Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Circuit question for overweight females

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
Hi ladies, so i have a couple circuit questions.

After reading more about personal training and training in general, i figured that women need to train heavy as well. So any overweight person needs to invlolve weight training into their fitness program, correct? Building muscle is a key factor in being able to burn more calories and to look better.

Women will NOT get bulky as long as they dont overload on calories or take steroids/supplements, correct?

So if i had a circuit for a woman like this

lunges w/ db curls 12-15 reps fatigue
*air squats 1 minute*
reverse lunges w/ db 12-15 reps fatigue
*jumprope 1 minute*
alternating db press 8-12 reps fatigue
*step ups 1 minute*
db deadlift 8-12 reps fatigue
*side to side jump 1 minute*
alternating db curl 8-12 reps fatigue
*jumpingjacks 1 minute*
tricep kickbacks 8-12 reps fatigue
*pushups failure*
*plank to failure

would this beconsidered a lifting day or a cardio day? I need to know if im gonna plan a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 day a week program for these people.

Also, on strict lifting days, with maybe cardio on treadmill after w/o, do they need to be split bodypart routines like a bodybuilder? Or since they are not going for mass its ok to work out every body part but go heavy, not too many sets.

how overweight are they? HIIT/circuit stuff is pretty intense. if they're just starting off, i think it would be a good idea to take things easier to motivate rather than discourage them from exercise.

you have been training waaay longer than me as i'm fairly new to training myself. if you push me to do what u do and i could not yet accomplish that task, it might burn me out, discourage, or frustrate me. what im saying is maybe their fitness level is not yet up to taking this type of training and they might benefit from lower intensity cardio, mod-heavy weights. just something to start them on the wonderful EASY journey of fitness. don't give them a reason to quit, but one to stick with it, then you can get to incorporating more and more.

i'm just thinking of the approach i would personally take training overweight people.

Thanks ebony!

I know what you are saying. i would never start them of with this, but most of my people so far are from a different trainer i work with and so theyve been at it for a while. I have a whole program designed for people just starting out it goes like this

week 1-2
2sets, 10 reps pretty light. 2 sets for each muscle group

week 3-4
same but add weight to 2nd set

week 5-6
same but add 3rd set, keep goin heavier but not to failure

week 7-8
switch lower body reps to 12-15 and upper body 8-12. go to fatigue but not complete failure

week 9-10
2days a week, heavy. should be able to do only 1 or 2 more reps after each set

Is this the same way you would train your male clients?

BTW - what happened to the trainer you "inherited" these clients from?

Ebony you are SO RIGHT about burn-out. Too many trainers (and individuals) make the mistake of going "balls to the wall" because for whatever reason they think that if they aren't killing themselves, then they aren't effective.

Slow and steady wins the race.

I dont even have male clients, but it depends on the person. I like slow and steady, for sure I will do that Im just asknig this because i am getting clients that have already been training for a year.

The personal trainer got moved to the sales position so im taking her night clients for now, and if she moves 100% sure to the sales position i get all her clients. She has around 250! Lol so much for the sales part of it right

Its just hard to train these people because they have already been training, i only get 30minutes with them. I guess ill have to call them and talk to them on my own time, i guess thats the sales part of it ill be doing

question
#1.. why do you want to make this life change
#2.. what did you have for breakfast.

I'm training a 52 yr old man who is 5'11" 372 lbs, I have him doing 30 minutes low intensity am empty stomach,
followed by protein shake with oats/fruit

resistance training 6 - 8 range with hr recovery at 125 3x week

post workout I have him doing interval training for 30 minutes

thus far in 1 month he can leg press 945 lbs for 8.... not bad at all, has lost 2.5 lbs per week 4" off his waist

the only real issue is he is seeing an nutritionist and they have him on 1200 cals a day... his body is in crazy starvation mode but i've gotten him to increase his fish oils to 6g per day..

bikinimom i come on this board for advice not to answer all your questions, if you wan these answered start your own thread.

ok i get that you train them the same, male or female,

Here on the woman forum its just like all the other training forums or aas forum. If you do not like the questions some one is asking just ignore them. As long as the person is being respectful to you then you will do the same. If they are not then you will notify a mod. Its that simple.

Talk to the people you want to and ignore the ones you do not. You do not even have to tell them you do not want to talk with them. If you ignore them they will get the hint sooner or later. Some take longer then others but it always works.

BM Just walk away from this one.

Top Bottom