x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Pre-Contest Log: Shredding for the Stage

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Pre-Contest Log: Shredding for the Stage within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Yep.. Been saying it for a while now...finally decided to take the plunge! Doing my first Women's Physique show this April the 13th, just over 12 weeks away. Didn't want to take on the challenge alone, so I'm being coached by the great guys and gals over at DiZel Fitness Concepts. Great people with knowledge and personal experience, and I'm having a great time with them so far. Check them out...Dizel Fitness Concepts I am giving this my all, and I plan on making a very dramatic

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    psizzle_8

re: Pre-Contest Log: Shredding for the Stage

Quote Quote posted by caligirl85 View Post
    Great workouts and diet!! You're killing it. Love following along.
    Thank you girl!

psizzle_8

Today was LEGS. Holy cow.

Squats - 70lbs
    Leg press, single leg - 35lb each leg
    Forward lunges with 10lb DBs
    Lying leg curl - 50lbs
    Abductions - 40lbs
    Addictions - 40lbs
    Calf raises holding 20lb DB each side
    50 reps standing free squat
    Repeat circuit 3x

Walked out to my car with wobbly legs lol and am definitely going to feel it tomorrow. Awesome burn.

Diet:
    Meal 1
    3 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    50g oatmeal with truvia & cinnamon

Meal 2 (Pre workout)
    1 scoop protein
    7oz apple

Meal 3 (post)
    1 scoop protein
    10oz cran-apple juice

Meal 4
    4.5oz chicken
    2 cups fresh greens
    .5oz olive oil and vinegar (dressing)
    5.5oz potato

Meal 5
    30g protein
    50g liquid egg whites
    1oz natural peanut butter

Water is around 1.5 gallons so far

Might make some changes tomorrow....been feeling way overstuffed and bloated, as you can see I only did 5 meals, having 2 of those salads had me feeling way too stuffed. We'll see

Girl, keep pushing at the food. You will get used in a bit and you need it. Gotta keep that metabo kickin'....doing great!

psizzle_8

Quote Quote posted by dragonazz View Post
    Girl, keep pushing at the food. You will get used in a bit and you need it. Gotta keep that metabo kickin'....doing great!
    Thank you my friend. Working on it lol

Insert Pithy Quotation He kittelmama's Avatar
    Interesting workout today.
    Could you tell me a little about the light weights in the work out. I always lift heavy and am intrigued by changing it up.
    Are you doing the reps slowly with a great squeeze? No rest between?
    I've read your other threads and got the impression that you typically lift heavy.
    What do you think about this style? For what goals would you recommend it!
    Thanks! I'm enjoying the daily reads and inspiration!

psizzle_8

Quote Quote posted by kittelmama View Post
    Interesting workout today.
    Could you tell me a little about the light weights in the work out. I always lift heavy and am intrigued by changing it up.
    Are you doing the reps slowly with a great squeeze? No rest between?
    I've read your other threads and got the impression that you typically lift heavy.
    What do you think about this style? For what goals would you recommend it!
    Thanks! I'm enjoying the daily reads and inspiration!
    I'm always flattered to see people come on here/pm me with questions and know that my threads are serving their purpose. VERY flattered. So first of all, thank you!

Second...yes, I have always lifted heavy. Got very big in 2011 and was heading towards bodybuilding because of my strength and ability to gain muscle so easily. I was unhappy, took an entire year off of lifting, lost ~7" off my arms, now I'm focusing on lighter weights. Not too light, but nowhere near where I was before. It's definitely a change, but the fact that I'm doing a circuit makes up for it.

When I do these circuits, I do each move back to back with no rest. I only rest at the end of the circuit before starting it again, maybe 30-45 seconds max, unless it's leg day then I give myself a little more time to bounce back.

While doing the exercises, I focus on the negative. Example: today with chest (I'll post here in a bit), I focus on pushing out hard, a tight squeeze, while lowering slowly, then repeat. Today I still can hardly walk, and my arms gave out today while doing pushups.

I definitely recommend trying it, it's always nice to switch it up. I have never done this type of workout and it's completely shocking my body. Im loving it! And as far as my goals, I'm going for a VERY drastic transformation. Lots of weight loss. I have a fair amount of mass still, so I'm thinking by the time I lose the fat around my muscles, I'll be looking nice with the muscle I'm clearly adding on right now.

Don't hesitate asking questions, girl. Ask here or shoot me a pm if you'd like. Glad to have you!

Insert Pithy Quotation He kittelmama's Avatar

Your goals and mine probably aren't the same LOL!

