Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mattie o's anabolic diet log

yo yo, day 14: 136.6 lbs. pooped my brains out yesterday...also felt like i lost a bit of water. good, good. felt pretty lean this morning, could actually see a couple veins in my pelvic region yay!

yesterdays calories were 1960, 18 carbs. this is good! i think my weird post-competition eating disorder is coming to an end. i feel like im getting back to regualr life finally.

yesterdays grub:

m1: protein biscuit with 1 tbsp of smart balance butter (switched to this to help keep the cals down...tastes like butter to me, and it seems relatively healthy, omega 3's, all natural, blah blah. 0 carbs, and its help keep the cals down.), 1 cup coffee with 1/2 tbsp heavy cream

m2: 4 oz. ground turkey, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, protein biscuit with 1 tbsp smart balance

m3: 6 oz. tilapia with 1/2 tbsp smart balance, 1/2 tbsp real butter

m4: 2 cups lettuce with kens caesar, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 2 small protein pancakes (made with whole eggs) with 2 tbsp anbp and smart balance butter, walden farms pancake syrup

little treat: 2 tbsp whipped cream cheese with 1/2 tbsp anpb, and a dash of peanut butter flavored sf sweetener

hmmm...looking back at this, i eat alot of whey. is that such a bad thing tho? i wonder if people suggest eating "whole" foods over whey just becuase it keeps you fuller longer than whey does...hmm. also, beleive it or not, im doing better at keeping the artificial sweets lower. could be better tho. well, thats why i keep a log, keeps me honest! :)

did legs yesterday:
step backs on the smith machine, followed immediately by 10 squats: 4x10
leg extension machine, 7 sets of 10 reps + 10 pulses (puke)
straight leg deads: 3x10
calf raises: 3x10-12
hammy machine: 3 sets of 10 reps + 10 pulses.

i felt really tired, but it ended up being a good lift. i got it done in about 45 minutes.

i probably should be updating this log at night, so i can enter everything that happened during that day (food/exercise, etc) instead of the next morning talking about what i did yesterday. probably would be easier to follow. buuuuut...its easiest for me to do it when i get to work in the morning.

so heres one: libido. i lost mine. i think due to being relatively lean, plus low carb diets can be hard on the ol sex drive, PLUS, im so tired at night! this is a problem, as i am a married-ass woman and as we know, lovin is an important part of marriage! or at least scott and i think so. poor guy :( so if anyone has encountered this...any maybe you know of some sort of, i dont know, herbal supplement or something that helps (or hell, not herbal) let me know!

speaking of doin it (haha) scott and i are going to the beach this weekend. trying to decide when to do a depletion workout: i work till 5 on friday, so if we did it after, that would put us at the beach around 730 or 8, which blows if you paid 150 for a nice hotel room. we could do it at lunch on friday, but i know its best to begin your carb up relatively soon after the depletion workout, so that would begin the carb up around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, meaning id have to stop around that same time saturday (sucks to stop mid day). i guess a 36 hour carb up wouldnt kill me, but id rather not. i toyed with the notion of doing the depletion workout saturday morning at the hotels fitness center, but who wants to do that when theyre on a mini-break? (well, me probably. haha) so well see.

my first 2 weeks of clen are almost up...not sure if ill continue it. im thinking about saving it for when im REALLY cutting and trying to get shredded someday...right now, i think im sorta trying to just get to 130, maybe even 128, and stay there...might save the clen for when i start to really lower my calories.

day 15: 137 lbs. what the fuck dude. im gonna set my scale on fire. then i get to the gym, and weigh on that one, and it says 135.5. im frustrated and miserable this morning. my upper body and lower body look great, and my midsection looks like shit. to me anyway.

arms yesterday: 5 sets of the following:
lateral raises
dumbell militaries
tricep pulldowns
kick backs
21's
reverse curls.

calories yesterday were 2057, 19 carbs.

so i weigh about 3 lbs more than i did last week before my carb up. theres no way i gained 3 lbs of muscle in a week, so that just leaves one other thing. im pissed off and discouraged. any thoughts would be appreciated.

day 15: 137 lbs. what the fuck dude. im gonna set my scale on fire. then i get to the gym, and weigh on that one, and it says 135.5. im frustrated and miserable this morning. my upper body and lower body look great, and my midsection looks like shit. to me anyway.

arms yesterday: 5 sets of the following:
lateral raises
dumbell militaries
tricep pulldowns
kick backs
21's
reverse curls.

calories yesterday were 2057, 19 carbs.

so i weigh about 3 lbs more than i did last week before my carb up. theres no way i gained 3 lbs of muscle in a week, so that just leaves one other thing. im pissed off and discouraged. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ummm, don't weigh yourself everyday? You will go crazy from it. Guaranteed.
Also, scales can really vary. Mechanical scales are more inaccurate than digital, but even digital ones vary.
Hang in there, you're doing such a great job!!!!!!Tomorrow is another day :)

