Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How's this diet. SPorts Supplement Review.

littleflex

Hey guys let me know what you think. I read the Sports Supplement Review(4th issue) and found this diet. They expect you to messure your body fat% and wieght and with some calculations estimate how many grams of carbs, protein, and fats you should take in per amount of FAT FREE body wieght. Well anyway i'm 183 lbs right now and I have gained some wieght since I was in Costa Rica for 5 weeks with nothing to eat but carbs. But anyways with the formulas that are given in this book say that im 144lbs fat free and that i should only take in !90 grams of protein and Carbs a day with 40 grams of fat a day, divided into 6 meals. Does this sound enough for me if im doing wieghts 4 to 5 days a week right now and 5 days a week of cardio 45 mins avg. each day?? anyway let me know what you Gooru's think please. I'd appreciate it.

THANX guys for giving me some advice! I guess i''l just HAVE to email thaonecrumbcake he could give me some good advice, he always does.

littleflex said:
Hey guys let me know what you think. I read the Sports Supplement Review(4th issue) and found this diet. They expect you to messure your body fat% and wieght and with some calculations estimate how many grams of carbs, protein, and fats you should take in per amount of FAT FREE body wieght. Well anyway i'm 183 lbs right now and I have gained some wieght since I was in Costa Rica for 5 weeks with nothing to eat but carbs. But anyways with the formulas that are given in this book say that im 144lbs fat free and that i should only take in !90 grams of protein and Carbs a day with 40 grams of fat a day, divided into 6 meals. Does this sound enough for me if im doing wieghts 4 to 5 days a week right now and 5 days a week of cardio 45 mins avg. each day?? anyway let me know what you Gooru's think please. I'd appreciate it.

Is that supposed to be 190 grams of protein and carbs? If so, you would only be taking in 1880 cals a day. That seems pretty low, unless you just have a sh!tty @ss metabolism.. I say up the protein to around 220-240, up the fat 50-60 grams. You can leave the carbs, but make sure they are coming from clean sources and not to take them too late at night. You want to get your fat intake around 50-60 to keep your hormones in check, anything less can result in decreased test levels. Seems like you're doing too much cardio. Cardio isn't necessary to lose fat. Doing that much cardio, you're burning off too much muscle. Keep weight training around 4 times a wee, and cardio 2-3 times a week. Also do 20 minutes HIIT cardio, you preserve more muscle this way. If you need any help with your food sources let me know and I'll help you out some more.

Nutrition Almanac

6pac man Thanx alot seriously. I really appreciate the advice.

Yea it is hard to calculate how much I eat and everything, But so far i've been taking in around 210 protein grams, 200 carbs, and 42 grams of fat. I find it really hard to get the exact messurements on each meal, and to pick the right foods to contribute to the carb ratio. So far two carb meals are from fruits and two others from whole grain bread or oat meal. However the other two manily consist of carbs from milk and my protien shake. O by the way I am taking omega pills twice a day, and eat a half serving of peanuts like 3 times a day to get my fat intake. I know thats not much but it should help.

Anyway would you let me know what a good book is to find information about nutrition in foods, that way I can make up meals for each day easier and know how many grams of nutrients it has in it. That way i wont have to go to the grocery store with a notepad:D writting down shit lol. owell thanx alot.
O yea I saw an article in a muscle mag talking about the Nutrition Almanac by Gayla J. Kirschmann, is it any good??

Re: Nutrition Almanac

littleflex said:
6pac man Thanx alot seriously. I really appreciate the advice.

Yea it is hard to calculate how much I eat and everything, But so far i've been taking in around 210 protein grams, 200 carbs, and 42 grams of fat. I find it really hard to get the exact messurements on each meal, and to pick the right foods to contribute to the carb ratio. So far two carb meals are from fruits and two others from whole grain bread or oat meal. However the other two manily consist of carbs from milk and my protien shake. O by the way I am taking omega pills twice a day, and eat a half serving of peanuts like 3 times a day to get my fat intake. I know thats not much but it should help.

