Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SO Bored with diet...need help

PegasusStar

Hey guys,

Well, here is an update.
I just started training, finished my 3rd week.

I started off strong...ate 5-6 meals a day, lots of fruit and veggies, high protein.

This last week, Ive been so bored with the same things over and over, that tonight I gave in (after only eating 2 meals today b/c I was busy working in the ER and didnt have a break)...at ate a bean burrito from Taco Bell on my way home..

And I was getting 1500 calories per Spark People, now over the last week, Im back down to 1,000-1300 cals, way too low from what everyone tells me.

My typical day

Breakfast- Egg whites
Snack- Fruit with cream cheese
Lunch- Turkey Sand on wheat, no cheese, no may
Snack- Chicken salad, no dressing
Dinner- Ahi tuna, or chicken

Im going CRAZY..how much chicken and Tuna can I eat...

I often dont have time to cook...I work 12 hour shifts in the ER!!

So, this last week, Ive been HORRIBLE and added:

-Subway turkey with veggies, on wheat, no cheese
-"Homemade" pizza with whole wheat tortilla, pizza sauce and Low fat pepperoni
-1 slice of Cheese to my plain turkey on wheat

.....and of course my horrible bean burrito
.....and I ate 2 Lean Cuisines this week (better than the 3x a day I was eating, but still want to cut it out!)
.....and Turkey Hot dog
.....and a Garden burger on a bun

The above have SO much sodium, but my calories are still too low, my sodium too high. I feel like the above are not THAT bad, but compaired to what I have learned here..they are all big NO NOs

Im worried that if I continue to keep so bored, IM going to go back to my OLD habbits....easy dinner tray meals...and meals like above

I really need some advice...Im feeling great, feel the muscle, havent lost much as far as clothes are concerned but Im ok with that b/c I know it takes time.

Please help!!

PegasusStar said:
Hey guys,

Well, here is an update.
I just started training, finished my 3rd week.

I started off strong...ate 5-6 meals a day, lots of fruit and veggies, high protein.

This last week, Ive been so bored with the same things over and over, that tonight I gave in (after only eating 2 meals today b/c I was busy working in the ER and didnt have a break)...at ate a bean burrito from Taco Bell on my way home..

And I was getting 1500 calories per Spark People, now over the last week, Im back down to 1,000-1300 cals, way too low from what everyone tells me.

My typical day

Breakfast- Egg whites
Snack- Fruit with cream cheese
Lunch- Turkey Sand on wheat, no cheese, no may
Snack- Chicken salad, no dressing
Dinner- Ahi tuna, or chicken

Im going CRAZY..how much chicken and Tuna can I eat...

I often dont have time to cook...I work 12 hour shifts in the ER!!

So, this last week, Ive been HORRIBLE and added:

-Subway turkey with veggies, on wheat, no cheese
-"Homemade" pizza with whole wheat tortilla, pizza sauce and Low fat pepperoni
-1 slice of Cheese to my plain turkey on wheat

.....and of course my horrible bean burrito
.....and I ate 2 Lean Cuisines this week (better than the 3x a day I was eating, but still want to cut it out!)
.....and Turkey Hot dog
.....and a Garden burger on a bun

The above have SO much sodium, but my calories are still too low, my sodium too high. I feel like the above are not THAT bad, but compaired to what I have learned here..they are all big NO NOs

Im worried that if I continue to keep so bored, IM going to go back to my OLD habbits....easy dinner tray meals...and meals like above

I really need some advice...Im feeling great, feel the muscle, havent lost much as far as clothes are concerned but Im ok with that b/c I know it takes time.

Please help!!

It's really no big deal to slip once...twice, but if you fall completely off the wagon what will happen is, you'll go back to square one and then have to start all over again. A vicious cycle.

Your diet is ok, but not great.
You should stop eating so much bread.

Example of a diet:

1-Egg white & oatmeal (if you don't like oatmeal, then have cream of wheat or any other hot cereal. Is far better then fruit w/cheese)

2-Protein drink

3- Chicken or turkey, of beef or tuna with sweet potato or brown rice.

4-Oats pancake or sweet potato muffin.

5- Chicken or turkey or beef or tuna with a salad or vegetable.

6- Fish with begetables with salad or couscous.

7- Casein Protein drink before bed..

I keep the fish and vegetables for the evenings since is lighter, but if you don't like chicken that much, have fish.

I usually don't have too many protein drinks, but if you don't have the time is far better then a sandwich.