Ummm, don't weigh yourself everyday? You will go crazy from it. Guaranteed.
Also, scales can really vary. Mechanical scales are more inaccurate than digital, but even digital ones vary.
Hang in there, you're doing such a great job!!!!!!Tomorrow is another day :)

i am totally crazy from it! and i always advise my friends/family that are trying to lose weight, dont weigh every day! and here i am, a SLAVE to the scale.

a thought: as we all know, i did a cycle of epistane/dermacrine that ended a few weeks ago...does the body continue to be in a state of growth after the cycle is over?

trex, thanks for your kind words :)

day 13: 139 lbs. :( wtf? i can only imagine that this is due to 4 days worth of food (including my carb up, which was ALOT of food) still in my gut, as theres been no "movement" since friday. so. magenesium citrate ahoy.

good news: my lats are sore, and i was in ketosis this morning already! did an hour of gnarly cardio this morning...about to enjoy a protein biscuit and a cup of coffee. :)

did really well on my calories yesterday! thats why i was sad when i saw 139 this morning :(

Mattie you didn't have a movement for 4 days? Do you count your insoluble fiber intake, and if so how much are you getting daily? Also, how much water? The insoluble kind is the sort you need to help your gut move bulk through. Four days is at least twice as long as it should be taking to move meals through you.

Wow! mag citrate is pretty harsh to get things moving. I guess you wanted to "guarantee" yourself some movement. I've been following your log. I beg you have lost more fat than you think you have. Also when someone is already at a low percentage of fat like yourself the losses will be slower. I would say to not trust the scale right now.

Mattie you didn't have a movement for 4 days? Do you count your insoluble fiber intake, and if so how much are you getting daily? Also, how much water? The insoluble kind is the sort you need to help your gut move bulk through. Four days is at least twice as long as it should be taking to move meals through you.

ya, this has been an ongoing problem for 3 years or so now, no matter what type of diet i do. its weird: before i "turned over a new leaf" in june of 07 and started really focusing on being healthy, changing my eating habits, exercising, and so on, i drank A LOT and ate horribly...and pooped all the time. as soon as i started taking better care of myself, it stopped. ive been to several doctors, tried literally everything, and even had a colonoscopy...the consensus is always that i have "chronic constipation." lame.

fiber tends to just turn to cement in my gut if i get too much of it. sigh...it sucks. i think thats why i weigh soooo much more after a carb up, because all that food didnt uh, go anywhere. gross. but i deal with it, i guess.

Wow! mag citrate is pretty harsh to get things moving. I guess you wanted to "guarantee" yourself some movement. I've been following your log. I beg you have lost more fat than you think you have. Also when someone is already at a low percentage of fat like yourself the losses will be slower. I would say to not trust the scale right now.

thanks man! ya, i havent weighed in a few days. im liking that. i may not for a couple weeks.

day 19: seven billion lbs. seriously, i dont know. im constipated and bloated, i did a 48 hr carb up as an experiment. not a fan. on friday tho, scott and i had a great depletion workout...ugh.

to be really honest, im not doing this whole thing as strictly as i set out to. i know, i know. how do i know if its really working if im not doing it right? i havent "cheated" per se, just things like...maybe i ate too many calories one day, or maybe i had some wine. nothing too major, but it bugs me. slightly dissappointed in myself. im my own worst critic, and somewhat of a perfectionist. and ocd a little. so when i dont do things exactly right, i get pissed off at myself. why dont i just do it perfectly all the time then, you ask? well, because its dieting and its hard sometimes.

i keep on keepin on tho, as i said, i dont feel ive totally fucked things up so far, just havent done this as tightly as i would have liked.

so midway thru my carb up, saturday morning, having eaten A LOT of carbs friday afternoon, i looked pretty darn good. tight and full. this pleased me. we went to the beach over the weekend, and i brought 3 pairs of size 2 pants...all 3 fit me all weekend, altho i was bloated. see, i rarely wear jeans or regular pants on a daily basis, i usually wear workout clothes because im always headed to the gym at some point, why change clothes a bunch of times per day? so the jeans/khakis/ect are a good test on the weekends. plus, it feels good to get dressed and feel pretty. during the week im perpetually sweaty and spandex-clad.

over all, things are ok. definately wont be doing a 48 hour carb up again, even if i did work hard enough to earn or need one. its just too much. going to cut the calories waaay down this week, and see what happens.

my 2 weeks of clen was up on friday, so im taking 2 weeks off of it.

gonna stick to alot of liquids today...i feel like ass from 2 days of carbs. i dont feel like eating, thats for sure!

Top Bottom