Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My friends 10 year old twins want to start training.......need advice!

joeyz123

My friend called me the other day, and told me that his 2 ten year old twin girls want to start working out. They are very much into sports, but want to start training mainly to become a little stronger. both of these girls are very thin and tall, so they dont really need to worry about weight loss. being 10 years old, what would you guys suggest as a basic strength training program?

Thanks

Plyometrics, sprints, basic bodyweight exercises(pushups, pullups, dips)...keep them out of the weightroom till thye are at least 14-15.

If you don't want em in the weight room, then I would suggest calisthenics. I would shy away from plyometrics since they put so much stress on the body that the girls' bodies likely aren't ready for.

Greek Freak said:
Plyometrics, sprints, basic bodyweight exercises(pushups, pullups, dips)...keep them out of the weightroom till thye are at least 14-15.

I have an 11yo daughter that does these things plus she is involved in gymnastics and recreational jogging. Nothing too extreme, though.

i've worked with young athletes for a few years, i'd have to say world's strongest man style training is very beneficial.

here's what i mean, have them pick up a 20 to 40 pound sac, carry it 15 yards and then back, have them go through an obstacle course where they have to push weighted apparatus' around, have them do light farmer's walks (forces the core to stabilize as well as putting direct stress on tendon and ligament inserts). backward sled drags are great too. focus on core stability first, then work out from there. good luck.

p.s. plyometrics are a very bad idea, very bad. 10 year olds do not have the ability to generate a stretch reflex that is able to stabilize the working joints and still cause an explosive movement. shy away from them till the athletes can handle 1 and 1/2 times there bodyweight in compound lifts like the squat and deadlift.

Top Bottom