Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fucking Scammers

GLADIATOR351

Two guys just tried to scam me w/ the ol' speaker trick. The guy said, " Hey man, you want to buy some house speakers? I have some extra. It crazy!! I ordered 7 and they sent me 14. I can't believe it." (yeah me either buddy, nobody doubles your order by accident). What a fucking moron....

so I politely told him to "FUCK OFF" and that I don't fall for that scam...

That's the last time I offer you a deal on speakers!!!

I don't appreciate you telling me to fuck off. Next time, I will get your ass when I get some more speakers to sell.;)

I think this happened to somebody here...maybe....spentagn or nordstrom...it was somebody...I remember the thread. The problem was they bought them! Hehehe!

GLADIATOR351 said:
anyone else run into this scam?

Oddly enough, this happened to me last week . . . but I didn't know it was a scam. I didn't buy them, but like you said, they wanted to sell their extra speakers to me.

How does this scam work anyways? Are the speakers no good??

SK

HumorMe said:
I think this happened to somebody here...maybe....spentagn or nordstrom...it was somebody...I remember the thread. The problem was they bought them! Hehehe!

OMG, They bought them!! that is funny as hell. This is one of the oldest scams out there. :mix:

GLADIATOR351 said:

OMG, They bought them!! that is funny as hell. This is one of the oldest scams out there. :mix:

I think it was spent who bought them. He really got ragged for it too...it was a funny thread. He did say they did work though but for how long, only he knows that. Hehehehehe!

Teams of deceptive and opportunistic salespersons around the globe selling "hi-fi" speakers from the back of their vans.
Central Florida residents beware. You may never think you would be caught dead buying any merchandise out of the back of a van, but the infamous "white van" speaker sales teams have moved into your neighborhood. These van drivers employ slick and deceptive tactics to get your attention and then use a well-developed routine battle-tested in cities around the globe to separate you from your hard-earned money.

These people will do whatever it takes to convince you the speakers they are selling are premium quality, hi-fi merchandise, and that they have extra pairs of speakers, whether through legitimate means or otherwise. The speakers, in fact, have been rated very low by many audiophiles and publications (such as www.AudioReview.com). The van drivers lead you to believe that they are delivery drivers who have just finished a delivery and must get rid of the extra stock before they are discovered by their supervisor. They are more than happy to share their good fortune with you at a great savings! Most people would probably hesitate to buy their story, but these people are well-armed with slick literature, magazine ads, and invoices to back up their claims. Some even resort to high-pressure and even intimidation to get the sale.

It's a wonder that the companies which manufacture and distribute the speakers can claim no responsibility for these "freelance" contract salespersons. When an Orlando man who recently bought a pair of speakers called to complain about the way he was pressured and lied to by the salespersons, one by one the company representatives denied responsibility and referred him down the chain of command. John Mehaffey of JAM Enterprises referred him to Mike Amoroso of Audiowood Products who referred him to Michael P. of Orca Distributors in Longwood, FL. Each person claimed to be running a legitimate business without any direct ties to the contract salespersons. The fact that the companies which employ and provide these van drivers with the means to deceive consumers are still in business probably means they have done their legal homework.

If the consumer is lucky, they will have discovered their purchase was deceptive and not nearly worth what they paid. If they find the right contact information, and if they were able to get a receipt, they will be able to get a refund within three days of purchase. See the contact information below. Legally, (at least in the U.S.) the distributor must honor the refunds within three days, and in doing so, they are able to retain their legitimate status. These companies have a lucrative business, making plenty of money from consumers who can't or don't make the returns.

If you feel you have been taken by these "white van" drivers, read our feature SCAM ALERT article for more information and contacts in your area. Read about the experience of others around the world and get info on your local area in the SIGHTINGS & LOCATIONS section. Please share your experience with others, because only through the sharing of information can we help others.

ShadowKnight said:

Oddly enough, this happened to me last week . . . but I didn't know it was a scam. I didn't buy them, but like you said, they wanted to sell their extra speakers to me.

How does this scam work anyways? Are the speakers no good??

SK

Good thing you did not buy them.... The speakers are no good or have crappy speakers....

what they do is tell you they have extra speakers or some their customer decided not to use and they want to get rid of them or sell them for cheap. Then they will want to show you the speakers. They will have some realy nice speakers (bose or something) that you can look at. Then once you agree to buy them.. they will then sale you the "boxed ones" which are generally trash speakers or broken ones.

Top Bottom