I love lifting weights, and, for me there is a LOT of ego involved! As a now 44 year old woman, there is nothing like looking across the aisle at a man in his 20s and out lifting and our rep-ing him. I finally dragged my ultra fit marathon running husband to the gym with me 6 months ago. The man is amazing. He started at 6'1" and tried to maintain 165#s if he didn't pay attention, he would drop to 160 and look like a cancer patient. I pumped in full of protein shakes and bars and force fed him while he trained with me. In his first 3 months, he put on over 35# - and its all muscle. BUT when he started I could out-lift him and out endurance him on EVERY body part. When he passed me about a month ago, it really took a toll on my ego! (stupid huh?)

That being said, I have lifted nothing but heavy for 2+ years and I have struggled with fat loss.

I have another older thread describing this struggle, and am now experimenting (under physician direction) with T3 to attempt to reverse all the symptoms of thyroid problems -- particular those problems around the mid-section, which is a DISASTER!

I have done similar circuits - and they just destroy me if I kill the workout --- but I am doing them with heavy weight. I love the burn and the pump afterwards, but I wonder if lightening them up would assist in my trying to drop bf instead of only build mass.

My arm circuit - that in fact I will be doing tomorrow (tonight is legs) looks like this:
    Biceps: whole circuit 2X
    Seated dumbell curls 10X 20# (each)
    Standing ez curl wide grip 10 X 50#
    Reverse ez curl narrow grip 10 X 50#
    one-armed Preacher curl with negative 10 X 35#
    Standing ez curl 21s 1X60#

Triceps repeat circuit 2X
    no assist bodyweight dips X 15
    Skull crushers 15X40 with straight bar
    no assist body weight dips X 15
    cable rope pull downs 15 X 70#
    no assist bodyweight dips to failure (usually at this stage in the circuit that # is about 17 reps)

Do you struggle with the ego part of it, or are you over that?

I have some great muscles - buried under a nice layer of fat.

The diet is definitely on point -- but I am still only averaging about 1300 kcals per day - but its extremely low carb and high protein.

Anyway -- thanks for being inspiring! If all goes well with some other parts of my path to better looking body, I have even daydreamed about prepping for a show before I turn 50!

psizzle_8

The split doesn't look bad to me...kinda similar to what I'm doing actually

As far as ego goes, even when my arms were 18.5" I didn't have a big ego...I'd laugh at the guys coming over to try to lift heavier than me and end up hurting themselves lol but I was never really egotistic about it. Like I said I was very unhappy. I had that size, I'm 5'10" and had very little bodyfat. I was huge!

With this workout I am no doubt gaining a little muscle as I'm burning fat, I can feel it. I'm not lifting super light, but much lighter than I used to, so I will still gain a little.

As far as your diet...you need to eat to gain. Timing your carbs around your workouts is key, you have to give them fuel to grow. Low carb will keep you looking flat and deflated. Even if you are doing low carb, I'd still make sure to time some around your workouts.

If I were you, I'd hit my coach up. He's been great to me and can really help you...not only do they do contest prep, they also do different programs. Might work well for you.

psizzle_8

Today was CHEST day.

Bench press - 65lbs
    Machine pulley press - 60, 70, 60lbs
    Cable fly - 30, 35, 30lb (each side)
    Cable one arm press - 30, 35, 35lb
    ^^ I looked like an intense fighter doing this one, made people stop and watch lol
    Push up with hands on bench
    Machine fly - 60, 70, 60lbs
    Repeat circuit 3x

Great burn. Kept giving out at the end when I was doing the pushups, great feeling

Diet:
    Meal 1
    3 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    50g oatmeal with truvia & cinnamon

Meal 2
    1 scoop protein powder
    75g liquid egg whites
    19g olive oil
    300g orange
    ^^ Class was cancelled so it messed my meals up, made this my Pre-workout meal

Meal 3 (post)
    1 scoop protein
    10oz cran-apple juice

Meal 4
    4.5oz chicken
    2 cups fresh greens
    .5oz olive oil and vinegar (dressing)
    4.0oz potato

Meal 5
    Same as meal 3

25min HIIT Cardio

Meal 6
    30g protein
    50g liquid egg whites
    1oz natural peanut butter

Water is around 2 gallons so far

Muscle Pimp

I second kittelmama's thoughts and you are inspiring for me too. Knowing you're working your ass off, makes me more motivated to keep going! So thank you!

When I first started training and getting healthy, I did all circuits. The trainer I had then really believed in them. I had a lot of newbie gains but was also probably in the best shape of my life. They would kick my ass now. Ego, for me, comes and goes but anytime I've let it get the better of me, I usually end up injured. My worst gym injury was a result of ego and took months to completely heal. Talk about learning the hard way.