Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calling Out: Heavy Lifters who Sprint

Longhorn85

How do you work in your sprints in conjunction with leg day? When I have a great session of squats, stiff-leg deads, donkey calves and such, I hate to compromise recovery so I usually don't run the next day.

Problem is it cuts down on the days I would like to sprint because I work legs twice a week.

Question: When I sprint I usually run a moderate pace for 20 min and then do a series of 5-8 100 meter sprints full speed, with 2 min rest in between. Would doing this 24 hours after a leg workout be counterproductive?

A lot of my answer would depend on your personal goals. But most likely I don't think it would be counterproductive. I think a lot of training literature warning of overtraining and advising people not to touch a bodypart until a week after it has been trained creates almost a fear of training.

I, personally, think track work would aid in recovery and allow you to train more frequently, which would help you. Kind of like a light day gets rid of some soreness. See how it feels for you personally. In a perfect world you would be able to work your whole body every day and be 100% recovered at every session. I think you'll get the best results training as often as possible while being as fresh as possible.

I sprint after days I work legs. Doing them on day I don't would not be suitable for growth and strength gains IMO, I don't do warmup runs I'll sprint 8-10 time picking up the pace each time, roughly starting at 50%

dood said:
Why do you sprint? To get faster or lose weight?

Sprints are a fantastic way to boost your metabolism into high gear without catabolising muscle mass.

Top Bottom