Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I getting enough calories?

Early Riser

Stats:
Started April 30, 2001
Height: 5'11"
April 30: weight 178
June 7 weight 164

Approx body fat: I'm guessing about 12-15%

Cardio 6 x, week.....35 minutes with 5lb. dumbells doing 15 sets of 30 reps of flys, lateral raises, curls and shrugs, followed up by 20 min high intensity cardio. I'm thinking that this is about 700 cals worth.

Haven't got a weight set to do serious weight training...YET....but I figured I could get cut, then go full swing into a cardio/weight training program.

Current calorie intake: approximately 2000 cals; 50% protein, 10% carbs, 40% fat, 4 meals a day, with 100 cals worth of sunflower seeds every two hours for snack.

I've seen postings that I need to increase calorie intake to increase metabolism, so should I up calories to 2700??

Any and all answers would be appreciated.

Also - does the cutting gel really work?????? Expensive, but if it can give you results in 2 weeks, might be worth it.

am i getting enough calories?

cutting gel is no good- you should eat 6 times per day or every 2 and a half to 3 hours-keep carbs under 10 grams a day if you want to burn fat, drink thermospeed or speed stack for metabolic increase or eat metabolift bars by twinlab-2000 calories will be good for you to lose weight, but to gain you'd have to increase.

Increasing calories itself doesn't raise metabolism, increasing meal periods, keeping your body active, and increasing muscle mass does. I'm not sure if eating below your BMR in calories will lower your metabolism though, even if you're doing cardio and wright training. Maybe mr.x or Ms or someone can explain that. I'd say it doesn't because if it slowe down from caloric defacit, then you wouldn't lose weight that way.

That is part of it of course, but eating more calories DOES raise your metabolism. It just doesn't usually raise it enough to keep even with burning it off, so you gain fat, unless of course you increase cardio or otherwise burn the extra calories off.

Top Bottom