Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SO Bored with diet...need help

We so need a recipe stickie, those look AWESOME.

I can relate to the hours thing, but it is possible to cook healthy for yourself in advance.

My latest trick is doing a roast turkey breast and roast beef once a week, which does last most of the week.

I also do tuna patties which last about three days, I am thinking about trying and freezing some to see how they are after so I can have all of them ready for a week.

I find that my diet is far better when I am at work and on-call. I only have the food I bring available to me, we don't have anything open overnight, and even if we did, I wouldn't have time to go and get anything.

So your 12 hour shifts (same as mine as I am doing all your blood samples), may be a blessing in disguise.

Prepping food in advance is a bit challenging at first, but it does get SO easy after awhile, you do learn how to find fast recipes, how to get most of your food done for a week in an afternoon etc.

needtogetaas said:
Yes it can. It would change the taste a bit but still be good.

cindylou some of the meals yes but not all of them. This seems to be a huge requast though and maybe I may go back and do it for all of them. Thing is it would take me months to do it.

How ever finding the mics for each meal is very easy if don meal by meal. There are hundreds of sites that can do this for you.

fitwatch.com
nutritiondata.com
Calorie-Count at About.com has a free recipe analyzer
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
calorieking.com

^^^^^ all these are free sites. You just type in every ingredient then the servings amount and bam it gives you all the info you need. Some of them give you everything right down to vitamins,ameno,sugar,salt everything.

So feel free to book mark these sites girls. I will deff be adding the sites to my book in my first up date, and maybe get a hair across my ass and do it for all the meals.
nice

thandie said:
Here is one with no flour.
I meant to post this here, but went to another thread inadvertently.

These are oats pancakes and Sweet potato muffins I make:

PANCAKE-1 oz old fashioned oats
½ cup egg whites
2 tbls fat free cottage cheese
Cinnamon and vanilla In blender –
makes two pancakes which is one low carb serving.Pro-18g, carb-7g, fat-0.5g (Pam olive oil spray)Top with fat free/sugar free syrup

Sweet potato Muffins

In a bowl mix

8 oz sweet potato I first bake them in the oven the mash them into like mash potatoes.
2 cups dry oat meal
1 cup egg whites
1 whole egg
1 tbsp of vanilla
Cinnamon
1/4 cup splenda

Get a muffin pan with 12 and spray with pam
Cook at 350 for 30 minutes

Comes out to 18 carbs per muffin.

Sounds delicious! Im gonna give this a try this weekend.
Thanx Thandie

needtogetaas said:
Trying to our do the chef=banned. :p just messing good recipe I will be steeling btw :heart:

No worries, Needto!
I'm here to help others get in fab shape..

thandie said:
No worries, Needto!
I'm here to help others get in fab shape..
O I was playing around. I am here for the same reason. Its all bout the people. They have given me so much I can't help but give back. Ef rocks.

If you're feeling overwhelmed by a boring diet so quickly, my suggestion would be to not do both exercise and diet all at once. It's too much of a change too quickly.
I would eat what I want, but clean for the first few months of training, then add a cleaner diet.
I never followed a super strict diet and I still was in awesome shape.

Do it slowly. I see nothing wrong with subways. Stay away from anything white (rice, flour. pot. etc), too much sugar, anything fried and high sodium foods and you'll do fine

I'm not sure if anyone suggested this...But, why not cook ahead on your days off? I cook on the weekends since my work schedy is so crazy 99.9% of the time ( 100% as of late). Take a few hours on your days off and plan your dinners so you do not have THAT stress durinmg the week.

Variety is the key to healthy eating and KEEPING it clean!

I have a husband to cook for, he's not too cool with cooked in advance, and nuked dinners.

the rest of the meals can be that way, but i like having recipes and eat something different every night for dinner. no more just 4 oz chicken and 2 cups green veggie every night for 6 months.

vixensghost said:
I'm not sure if anyone suggested this...But, why not cook ahead on your days off? I cook on the weekends since my work schedy is so crazy 99.9% of the time ( 100% as of late). Take a few hours on your days off and plan your dinners so you do not have THAT stress durinmg the week.

Variety is the key to healthy eating and KEEPING it clean!

this is what i do. my dinner at home is the only fresh cooked meal for the day. i will take 8-10lbs of chicken breats out to the grill and knock it out of the way.

fish kind of sucks warmed up though. i save my fish for fresh cooked meals.

GUARDIAN said:
this is what i do. my dinner at home is the only fresh cooked meal for the day. i will take 8-10lbs of chicken breats out to the grill and knock it out of the way.

fish kind of sucks warmed up though. i save my fish for fresh cooked meals.

Fish takes only a few minutes to cook so I never pre-cook it.

I love NOT having to cook up chicky(etc) when we get home from work. It's so easy to take it out of the freezer and nuke it and BE DONE! God, the thought of having to cook after a long hard work day would make me skip meals. I'd rather take that extra time with my hubby and Bri than be cooking after work!

Top Bottom