Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help me help my friend. (her information inside)

DJ_UFO

Banned
So I have a girlfriend co-worker and she is trying to loose weight and get fit. Seems like her diet is out of track and maybe what she is doing at the gym. Still I need yall expert female advices.

I know I know any drug or prescription med is out of the game here.

So here are her stats:

28 yo
162 pounds
5'6"
waist: 33
Thigh: 44
Chest: 38 1/2
hips: 42
arms: 12

Estimated BF%: 29%

Her diet is not strict at all, it varies day by day without counting cals protein, carbs and fat. Usually from what I've herad from her is like this:

breakfast

Wheat sourdough sandwich with one slice of cheese and one turkey bologne slice.
Glass of orange juice.

lunch

Sometimes she eat half chicken breast with rice, or with veggies, sometimes with mashed potatoes or pasta. Also varies sometimes with pork/meat instead of chicken.

dinner

similar to lunch

Sometimes during mid-morning she eat some crackers with cheese or in the afternoon a slice of pizza and sometimes before going to bed she fill her stomach with more crackers and sometimes a slice of bread with peanut butter.

Workout:

She is going 4-5 days a week and mostly do cardio during the afternoon. About 45 minutes of cardio. She is doing a little bit of weights but I don't know how her routine looks if there's a routine at all.

So her problem is that she started going to the gym three weeks ago and is keeping exactly the same weight. According to her she has been trying to eat less carbs but in my opinion her diet could be the real problem here.

But like I said before, the real experts here are EF girls...:)

Any advice, diet, excercises is very welcome. Please comment so I can help her succeed.

Thanks girls,

DJ.

DJ_UFO said:
So I have a girlfriend co-worker and she is trying to loose weight and get fit. Seems like her diet is out of track and maybe what she is doing at the gym. Still I need yall expert female advices.

I know I know any drug or prescription med is out of the game here.

So here are her stats:

28 yo
162 pounds
5'6"
waist: 33
Thigh: 44
Chest: 38 1/2
hips: 42
arms: 12

Estimated BF%: 29%

Her diet is not strict at all, it varies day by day without counting cals protein, carbs and fat. she needs to do this, I cannot stress that enough Usually from what I've herad from her is like this:

breakfast

Wheat sourdough sandwich with one slice of cheese and one turkey bologne slice.
Glass of orange juice.

lunch

Sometimes she eat half chicken breast with rice, or with veggies, sometimes with mashed potatoes or pasta. Also varies sometimes with pork/meat instead of chicken.

dinner

similar to lunch

Sometimes during mid-morning she eat some crackers with cheese or in the afternoon a slice of pizza and sometimes before going to bed she fill her stomach with more crackers and sometimes a slice of bread with peanut butter.

Workout:

She is going 4-5 days a week and mostly do cardio during the afternoon. About 45 minutes of cardio. She is doing a little bit of weights but I don't know how her routine looks if there's a routine at all.

So her problem is that she started going to the gym three weeks ago and is keeping exactly the same weight. According to her she has been trying to eat less carbs but in my opinion her diet could be the real problem here.

But like I said before, the real experts here are EF girls...:)

Any advice, diet, excercises is very welcome. Please comment so I can help her succeed.

Thanks girls,

DJ.
Her diet is pretty poor if you ask me. Choices need to be much better. Can you have her come on here and read some of the sticky's?

Clean foods: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448537

Sample Diets: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5772429&postcount=5

Shadow project: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484598

HIIT: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5772954&postcount=9

Fitday: http://www.fitday.com/

alot of processed crap in there. pizza, cheese & crackers, bread/pasta choices.. nothing worng with carbs but not those kind

healthy lean protein
veggies
fruit
healthy fats

water

etc

:rose:

Thank you bunny! I'll try to make her read on this site. Do you think her poor diet is the cause of no losing any pound? In my personal opinion I think the amount of food she is putting in is for maintenance and not well organized for weight loss.

thank you!

DJ_UFO said:
Thank you bunny! I'll try to make her read on this site. Do you think her poor diet is the cause of no losing any pound? In my personal opinion I think the amount of food she is putting in is for maintenance and not well organized for weight loss.

thank you!
Yes I think her diet is 90% of the problem. She is not eating the right foods.