**I'd recommend dropping the pills and taking flax in liquid form, it takes too many pills to get the right amount of EFAs you need in one day. Fruit is cool, glad to see somebody not scared to eat fruit and drink milk while cutting. One thing I would do is drop the wheat bread and go with brown rice though. Also something that you can do to help fat intake is mix olive oil in either tuna or with a salad. But a for sure is to buy the flax in a bottle so you can take atleast 1-2 Tbsp a day of it.**

Anyway would you let me know what a good book is to find information about nutrition in foods, that way I can make up meals for each day easier and know how many grams of nutrients it has in it. That way i wont have to go to the grocery store with a notepad:D writting down shit lol. owell thanx alot.
O yea I saw an article in a muscle mag talking about the Nutrition Almanac by Gayla J. Kirschmann, is it any good??

**Books.. I'm not very high on books regarding diets or food information. Before I get flamed for saying this, let me explain. Some books out there are actually good and do have good information, but 80% books I read are garbage.. The author is trying to tell you about this new revolutionary diet to help boost your xyz hormone or whatever, by going on an unbalanced diet. These type of diets will work for a little while shedding fat and build muscle, but after a while either it stops working or you just crash on them b/c they are so unbalanced. Then you end up putting all that fat back on plus more. I just stick to what is proven to work. High protein, medium carbs, and medium fat to cut. 40/30/30 or a 50/30/20. And before anybody starts flaming me about how wrong I am about my diet theory and how much success you have had on *whatever your diet is*, I'm not here to start a fight, so no point in responding. Just those type of diets are unbalanced and set you up to fail in the end. But here is a link that will give you all the info you need for food though.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

Oh, sorry about the small rant and going off topic in your thread, nothing towards you, just had to release some built up anger I have about some of these stupid diets these books suggest. Let me know If I can help you out anymore.**

I just read your first post.

The 4th edition doesn't say that.

It says eat 1.5 grams of protein per lb of lean mass.

So if you have 155lbs of lean mass, that would be 225 grams of protein roughly, not 90.

Are you trying to do a "foundation" type diet?

If so, try to get 275 or so grams of protein in.

Crumbake! there he is. Hows it going?

Yea I am doing the foundation diet. Ok my fat free wieght says that im like 145lbs. and that im supposed to multiply that by 1.35 grams to estimate how many grams of protein, carbs and fats im supposed to have. Well anyway that equals out to 190 grams of protein, and 190 grams of carbs each day divided into 6 meals, which equals 32 grams for each meal. THan to get the fat esimate you multiply 30% by your fat free weight, which mine is 145lbs roughly. And that equals 42 grams divided into 6 meals which ends up into 7 grams per meal. Anyway I have been on this diet now for 5 days and so far I feel pretty good. Although I have tried taking in alittle more protein than stated ( little over 200 grams per day) because I feel that 190 grams might not be enough. The calculations on my body fat percent might be alittle extreme. I have this fat pincher and it said i had 14 % bf with its formulas with the stomache, chest and thigh calculations. However the spors Supplement Review, says that i need to take four measurements and multiply them by a few numbers into an equation to get the bf % and i got 23% big difference from 14.

Anyway Guys I'm just trying to figure all this shit out, I am new at this type of stuff and I have been trying to get advice from you guys and also I have been reading alot of stuff such as Body for Life, Sports Supplement Review, Arnolds Encyclopedia, and also I am taking Nutrition in college. Well I just wanted to let you guys know that I may be asking dumb questions and stuff but I am doing my homework on the side in reading trying to learn as much as possible. Not that I want to be a Nutrition major, but just out of pure self development and knowledge. Well anyway thanx again guys.
peace.
l "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can doit, as long as you really believe 100 percent." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Remeber... when you are not practicing, someone somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet hime he will win." ~ Bill Bradley

Hell yeah bro, I got major respect for you. You seem to have the drive and discipline. Fantastic.

Nutrition class is a waste, take a Philosophy class instead.

So If your goal is to basically "get in better shape", then the foundation diet is pretty good, Although I would recommend excluding carbs in your vary last meal.....

1. Bowl Oatmeal/ Protein Powder (eas simply whey)
2. Chicken breast pita pocket Sandwhich
3. Tuna, Low fat mayo, A few crackers.
4. MRP (any well known brand, MetRx,Eas,etc etc)
5. Extra lean steak, cup of Brown Rice, veggies.
6. Protein Powder/ tablespoon Flax Oil or fish oil caps.

Sleep.
WAKE up.
Repeat.

Top Bottom