I can go on forever. Unfortunately, eating healthy one must be committed.
You can cook at night or cook for a couple of days, etc.

Make your food interesting to you. Whatever your taste bud requires.
I like grilled or roasted vegetables with added olive oil & garlic. It would be very difficult for me to eat boiled or steamed veggies. If you don't eat things you like, you'll eventually get bored.

BTW, use dressing in your salads. it must be really hard to eat lettuce without dressing. However, just use one tablespoon. One tablespoon goes a long way.

Don't be to hard on yourself, diet can be challenging sometimes. You don't have to eat the same things over and over again, and there is alot of different healthy recipies you can use to make it easier for you. Needto has a great cookbook out that can help you, hit him up. Don't be afraid to throw a "cheat" meal in there once in a while to help break things up. Though dieting can be tough the results are worth it.

How long have you been eating clean? (Take Thandie's suggestions by the way for a bit of change)

How did you feel PHYSICALLY after you ate that burrito? Did it sit in your stomach like a ton of bricks? Did you feel like you had less energy and just *icky*. Pay attention to what your body is telling you. You should have felt a change in your energy levels and just overall sense of wellbeing bout 4 days or so after beginning to eat clean/whole/unprocessed foods.

Get Needto's book... I promise you it will help teach you about what better food choices are and VARIETY. He also talks about prep and convenience. The book is geard towards the type of total lifestyle change that you want for yourself.

And Like BW1 said, not only is a cheat meal (I prefer cheat DAY) suggested but I am going to say MANDATORY. I used to tell my clients that one day a week they could eat whatever they wanted. If they wanted snickers bar and ice cream for breakfast, I told them, "Have at it." Sometimes they did. For the ones who did they told me that after the 3rd bite or so they felt so sick to thier stomach that they couldn't finish not to mention they physically felt like crap and opted for more healthy food choices anyway... LOL

Once you start to detox you realize that your body will rebel BIGTIME if you go back to your old ways. But you have to get your diet in order first... once you get there though, there is usually no going back. If you fall off the wagon, the misery that junk brings to your body is more than enough to get you back on the right path.

^^ not mystical - but FACT.

Random question... do you like to cook?
You may just need a few recipes to rotate so you don't feel like you're eating a dry dead animal everyday.

check out NEED2's book lots of good recipes and varieties in there. click on the link in my signature.

u think u dont have time to cook? i work 60+ hours a week, lift weights 6 of those days and do 2-60 min cardio sessions everyday. i have to find time to shop, cook, and pack my meals. if u want results bad enough u can find a way. even if it means sacrificing a little free time on an off night or weekend to do all the cooking and preparing and packaging.

GUARDIAN said:
check out NEED2's book lots of good recipes and varieties in there. click on the link in my signature.

u think u dont have time to cook? i work 60+ hours a week, lift weights 6 of those days and do 2-60 min cardio sessions everyday. i have to find time to shop, cook, and pack my meals. if u want results bad enough u can find a way. even if it means sacrificing a little free time on an off night or weekend to do all the cooking and preparing and packaging.
All this and more covered in the book to. :)

GUARDIAN said:

^ what he said ^

Results are made with dedication.
Just mix it up if it gets too boring. There are SOOO many healthy
options, you just need to find the time to prep for em. I spend most of sunday in the kitchen, prep'in for the week. :)
You can do it girl. Stay strong

Ingredients:

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup mashed baked sweet potato, cooled
1/2 cup fat-free milk, at room temperature
2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat twelve 2-5/8 by 1-1/8-inch (about 3-ounce) muffin cups with nonstick vegetable cooking spray(ff or healthy kind)

In a large bowl, stir together flour, splenda, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger.

In another bowl, stir together sweet potato, milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla, until blended. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just to combine. Stir in crystallized ginger.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin pans to wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from cups; finish cooling on rack.

Yield: about 12 muffins

Nutrition information per muffin: 168 calories, 28 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 35 milligrams cholesterol, 173 milligrams sodium.

Want to really spice it up top muffins with.

Ingredients:
2 cups Sugar Free Light Whipped Cream
1/2 cup Splenda
1 scoop protein powder (use any flavor you like depending on
the flavor you want your frosting)
Directions:
Mix by hand or in a blender till desired thickness.
You will have to work with this one for awhile. Getting frosting
just right is always frustrating for most people.. It’s just something you will only learn through personal experience.

Top Bottom