Other than cals in vs cals out I am a firm believe of proper combinations & food timing. A calorie is NOT a calorie to me on a cellular level.

Any way we can help :)

Thanks girl! and what about workout. I guess the priority is cardio at least 5 days a week? with 2-3 days of weights?

I'm sorry for the ignorance...I could say that I'm a pro when it comes to myself but trying to help a lady is totally different.

As long as she's eating like she should cardio does hot HAVE to be 5 days a week. Unless the other ladies jump in and disagree those change to deit alone with work wonders BUT excess cardio may hinder her results too.

When recommending ... I prefer 3-5 days of weights, within a 8-12 reps range depending on what she CAN do. 3 day 4 day and 5 day are doable & easy.

Cardio Id say 2-3 days HIIT and one day steady state. I think Shadows Project was that was with cardio, AM on empty with one free day a week to do what you wanted (cardio wise) . It's about 12 weeks of a M-F split giving her what to lift each day reps sets etc. GREAT for a beginner. Suggest AM cardio on empty while doing PM weights. Everything can be adjusted to fit HER schedule but she needs to make the commitment 1st ya know?

The 12 weeks I was on it I had awesome results, I also (1) was a newb & (2) followed the diet to a friggin T :)

There are other split options as well, In daisys top threads sticky she lists some in there too , may have to look thru it a little.

Hey UFO :) Here's the easiest way to demonstrate where the problem is if someone is not happy w/ how they look. Your body simply responds to how it is treated - how it is fueled, how it is allowed to recover, how it is allowed to expend energy. The first and foremost component of all that is the diet - how you fuel. If your body is squishy and doesn't respond quickly to anything - that's because it is being fueled w/ too much, often not enough NUTRITIONALLY VALUABLE stuff and a lot of excess shit - either too much sugar or fats because people don't pay attention to the quality of their food at all or they try to eat all this "special diet food", i.e. all the low-sugar, low-carb, whatever food - the problem w/ that is that they are usually replacing the so-called "Bad" part of the food (i.e. the media makes us think that ALL fat and ALL sugar and ALL Carb is bad) w/ something else that is probably just as bad to make it taste like something other than spackle. And another issue is all the additional processing that goes into those foods to remove the "bad" stuff and full in the other shit.

Therefore, if you aren't happy w/ how your body looks, then change your diet because your body is only responding to the stimuli that you are giving it. In this case - appears to be a lot of shit. Bunny gives some of our best links in her first post to places to start. Sometimes processing all that information can get very confusing to someone who is new to "nutrition' and "fitness" and has only been exposed to all the myth & marketing shit that the media promotes. I always highly recommend the BODY FOR LIFE book by Bill Philips - It is a FANTASTIC intro to nutrition, dieting & training. Shitloads of cardio aren't necessary to make progress and a very boring & restricted diet are not required either. This book spends a couple chapters explaining how the body works w/ nutrition & provides some very flexible guidelines for both eating and training (not requiring thousands of hours in the gym either) and a couple days of cardio / week. Its all very common sense and most of the programs you find out there are very similar but I have found that book to help not just lay out the program but also explain it very succinctly and make it all make sense.

"You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Sassy69 again"

Thank you girls! help is much appreciated! k for yall

Couldn't give you k sassy but thanks a lot! you're a real teacher here.

DJ_UFO said:
"You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Sassy69 again"

Thank you girls! help is much appreciated! k for yall

Couldn't give you k sassy but thanks a lot! you're a real teacher here.

Its all the basic foundation knowledge & then the fine-tuning and knowledge gained from seeing how each person responds to it -- but generally speaking, the same approach works for men & women. Obviously there may be a strength differential but then common sense applies - its all about conditioning but always stretching your limits while putting form and intensity before "the weight". But above that, your body can only respond as well as you fuel it so even the best laid training regimen won't work all that great if your diet sucks.

Good luck and please don't hesitate to invite the chica here! Always more love, info & support here than you'll ever find and sometimes just having that is half the battle :)

Top Bottom