Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abercrombie & Fitch 'Hierarchy of hotness' keeps ugly employees in stockroom

I thought this might be appropriate with all of the talk of attractive 17 year olds LOL.

Anyway, of course this stuff goes on in some environments but i've never seen it implemented in such an obvious and documented way.

Employees say Abercrombie & Fitch is judging workers based on looks | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas News on Yahoo! | The Dallas Morning News

Thoughts?

In most sales positions, looks are considered very important.
Get used to it: everyone likes pretty faces.
If you have good looks, the world belongs to you.

I thought this might be appropriate with all of the talk of attractive 17 year olds LOL.

Anyway, of course this stuff goes on in some environments but i've never seen it implemented in such an obvious and documented way.

Employees say Abercrombie & Fitch is judging workers based on looks | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas News on Yahoo! | The Dallas Morning News

Thoughts?

A&F is always on the hotseat for thier corporate policies. Did they finally resolve al their racism problems?

It's not against the law to hire based upon looks. Strip Clubs, Movie Studios, Hooters, etc. do it all the time. In fact I do it all day. Even by race too.

In fact it's legal to fire someone if they gain too much weight also. Also, if you're approaching 30 and still haven't left A&F, it's their job to kinda 'push' you out. No one wants to se middle aged people working at a&f.

r

if I had it my way, I would talk EF into only letting cute people on EF. All your fuglies would be banned

I worked with that company for two years. The whole thing kinda goes to your head at first because youn think you're better than other people based on looks. Eventually I had enough of their bullshit and I left. The managers are trained to put the the best looking people at the front of the store and the asscoiates get uglier as you get to the back of the store all the way to the stockroom. The "impacters" are what they call the stock people, and they sometimes just aren't brand good looking but can still be some hot ass chicks working back there. Their style might be weird or they have a curvier figure as opposed to skinny for instance. I could write a book about this place...
I've met the chairman, VP, you name it. The name of the frgrance they spray the store with is called "fierce" and is sold for men. Many of the girls actually wear it though because they love it. The minmum age to work there is 18, 17 for kid store and hollister. Ruehl is also 18, but that brand is not pulling its weight. They also have an intimates store named Gilly Hicks as well which is doing big business.

He nailed it. I worked there in college my freshman year. I was a greeter at Water Tower in Chicago. When I started I got sick pretty quick of standing around all day at the entrance of the store and asked them why I kept getting stuck up there. Their response,"because you're hot". I won't lie, at the time that was a pretty nice ego boost but the place gets old pretty quick. It's a ridiculous place. I don't know if they still do it but for a while they had shirtless greeting...

Alot of other unwritten rules as well. There is a hierarchy for race as well. They rank race
as 1)whites
2)blacks
3)hispanic
4)asian/other
in terms of looks. Ever see a asian on their posters?

I worked with that company for two years. The whole thing kinda goes to your head at first because youn think you're better than other people based on looks. Eventually I had enough of their bullshit and I left. The managers are trained to put the the best looking people at the front of the store and the asscoiates get uglier as you get to the back of the store all the way to the stockroom. The "impacters" are what they call the stock people, and they sometimes just aren't brand good looking but can still be some hot ass chicks working back there. Their style might be weird or they have a curvier figure as opposed to skinny for instance. I could write a book about this place...
I've met the chairman, VP, you name it. The name of the frgrance they spray the store with is called "fierce" and is sold for men. Many of the girls actually wear it though because they love it. The minmum age to work there is 18, 17 for kid store and hollister. Ruehl is also 18, but that brand is not pulling its weight. They also have an intimates store named Gilly Hicks as well which is doing big business.

tell us some good stories....

Top Bottom