Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can't get my legs to grow!

Tom T

I need advice on getting my legs bigger. I have been working them hard for a year and they are still little sticks. I am making good gains in my upper body but my legs are so weak I get tierd if I stand for to long. Somtimes I wonder if their is somthing wrong with me. I lift legs once a week, Squats, leg curls, leg extentions and then I hit calfs. I just cant get them to grow! I never wear shorts. My legs look Scrawny even for girl legs. Please help if you can.

i split legs up into two days: quads and calves and i do hams with back. i change my quad routine up every week, as with calves and hams. try doing squats: 2 warm-up sets then 4 heavy sets. next do hack squats or leg press: 4 sets of heavy weight. then leg extensions or front squats: 4sets 15 reps. after your quad workout, you should be in lots of pain. take your time and work hard on every set.

I totally agree with kid....I split my legs up...I don't it the same way as he does....but I split them up. I warm up with a couple sets of either dealift or squats....I actually end up a little heaveir then I should for a warm up set.....then I go to either leg ext. or leg curls.....depending on what I'm going to work that day.....for calves I just do about 5 sets of sitting and 5 sets of standing calve raises. Good luck!!!

This is my routine. Legs are my specialty. Genetics, however, plays the biggest role in the developement of specific muscle groups.

Squats- 4 sets 4-6reps(HEAVY and DEEP)

Leg Press- 4 sets 6-8reps(kness to the chest, no 1/8th of a rep shit most people do...move the weight more than 2 inches)

Leg Extention- 4 sets 8reps(squeeze the hell out of the bastards, full contraction)

Stiff legged deads- 5 sets 6-8reps(this one is all in the form, feel it in the hammy's)

Lying leg curl- 5 sets 6-8reps(full range of motion is a must)

My theme is HEAVY, but you MUST NOT sacrifice form for ego. Use what's heavy for you, not the guy next to you. Form is essential. Quads are big muscles and it takes a full range of movement to stimulate them.

Yes, low heavy reps. Another trick to add size to your legs is some of the girly michines like the ones for your inner and outer legs.

one thing about squats. people think you should go deep--no. you go parallel hams to the ground. i am a therapist and i will tell you that if you go deep and continue this for years, when you are older you will be in some deep shit. also, where knee wraps when you go heavy for added support.

try startin legs of w leg press at for a couple sets and for those couple sets do 75 reps each time real fast..... as for the other exercises mix heavy and high b.c since the legs are the furthest away from the heart it takes more time to get the blood flowing to em...just keep working they will come...same prob w me but more i work the more i see em coming...

Top Bottom