Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does this sound GAY ?

tomcat

I just got back to serious lifting again a few months ago.

Question:
How come I don't see more guys in the gym using a workout log book and tracking each exercise / set etc?

I'm starting to think I look like a fruit writing all the reps, sets, weights for each exercise in my log book.

Do you guys remember it all so you don't need a log?
Am I being paranoid?

I find it a motivator knowing I have to get that last rep in so I match or beat last week.

Comments?

TOMCAT said:
I just got back to serious lifting again a few months ago.

Question:
How come I don't see more guys in the gym using a workout log book and tracking each exercise / set etc?

I'm starting to think I look like a fruit writing all the reps, sets, weights for each exercise in my log book.

Do you guys remember it all so you don't need a log?
Am I being paranoid?

I find it a motivator knowing I have to get that last rep in so I match or beat last week.

Comments?

Don't focus on writing your sets down. Just go with maximum intensity and that should work.
Log books don't tell you how hard the set was. :)

And yes there is one guy who does that.

As much as I hate to admit it..it looks like Greene and I have something in common.. I too take a log with me to the gym...I think its important..esp when you come to a sticking point..you can go back and see exactly what you did and make the necessary changes......

i don't go to a gym, i work out at home. but i always right down all my sets, reps, and weights. i love watching those numbers climb up week by week.

I get into a ritual before every workout.

Eat, use the restroom while figuring out exactly what I plan to do in the gym, put my clothes on, then hit the garage for a good workout. If I brake one of these...I am convinced that I will have a terrible workout. Well...maybe I am not that superstitious.....but I just get into a routine and like to look back and see what I did last week or so.

B True

Ohhh...been lifting for 7 years and I still have the notebook where I first benched 95lbs...or almost benched it I should say, ha ha.

Same here, I always do it and I see people looking at me like I am weird and geeky

But I can never remember what reps/weights I achieve, plus it all adds up to form good progressive trainining

it motivates you to do better everytime

Thanks for the feedback.. I don't feel so gay now.

I personally get too much benefit from using a Log that I wouldn't give it up no matter what others at the gym think. I agree that you can't lower your intensity on an up day just because the log says this is where you are.

It is a guide for me so I make sure I keep moving in the right direction every week (UP). For the most part I can remember week to week where I am but It's cool to see the numbers going up on paper.

Anyone else with an opinion?

The logbook it's an awesome thing

I keep mine and record everything into it, sometimes what i eat, not usually though

when you get into serious training i think it's important to record it all, cause sometimes a weak week day is because of lack of sleep not that fact that you are hitting a plateau

Top Bottom