Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hamstrings, calves and abs

JKurz1

Banned
is slated for my training day today....this is what I typically do but wouldnt mind utilizing some power movements...thoughts on the best routine? Good Ams? Power cleans? ??

HAMS
seated curls 3 x 6 to 10
lying curls 3 x 8 to 12
stiff dead*heavy with barbell) 3 x 6 to 10
good ams
hypers/zercher/seated hyper
CALF
standing raises
4 x 6 to 10
seated raises 4 x 15 to 20
ABS
haning leg raises
cybex runch 3 x 15 to 20 each

The good thing about utilizing big lifts is they provide a lot of bang for your buck. If you do either GMs or SLDLs, there is no need to attack the hamstrings from all sorts of different angles with too many exercises.....I would pick standing GMs or SLDLs and do something like 5x5, or 4x8 or whatever, so long as you don't go above 8 reps or so on your sets....then maybe 3 sets of 12 lying leg curls......your calf work looks fine.......abs are fine too, although I prefer full range over crunches as it tends to be a little more functional in terms of carryover to lifts, but what you have laid out is perfectly fine.

BiggT said:
The good thing about utilizing big lifts is they provide a lot of bang for your buck. If you do either GMs or SLDLs, there is no need to attack the hamstrings from all sorts of different angles with too many exercises.....I would pick standing GMs or SLDLs and do something like 5x5, or 4x8 or whatever, so long as you don't go above 8 reps or so on your sets....then maybe 3 sets of 12 lying leg curls......your calf work looks fine.......abs are fine too, although I prefer full range over crunches as it tends to be a little more functional in terms of carryover to lifts, but what you have laid out is perfectly fine.
thanks boss....when I first looked at this, I was like, isnt that jsut a wasted trip to the gym? Then I did the routine last week...shit...deads and gms alone is tougher than 99% of most routines..you ever split legs? Then I'll smash quads sat...nice rest between

do GM's or deadlifts, doing both means you're not training either hard enough.

you really need to get away from the bodybuilding split mentality, your body is not a series of unconnected parts, everything works together. Go to the real elite fitness (elitefts.com) and spend some of your copious free time reading

Top Bottom