Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My stats

CanadianCutie said:
My mother was pretty bad that way too..somehow though i decided she was just jealous.. wish ym sister ended up the same way.. she has bulimia/anorexia :(
:( Damn that's terrible, I sowwy :rose:

You may have already answered this, but what has see been through as far as help?

Have any of you read "My Mother, Myself"????? It's a very good book -- old, but very enlightening...... I found it really helpful....

She hasnt :(
*Bunny* said:
:( Damn that's terrible, I sowwy :rose:

You may have already answered this, but what has see been through as far as help?

jenscats5 said:
Have any of you read "My Mother, Myself"????? It's a very good book -- old, but very enlightening...... I found it really helpful....

Nope, but I'm gonna pick it up - who's the author?

skittles said:
Nope, but I'm gonna pick it up - who's the author?

I can't remember the name off the top of my head now.... Naomi Wolf maybe??

^^ Thanks Vel!! I think Naomi Wolf might have written "The Beauty Myth" -- another excellent read....

I guess my question to you CC is what exactly is your goal at this point? What are you trying to achieve?

My general comments are that its an awesome pursuit to achieve something like a competition bodyfat w/ muscle, but when I pursued that, it lasted for all of about 2 days. After that you go back to "normal" life and your bodyfat goes up to something that is maintainable until you might choose to go after another comp, have a photo shoot or whatever. There are a handful of people who can naturally and healthfully maintain extremely low bodyfat levels (below 12%), however this generally not a healthy goal to go after and seek to maintain for extended periods of time.

And no it also isn't good to go extended periods of time w/o your period as a result of extremely low bodyfat. Again, there is that small percentage of women who have sporadic menstrual cycles and have not suffered from it, but there's plenty of documentation about the 'female athlete triad' (e.g. http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000601/3357.html) and the consequences of an interrupted menstrual cycle over long periods of time, calcium absorption & associated osteoporosis.

And I'm not saying anything about your goals or where you are now CC -- I'm just throwing in check on the bodyfat thing. Low bf is awesome, but there's a maintenance level that should be kept in mind for the longer term.

Top Bottom