Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many calories on cutting diet?

misguided03

I'm curious about how many calories you run on a cutting diet with aas and with out.
I see some people at 1700-1900 cal which I have done before with little to no results I currently run about 3500-4000 this is based off a recommendation from a nutritionist.
My stats are 207 lbs @ 10% bf
5"10
25 years old
I wear a heart rate monitor and avg 700-1200 cal burned per work out I also work a labor intensive job in the oil fields 10 hrs a day and to be honest at 3500 cal I have a hard time recovering from my work outs.
My current supps
Need2slin
Bridge
Whey
I just started n2 supps
What do you guys do / recommend ?

ive never used aas but if your active start at 15 x your lbm ( about 187 lbs) to lose so thats about 2800 . as for your recovery maybe its your rest or around workout nutrion/nutrition timing or your macs breakdown (do you eat enough fat?)or training thats causing the recovery problems

your cals might be good but how is your diet? i also worked in the oil fields for years and depending on what camp i was in. some had good hot lunches. some were sandwichs only. bad carbs, lunch meats, too much salt/fat/sugar can really cancel out a lot of hard work. for your recovery are you getting at least a gram of protein per pound of body weight?

what is your maintenance caloric requirement???

-500 cals will = 2lbs fat per week..

stop doing high intensity workouts, you are losing 50% muscle..

long, low intensity will burn as many calories and most will be fat..

115 hr cardio.. post workout for 40 minutes..

remember we only have 300-400 cals of glycogen stored in the liver, thus after that energy is used, the body starts burning muscle for energy..

To actually lose fat I must consume between 1500 and 2000Kcal daily... But I rarely engage in cardio exercise, and always eat much more on days I do. My BMR is around 1700Kcal, and my TDEE is around 2450Kcal.

What would be a low intensity but long workout? I go 170 strides per min on an elliptical, for 30 mins, sweat a lot...

About 50% of your maximum heart rate would be "low intensity". When I do cardio for fat loss, I aim for moderate intensity of around 60% MHR.
If you're not using heart rate, you're really not going to get an accurate picture of your workout intensity.

Otherwise you can use the RPE scale, and aim for around a 5... Go balls to the wall for around 45s until you start seeing stars, that's a 10. Aim for about half of that.

Top Bottom