Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

low carbs, hard training=no bf%decrease

suggestions for carbs

brown rice
oats
potatoes (sweet or red)
lentils (some proteins in them too)
other veggies (lots of 'em)

also, in my grocery store you can buy just about any product that would normally have wheat as "wheat free"... if you can't find it in a standard grocery store, try a health food store... (that is if you really want bread/pasta ect)

fruits are okay, but i wouldn't make them the mainstay of your carbs...

The main problem I see with your macronutrient ratios is that your fat and protein should be switched. You are probobly more catabolic with that high protein ratio and no carbs than you are anabolic. It looks like a very bad keto diet set-up. I know you are not trying to do a keto diet, but this is close to what you are doing, and it isn't gonna work unless you change it (at least there are better options). Either do a keto (preferably a CKD) diet with a 70-80% fat to 20-30% protein ratio, or do a hypocaloric diet that includes carbs (preferrably cycled like Wilson mentioned). Par deus mentioned that Lyle McDonald was having some success with a cyclic isocaloric diet (you may want to see if he has anything to offer but I think he said he doesn't really know much at this time because it is still a fairly new concept). At 20-25 carb calories per day, your body is trying to establish a preferable source of energy. You are probably in and out of ketosis since my speculation would be that a high percent of the protein you are ingesting is being broken down into glucose.

Actually, my first round of advice would be to try and eat more calories and add some more weight (hopefully more muscle than fat of course) because at your stature, you have plenty of room to gain weight and not look fat. I would take the advice of the others and not worry about dieting right now.

MR. BMJ

Ah hell, I just reread your last response, and you mentioned that you WERE gonna stop dieting and start trying to add more muscle. Sorry REZ, my bad! If this is the case, then listen to a lot of the ladies here, they are good gals. Don't forget that you will gain SOME fat, so don't get discouraged good looking!

I usually go with an isocaloric/ zone type diet when bulking, at least that's what's worked best for me. I am not a big fan of eating less than 20% fat when bulking. That's about all I can really add right now. I know the 40-40-20 ratio works a lot for some. Once you have the ratio you feel most confident with, the rest is just a matter of finding foods to eat, and that's it. I probably wasn't of much help, sorry. I'll try to add more opinions as people give theirs. GOOD LUCK!

BTW, YOU HAVE FOUND THE BEST WOMEN'S BOARD ON THE NET...BAR NONE!!!

BMJ

ok spatt...so now we've got that sorted...what do you guys think of a carb/cal rotating diet? ie one week high cals high carbs, next week lower cals and carbs? sticking to a 40-30-30 diet?! i dunno nemore...the more i learn about different methods, the more confused i get.
Im thinking about doing a diet where on days I do 2 w/os have high cals and increase carbs.
On days where Im only doing cardio (for instance) lower cals and carbs...
is this reasonable? So my days would cycle, rather than my weeks?

I really appreciate every1s addy and patience!!;)

i found this on the diet on the elite dietboard...

Day 1 - moderate carbs 1.5g/lb bw
moderate protein 1g/lb bw
low fat 1/4g/lb bw

Day 2 - low carbs .5g/lb bw
high protein 1.5g/lb bw
low fat 1/4g/lb bw

Day 3 - identical to Day 2

Day 4 - high carbs 2g/lb bw
moderate protein 1g/lb bw
low fat 1/4g/lb bw

what are you opinions?

Cycling carbs has worked well for me and it's just something I started doing during the last month of my cut. The last three weeks of my cut, I lost 3 lbs of fat and gained 2.2 lbs of muscle. I took a two week break from my cut and now I'm back on it, and I'm cycling my carbs again. I go 4 days at 60 grams of carbs a day, then I go up to 150 grams, then 240 grams, back down to 180 grams, then back to 60 grams. This is my new plan anyway, I was doing something very similar before I took my two week break. Just another idea, it has worked for me. My goal is to get down to 12% body fat. I went from 22% body fat back on August 9th and am now down to 16.6%. And it's all been done mostly by diet, I lifted and did cardio way before I ever got my diet in order. I use to do a lot of cardio before I started a proper diet but was never able to get noticably leaner until the diet was in order and now I don't do a lot of cardio and am still able to lose fat. I do 30 min twice a week and once a week I have speed skating practice. So just another person to tell you that weight training and diet is where it's at, cardio is overrated, IMO. And the diet is something you have to work out for yourself, there are a ton of plans and ideas out there, you have to find what works for you then keep tweaking it so your body doesn't get too accustomed to it. Learn all the general knowledge you can about nutrition and how it relates to bodybuilding then once you are armed with all the info, you can write your own diets and see what works for you. That's what I did, good luck! :)

Top Bottom