Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio- post lift?

Mrs_Thaibox

I often do 30-45 mins of cardio right after lifting.
So far I have managed to slam protein inbetween

i was wondering if anyone else does this?
is this totally stupid?
Should lifting and cardio be more separated, or cardio b4 lifting?? :rolleyes:

thanks!

If you're going to do cardio, do it post-lifting or on a day when you don't lift at all.

I can't speak for you, but I'm always exhausted after cardio - I just want to stretch and fold my limp body into a cushy chair. There's no way I could lift afterwards.

And because weightlifting increases your metabolism and shapes the body more than cardiovascular work, I would think it would take precedence. :)

thanks guys :)
for the most part i do my cardio in the morning but there are times when i don't get there so then have to do it later at the gym.
i also try to schedule it so that it (cardio) is on a non lift day...
I'm working on it! :rolleyes:
... no cardio b4 lifts... got it!!!

oh, thanks for the web site...
great info! :D

Mrs_Thaibox said:
I often do 30-45 mins of cardio right after lifting.
So far I have managed to slam protein inbetween

i was wondering if anyone else does this?
is this totally stupid?
Should lifting and cardio be more separated, or cardio b4 lifting?? :rolleyes:

thanks!

MThat will work for a while. Just make sure you change it every couple of weeks like 6 to 8 weeks because your body will get used to it.

cardio-weights.jpg

This recent study published in NSCA Journal pretty much tells us what we already know. Do your cardio after your lifting or on another day.

Regarding the protein drink. I wouldn't ingest anything except water after lifting if you follow it up with cardio. Protein and some carbs after that is fine. Protein drinks alone can raise insulin enough to shut down the fat burning process, it doesn't take much, and you're primed to burn fat following a heavy resistance training workout.

c0ffdaa15f2dcab548deefd314cdcf76.jpg

Top Bottom