Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are there some ladies who just genetically never be cut out to compete...

First off, I didn't read the whole thread, but after reading the first post, I had to toss in my two cents.

To begin, I am a Green Beret in US Army special forces. When I first started my training for this career, I was a natural bodybuilder who didn't care about my ability to run 20 miles at a nice clip. I just wanted to look great, and carry a good deal of lean muscle.

Once I started my training, I had a rude awakening. Most of the other trainees weighed in at about 150, and could run a 12 minute two mile. I weighed 230, and was far from running at that speed. But after months and months of work, and a major change in training priorities, my body (which is predisposed for a larger, stronger body type) was able to trim down and catch up with the rest of the herd.

In the end, I learned that certain people really are naturally predisposed to certain physical types. But at the same time, I also learned that if you work hard enough, educate yourself enough, and keep at it, anyone can compete at any level.

It may not be as easy for you as other people, but you can do it. You can be competitive if you work harder and smarter.

BIKINIMOM said:
The fact remains that in order to WIN a competitor must have:

1. the drive

2. the science

AND

3. the genetics

That was not question posed. The question was would genetics limit the ability to get cut enough to compete.

The answer is NO.
Sorry but yes this is not fantasy land genetics can limit you I have seen it limit pro's and amatures a like. I have seen many people almost kill themselves fighting gentics that being said Heather will never know unless she actually makes the attempt at contest diet or prep it might even take several attempts as I agree with you regarding the science behind it. I never got to as lean as I did until my last prep and that was the diet change almost nothing in my supplements changed infact I used less then I ever had.

Heather if you really want to do this my suggestion is start cleaning up your diet if your not at 5 small meals a day get there as that reves your metabolism. As stated nothing white is a good jumping off point. Also make sure your protein intake is high miniun 1 gram per lbm even can easily go to 1.5-2. I am a very big fan of the Palumbo school of dieting which is very low carb. From what I have seen recently women can compete in figure and be drug free and do very well. It is kinda like a bikini contest but with abs and a little delts.

Here are some all natural supplements that will make a diffrence. I recently only found out about this as I didn't see how it was possible to be insulin resitant with such a low carb intake but it is. Anyways prior to every meal take 200 mcg Chromium Polynicotinate NOT picolonate
10 mgs Vanadyl Sulfate. If you have a "cheat meal" 400 mcg Chromium Polynicotinate 20 mgs Vanadyl Sulfate. Upon waking before morning cardio take 5 gram of glutamine. When ever you get a hunger twing and it is not meal time have glutamine caps and cinammon extract caps on hand take one of each with 2 cups of water. Also Omega 3 are big if you are not already taking them starr along with evening primerose oil. I am not sure if your still breast feading but all of this shouldn't cause an issue if you are still breast feeding. If you have stopped breast feading I am in in love the ALR Tri Lean System amazing fat burning stack.

For training many wiil be shocked but what help my delts more then anything was DB side laterals high rep high volume. along with front raises will bring in great caps. I would need to see some pics to give you more training advice.

There are so many federations and different types of non-federation for 'fun' comps.

I think anyone can compete, but not everyone has the genetics to turn pro or compete at Olympia.

I sort of see it like saying, 'I am never going to run as I won't win the London marathon'.

Some people just love the entire experience, and if you try it and find you like it, then I say go for it.

It is great having that goal, that date set that motivates people to keep going to the gym or sticking to a healthy diet.

I know some lads that have been competing for over 10 years, some have won some major titles, some barely win at all, they do it for the love of the sport.

BIKINIMOM said:
Did ya'll ever see the figure competitor with no arms?

She lost them in a tragic accident when she was two. She was grown mother of two and had an AMAZING BODY.

So the answer is - if you want something badly enough you just keep at it till you get where you want to go.
I know a competitive male BB in the chicago area who had one of his legs entirely amputated from the hip down. He still competes and his physique is amazing.

superqt4u2nv said:
Sorry but yes this is not fantasy land genetics can limit you I have seen it limit pro's and amatures a like. I have seen many people almost kill themselves fighting gentics that being said Heather will never know unless she actually makes the attempt at contest diet or prep it might even take several attempts as I agree with you regarding the science behind it. I never got to as lean as I did until my last prep and that was the diet change almost nothing in my supplements changed infact I used less then I ever had.

