Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do u guys do about Heartburn from ALA or Fish Oils?

waldo

I get really bad heartburns from ALA and Fish oils. Damn it gets worse middle of the night. I drink a gallon of water through out the day and take some mint pills which is good for digestion and heartburns but still its sucks. What do u guys do or take for heartburns?

Do you mean ALA - alpha linolenic acid or ALA - alpha lipoic acid (thiotic acid)?

Never had any heartburn problem with the omega-3s; however, thiotic acid has been known to cause heartburn in some if imbibed on an empty stomach.

Alpha Lipoic Acid(ALA) will cause some nasty heartburn if taken without food or at very high dosages. I've never heard of heartburn from fish oil, just nasty fish burps.

tum ta tum tum TUMS!
I actually used rolaids today as thats all that was around and they work just fine.

Maybe not a good idea bro . . .

TUMS is calcium carbonate (CaCO3), a weak base which neutralizes stomach acid (HCl).

If I'm not mistaken, the reaction creates a calcium chloride hydrate (CaCl*X H20) where X is the number of water molecules attached.

Whatever. None of that above really matters for anything much, but the point being that it is possible that the TUMS may NEUTRALIZE or REACT WITH your THIOCITIC ACID, rendering it ineffective. It's conjecture on my part . . . Par, Pat, Bill, anyone else want to comment?

hey fortes thats exactly what i posted somewhere else!
I just saw a commercial saying "Tums reacts by turning acid into water" and i was like oh shit, there goes my ala i just took!

Top Bottom