Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weak point help.

bonacris

Banned
Currently happy with progress on all body part with the exception of triceps.. they are massively overshadowed by my rear delts. My current routine for triceps is as follows

Cgbp 5sets x 10reps or failure
Dips 5sets x 20, 20, 15, 10, 10reps
Straight bar push downs supersetted with straight bar underhand pull downs 4sets x 10reps
Overhead cable extensions 3sets x 10reps

I figured it was a reasonable tricep routine but now I'm second guessing myself and any advice would be hugely appreciated

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL using EliteFitness

Are you progressing in your bench/incline/overhead press?

If yes, are you eating in a calorie surplus to build muscle?

If yes to both,
Try weighted dips/more time under tension/various rep ranges/hitting them 2x a week (1 heavy & 1 pump) for at least 4-6 weeks.

OHP is slowly progressing, incline aswell but flat has stalled..

A usual day is around 3600 cals. I'll try hitting them twice a week for a few weeks and if not real change I'll mess around with reps..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

Hit them twice a week, but with alot less reps, like 1 exercise 4 sets/10-12. Because tris are working with any pushing motion they may just not be getting enough time to recover. If you do a push/pull/legs split, 5 days a week they will have more time to recover and grow.

Here is the problem I see. While your getting a good amount of volume on the tris your not adding in enough heavy work. Biceps respond really well to high volume, but tris seem to respond very well to heavy weights, with a little volume at the end. So I suggest adding some sets in the 3-5 rep range as heavy as possible. I even do singles on cg bench here and there. With dips if your doing 20 reps you need to add weight. Start with a 25 and work your way up. I also like heavy skull crushers. I don't go below 5 reps on these though. Also if you have a lagging body part you should be working it at least twice a week and maybe even 3xs. So I'd go heavy after chest and shoulders, and throw a pump workout in on another day just to get some blood in there.

Here is the problem I see. While your getting a good amount of volume on the tris your not adding in enough heavy work. Biceps respond really well to high volume, but tris seem to respond very well to heavy weights, with a little volume at the end. So I suggest adding some sets in the 3-5 rep range as heavy as possible. I even do singles on cg bench here and there. With dips if your doing 20 reps you need to add weight. Start with a 25 and work your way up. I also like heavy skull crushers. I don't go below 5 reps on these though. Also if you have a lagging body part you should be working it at least twice a week and maybe even 3xs. So I'd go heavy after chest and shoulders, and throw a pump workout in on another day just to get some blood in there.
I agree with everything here...
Dips are useless at high reps imo... Its supposed to be a power move... It would be pretty hard to overtrain yourself with your current tri routine...

Sounds good.. I'll stick to medium reps and heavy weight for cgbp and dips.. thanks a million guys can't wait for the next few months

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

Top Bottom