Heather if you really want to do this my suggestion is start cleaning up your diet if your not at 5 small meals a day get there as that reves your metabolism. As stated nothing white is a good jumping off point. Also make sure your protein intake is high miniun 1 gram per lbm even can easily go to 1.5-2. I am a very big fan of the Palumbo school of dieting which is very low carb. From what I have seen recently women can compete in figure and be drug free and do very well. It is kinda like a bikini contest but with abs and a little delts.

Here are some all natural supplements that will make a diffrence. I recently only found out about this as I didn't see how it was possible to be insulin resitant with such a low carb intake but it is. Anyways prior to every meal take 200 mcg Chromium Polynicotinate NOT picolonate
10 mgs Vanadyl Sulfate. If you have a "cheat meal" 400 mcg Chromium Polynicotinate 20 mgs Vanadyl Sulfate. Upon waking before morning cardio take 5 gram of glutamine. When ever you get a hunger twing and it is not meal time have glutamine caps and cinammon extract caps on hand take one of each with 2 cups of water. Also Omega 3 are big if you are not already taking them starr along with evening primerose oil. I am not sure if your still breast feading but all of this shouldn't cause an issue if you are still breast feeding. If you have stopped breast feading I am in in love the ALR Tri Lean System amazing fat burning stack.

For training many wiil be shocked but what help my delts more then anything was DB side laterals high rep high volume. along with front raises will bring in great caps. I would need to see some pics to give you more training advice.
Thanks, SuperQT. I'm currently eating 6 meals per day, about 1500 calories overall. I'm currently carb cycling, but will be going lower carb I think in about a week. I'm taking no supplements at all, and most of the things you listed, I hadn't heard of, but I will look for them (at GNC maybe?) I'm still nursing, so I'll hold off on any fat burners for now.

I use my lunch hour to lift and then do cardio 30 minutes-45 minutes after work when the gym has daycare available. I need to invest in a treadmill at home to make it more convenient to do cardio b/c my gym only has daycare from 5-7 p.m.

I'm finding that my entire body is losing fat, but my entire upper body is tiny and flat. Maybe I'm expecting too much to be able to both lose that much fat and gain muscle at the same time? I started at 150lbs. 34% bf on 4/7, and I am down to 135 (haven't been able to get dunked again yet) as of today. I've lost several inches everywhere, but my big problem is fat on my butt, hamstrings, and outer thighs. I do squats, stiff legged deadlifts, leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls, walking lunges, step ups, seated calf raises and standing calf raises.

I'm rambling now, but you get the idea, I'm sure.

I'll start keeping a log here in the womens forum to be more specific.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the great replies.

I don't think I would ever take the time and money that it takes to compete in figure (it's EXPENSIVE, WOAH) I was just wondering if someone with my build could if they wanted to. I just want to train AS IF I were going to compete to get the body...;-) Your replies have been great inspiration.

heatherrae said:
Thanks, SuperQT. I'm currently eating 6 meals per day, about 1500 calories overall. I'm currently carb cycling, but will be going lower carb I think in about a week. I'm taking no supplements at all, and most of the things you listed, I hadn't heard of, but I will look for them (at GNC maybe?) Okay to take these while nursing?

I use my lunch hour to lift and then do cardio 30 minutes-45 minutes after work when the gym has daycare available. I need to invest in a treadmill at home to make it more convenient to do cardio b/c my gym only has daycare from 5-7 p.m.

I'm finding that my entire body is losing fat, but my entire upper body is tiny and flat. Maybe I'm expecting too much to be able to both lose that much fat and gain muscle at the same time? I started at 150lbs. 34% bf on 4/7, and I am down to 135 (haven't been able to get dunked again yet) as of today. I've lost several inches everywhere, but my big problem is fat on my butt, hamstrings, and outer thighs. I do squats, stiff legged deadlifts, leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls, walking lunges, step ups, seated calf raises and standing calf raises.

I'm rambling now, but you get the idea, I'm sure.

I'll start keeping a log here in the womens forum to be more specific.
nice job heather!

i think u can over come just about anything (unless there is some serious delibilating disease such as cerebral palsy) and turn your physique around though it may need some "extra" help.

anyways being heavy bottomed isnt a bad thing :)

GUARDIAN said:
i think u can over come just about anything (unless there is some serious delibilating disease such as cerebral palsy) and turn your physique around though it may need some "extra" help.

anyways being heavy bottomed isnt a bad thing :)
hahahaha...I find that from a man's perspective, lots of men really dig a big butt.

Top Bottom