Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does this sound GAY ?

I admit I felt a little geeky when I first started carrying a log book, but I did it anyway, because the log book motivated me. Since I'd already written in my workout ahead of time, I felt compelled to do it, whereas before I could always find some excuse to avoid the gym. Now I don't need motivation to get myself into the gym, but having the log is still very useful for monitoring progress, seeing what worked, what didn't etc.

Since I've been carrying my book nearly 2 years now, I've been noticing who else carrys one. With only a few exceptions, the people who carry one are (overall) the ones who seem to be making the most progress.

So many people I see come in the gym day after day and do the same old stuff that doesn't work, yet they still keep doing it. :bawling:

Most of their time, however, is spent exercising their jaws.

If it's good enough for Dorian...

Ever read Dorian Yates' book? He swears by the effectiveness of his workout log. Says he would never train without it.

I never understand why someone would have to write shiet down on the gym floor... i'm not flaming anyone but, if you can't remember the weight or the exercises you did... thats serious memory problem. But, different strokes for different folks.

I have a hard time remembering something that happened five minutes ago much less a week ago. So yes, I do write my workouts down...

i did for my first year but then it got to be a nusance so i no longer do,i have it written down when i was only benching 60 lbs and im up to 135 as working reps,i also squat over 100lbs more

Now that I heard validation that carrying my Log around the Gym doesn't look gay,
the only other concern of a gay nature I have left is:

What do you do when the rope breaks on the soap?

You join a gym with private showers.:D

and i carry a log book Ive even gone so far as to have an ironman watch attached so I know exactly how long my workout lasted. :FRlol:

plus I hate these smilies.

##spiderbaby##

I can remember, & write down later, the heaviest
weight I lifted on 1 exercise for each major muscle
group. So I can remember what my max for the
day was on bench press, preacher curl, or lat
pulldown, yet have no idea what I was lifting
on the various inclines, dumbell exercises, etc.
If I write down 1 number for each major muscle
group just once a week I think that's enough
to track by. I can't deal with more info
than that anyway.

I also write down notes about any big changes
in my diet, not getting enough sleep, being sick,
stressed out, etc.

I don't measure my muscles. Should I?
Do people measure them slack or tensed?

notebook

i do pushups every other day and i record how many sets and reps i do than at the end of the month i add it up for a total and try to beat that record for the next month,,however when i'm working out i just remoery how many plates i put on the bar rather than the numbers

hi, i'm new here, i noticed the topic so here's my five cents, i keep a log too, been doing it since this past winter. it helps me try to at least break even with the last workout and i can tell right away when my lifts stop going up or if they go down. i can also look back and see if there are any patterns i should pay attention to like when i hit plateus, and what maybe made it happen.

Top Bottom