Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Complexing Question... (Yuri Verkhoshansk Question...)

advanced pull complex

Negative deadlift: the bar starts from blocks, do a 1/2 deadlift, take 2 steps back and lower it to the floor in 5 seconds. You only do singles.

Power clean from the floor: using 85-95% you do a single.

You take 30 seconds between both exercises in the complex and repeat it 3-6 times. 4mins between complexes
Very heavy CNS hit.

anyway - it's just as easy as doing a deadlift with a greater load than your power clean, then rest a few minutes and hit a set of powercleans for a triple.

Or you can use low cleanpulls and complex them with powercleans. sky is the limit. Basic principle is using a similar exercise with a heavy load to fire up the nueral system and then do a speed strength exercise afterwards to take advantage of this.
The reverse works as well, to speed up the heavier exercise. That is one reason why you will see me do a fullsquat jump before some sets of fullsquats :)

more

Christian Thibaudeau
02/27/03
09:05 AM

1. Neural Disinhibition, O-Lift Style. Basically it's a 1/6 idea applied to Olympic lifts, with a twist. First, it's a 1/3 rep alternation, 'cause I sure as hell don't wanna do 6 reps in these lifts! But the main twist is to use pulls in the higher rep brackets. So, 3 reps of heavy pulls, one max 'complete' lift (hangs, powers, fulls), then return to pulls the next set.

I use a similar method to peak one of my female athlete who competed in an olympic lifting contest next week. Last night for example she did:

- Power clean & jerk 50kg x 3
- Deadlift 80kg x 3
- Power clean & jerk 60kg x 1
- Deadlift 90kg x 2
- Power clean & jerk 62.5kg x 1
- Deadlift 100kg x 1
- Power clean & jerk 65kg
- Deadlift 90kg x 3
- Power clean & jerk 65kg x 1
- Deadlift 100kg x 2
- Power clean & jerk 67.5kg x 1
- Deadlift 110kg x 1
- Power clean and jerk 70kg x 1

That's all she did for her workout. I used a similar approach with the snatch but in another workout.

That's a peaking routine, not every week training. This method will lead to improved confidence, which is especially important considering that my athlete is actually a 16yo figure skater, who has little experience in olympic lifting.

This type of routine would lead to an enhanced rate of gains but only for 3 weeks or so before the gains taper off.

Jeez CCJ- a 16 yr old figure skating girl that can dead 240 and c&j over 150? I don't know if you need to do anything to improve her confidence.... that is pretty awesome... what do you guys put in the water down there?

Sorry that was Christian Thibaudeau talking not me :)
he trains quite few figure skaters.. must be hard to stay professional :D

The thing is they are all dainty and slim girls. And yet they heave some heavy weights around...

Last edited:
Top Bottom