Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wrestling season training help

Sub-Zero

High End Bro
Platinum
even th ough i have some quite some time to keep working hard and training before the season, i was wondering what kind of split and training i should do during the season.

im going to only be able to workout once, max twice a week, and even though i know ill lose alot of strength and mass i was hoping for some help on what i can do to best maintain.

i know i need to focus on core big lifts like bench, squat, deads etc and no bullshits like curls or tri extensions etc, but what exact splits with reps and sets do you guys recommend.

help greatly appreciated

Wrestling season will kill you physically. I would do as little as possible and try to get in 2 days /week of resistance training. Heavy multijoint movements like you said. Try and stick to these...

Squats
Deadlifts
Bench Press
Pullups
Dips

If you can do all the above in one workout, then do them in that order, If you can`t, just split them up into two workouts. I would do 4-8 reps maybe staying around 5 reps with about 5 sets each including warmups. Because of wrestling practice, you may or may NOT be able to handle a resistance routine alltogether. Good luck.

Maybe someone can answer the question of reps and if they should be higher in this instance due to the other stresses you have and the body`s ability to recover and maintan the gains you`ve already made.

SublimeZM said:
even th ough i have some quite some time to keep working hard and training before the season, i was wondering what kind of split and training i should do during the season.

im going to only be able to workout once, max twice a week, and even though i know ill lose alot of strength and mass i was hoping for some help on what i can do to best maintain.

i know i need to focus on core big lifts like bench, squat, deads etc and no bullshits like curls or tri extensions etc, but what exact splits with reps and sets do you guys recommend.

help greatly appreciated

I'm terrible for putting together a routing as far as sets and reps for someone cause everyone is different.

I would work more on the pulling type exercises for wrestling. Like lat pull downs, rows, etc., also legs are a diffinate must do. Also run like a b*tch to get your stamina up.

I`d like to hear other`s opinions on this. Especially rep ranges and intensity levels that should be used.

Also, maybe maintaning muscle is/should be your only goal at this point because of all the wrestling practice will take out of you. If you can keep all/most of your muscle and lose the fat from the wrestling, you`ll be golden.

Top Bottom