, i know those sticks arent super accurate, but its still kinda fun. but i do have cat shit breath and im very dry...thats how i know im in fat burning mode... :)

day 4: 134 lbs, negative reading on the ketostick...hmm. im thinking this is due to a couple sugar free peanut butter cups i had. i dont normally eat these.

ended up doing better on the calories yesterday, right around 2100. i think i need to just try and put the breaks on a bit...its like i was deprived for so long during contest prep, than now when i get to eat something i actually enjoy, i get REALLY excited, and things are still tasting EXTRA good.

the cool thing about low carb (this happens to me anyway) is that you get the "full" feeling faster...so i just eat a reasonable portion and wait 10 minutes or so, ill feel full. instead of eating the reasonable portion, and immedeately after the last bite think, holy shit that was good i want some more, and eat a second reasonable portion that i wasnt really hungry for anyway.

feels yucky tho, like i have an unhealthy relationship with food now. it was NOT like this before the competition...

day 5: ugh.

well, i ended up having a little carb up yesterday afternoon. do i feel like i deserved it? nope. was it emotional eating? partly. i ended up in tears stressing about my weird eating habits ive developed, as yesterday morning, once again, i blew my wad on my first meal, to the tune of about 1300 calories. but i think i may have cured my appetite problem. i ate so much in such a short period of time yesterday (i wont even say what and how much, its gross) that ive never been so full in my life. and now this morning, i dont have that "ok, how many more minutes until my next meal??" feeling. i just feel...normal. like maybe in a bit, ill have a bite to eat, and thatll be that.

anyway, im rambling. its all good. 3rd day on clen today, the only thing i notice really is the little shakies. this may be helping with my appetite as well.

a couple things im going to focus on this week: im going to ditch the fake sugars, dude. i really do think they just make you crave it more. perhaps a bit of liquid splenda in my coffee, or a sugar free jello here and there...but thats all. also the peanut butter intake could be lowered a bit.

day 5: ugh.

well, i ended up having a little carb up yesterday afternoon.

Mattie, it's my understanding that The Anabolic Diet will not return optimal results if do not go totally carb free the first 12 days. Totally carb free isn't for everyone though.

You should be eating just meats (without sauces or condiments) and green veggies. Even ANPB will have about 4 carbs per tablespoon so that would not be allowed either. It needs to be 100% Paleo diet for 12 days straight. Then carb crazy, strict Paleo in cycles. Very few people can do a proper Paleo though. You might want to reconsider. This is pretty demanding.

Mattie, it's my understanding that The Anabolic Diet will not return optimal results if do not go totally carb free the first 12 days. Totally carb free isn't for everyone though.

You should be eating just meats (without sauces or condiments) and green veggies. Even ANPB will have about 4 carbs per tablespoon so that would not be allowed either. It needs to be 100% Paleo diet for 12 days straight. Then carb crazy, strict Paleo in cycles. Very few people can do a proper Paleo though. You might want to reconsider. This is pretty demanding.

i do know about the 12 days...and yes, the wheels sorta fell off my whole program here. thats why im starting over, as i want to do it right :)

no reconsidering here :) im very excited about this diet. i just had alot of "crap" going on last week, and didnt quite start out right. no biggie, ill just get back on the horse!

edit: so i was just doing some reading up on the paleo diet...one webisite had a list of "encouraged foods"...meats (of the lean variety, on the AD fatty meats are best), and nuts and seeds...then it goes on to say that eggs should be limited to 6 per week, and oils should be used in moderation, no more than 4 tbsp per day...now, most of the reading ive done about the anabolic diet says that during the low carb phase, eggs should be a staple food..? not to mention fats such as oils. also, im seeing fruit on the paleo diet???!

Last edited:
Mattice, it's my understanding that The Anabolic Diet will not return optimal results if do not go totally carb free the first 12 days. Totally carb free isn't for everyone though.

You should be eating just meats (without sauces or condiments) and green veggies. Even ANPB will have about 4 cairbs per tablespoon so that would not be allowed either. It needs to be 100% Paleo diet for 12 days straight. Then carb crazy, strict Paleo in cycles. Very few people can do a proper Paleo though. You might want to reconsider. This is pretty demanding.[/QUOT

Willow, way off, anabolic diet has absolutely nothing to do with the paleo diet (caveman).. two different diets entirely

Mattice, it's my understanding that The Anabolic Diet will not return optimal results if do not go totally carb free the first 12 days. Totally carb free isn't for everyone though.

You should be eating just meats (without sauces or condiments) and green veggies. Even ANPB will have about 4 cairbs per tablespoon so that would not be allowed either. It needs to be 100% Paleo diet for 12 days straight. Then carb crazy, strict Paleo in cycles. Very few people can do a proper Paleo though. You might want to reconsider. This is pretty demanding.[/QUOT

Willow, way off, anabolic diet has absolutely nothing to do with the paleo diet (caveman).. two different diets entirely

The initial 12 day cycle, then each recurring carb free 5 day cycle are in fact quite similar to the Paleo diet. The difference in the cycles cited and the Paleo diet is that the carb free Anabolic diet cycles are even more restrictive as they do not allow even fruits, which are allowed in the Paleo diet.

Top Bottom