Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squatted, leg presses, and calf raised today barefooted

cwc73

I accidentally wore the wrong shoes to the gym. These had really high heels, and I have no balance in them while deep squatting. I decided to just do it all barefooted. I've seen some people do it before. I also thought that this may help strengthen the tendons and ligaments in my ankles as well. I did place a very rough drop mat under my feet to provide a NO slip surface....I wasnt going anywhere.

Verdicts:
Squats: felt great balance, but I did feel a little pull in my ankles while at the bottom of the hole. Nothing big though.

Leg press: Felt great

Leg press calf raises: Felt better than when I do them with shoes on.

All in all, give it a try; you might like it.

it feels good to change it up once in awhile, let the feet breathe, feels nice and natural when for months/years u been doin workouts with shoes then u take em off.

blut wump said:
It really brings out the inner biceps peak.

Thats funny...I was going to say they got my triceps all wicked swole.

And squatting in raised heel'd shoes...no one shoud do this....Oh wait, that is what Olympic Weightlifting shoes have...

Damn I know nothing. :rolleyes:

You can fuck off. I don't like squatting in raised heels tennis shoes. If you don't like my advice, stay the hell out of my threads.

Go eat another ding dong. BUT if you have nothing positive to add to my post, please just leave it alone.

I added something positive - squating barefoot is a bad idea. I know, I am a fat squatter. Maybe on a warm up set, or for fun, but as functional gym advice...no way

Besides... you do the leg press. Nuff said.

I would rather squat barefoot than in a running shoe... but mostly I just like to see Al make fun of people.

cwc73 said:
I accidentally wore the wrong shoes to the gym. These had really high heels, and I have no balance in them while deep squatting. I decided to just do it all barefooted. I've seen some people do it before.

sure sounds great in theory...but the reason for shoes is ankle support. plus, I have to practice oly lifts with the shoes or my pull will be incorrect/off-balance.

I'd be worried about athletes foot? Have you seen how many germs there are on gym equipment? I wash my hands soon as I get done and don't touch anything I don't have to. Was showed machines had MUCH more bacteria b/c of more skin contact, plus they never get washed really. some guys spray em down with 'disinfectant' but I doubt it does much other than smell good.

I suppose barefoot would be better than tennis shoes...but honestly tennis shoes are crap anyways. If your cheap get some wrestling shoes or chucks, if not, spend the cash and get some oly shoes. DO-wins, adidas, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom