Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Think My Workouts Are Too Long, Help Please.

Well after posting on three different forums this is what I've come up with, tell me what you guys think.

Monday (Upper Body- Maximum Strength):
Upper Body
- Bench Press (5x5), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (5x5), Cable Rows (5x5), JM presses (5x5), Face Pulls (3x10)

Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Tuesday (Lower Body- Explosiveness):
Lower Body- Box Squat (4x6), Snatch, Deadlifts (4x6), Front Squat (w/ Jerk?) (4x6), Hang Cleans (give it a try) (4x6)

Core Work- Russian Twists (3x10), Windshield Wipers (3x10), Weighted Back Extensions (3x10), Weighted Side Bends (3x10), Sit-ups (3x10)

Wednesday (Throwing Specific Exercises):
Throwing Specific- TBA

Thursday (Upper Body- Explosiveness):
Upper Body- Close Grip Bench Press (4x6), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (4x6), Pendlay/Barbell Rows (4x6), Face Pulls (4x6), JM presses (4x6)

Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Friday (Lower Body- Maximum Strength):
Lower Body- Squat (5x5), Snatch (5x5), Deadlifts (5x5), Front Squat (w/ Jerk?) (5x5)

Core Work- Russian Twists (3x10), Windshield Wipers (3x10), Weighted Back Extensions (3x10), Weighted Side Bends (3x10), Sit-ups (3x10)

The plyo I would rep like your core work....higher for more of A Cardio and endurance unless your doing just for balance and conditioning. If the volume on strength days gets too much for you to go all out swap it up. Deads and squats for a month then snatches and front squats for a month, and follow them up with StiffLegDeads and Goodmornings as accessories to work the hams,glutes, and lower back good. A good rotation would be to do a similar exercise on the explosive day. Deads and squats heavy, power cleans and fronts squats speed sets....then switch it up. Do the pendlay rows on strength day. Bent over row on explosive...switch between reverse grip every couple weeks on Bent Over. And for explosive days I would do like the West Side Barbell template and go 10*3,8*3, or something focusing on form and exploding out of the hole. Or go the other way and do lighter weights 3*10 or so for form and conditioning. 4*6 is real close to 5*5. Instead of JM presses twice a week I would swap one out with weighted dips....they are killer and will help build strength.

Main thing is try it different ways and see what works for you. Change it if needed. Rotation is always good every so often. More is not always better.

Is throwing something you really train for or you do it for something to do?

If so your workout is not ideal. If you look at top level throwers they are not really muscular guys. You need to cut way back and train for power.

Monday (Upper Body- Maximum Strength):
Upper Body
- Bench Press (5x5), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (5x5), Cable Rows (5x5), JM presses (5x5), Face Pulls (3x10)

Tuesday (Lower Body- Explosiveness):
Lower Body- Box Squat (4x6), Snatch, Deadlifts (4x6), Front Squat (w/ Jerk?) (4x6), Hang Cleans (give it a try) (4x6)

Wednesday (Throwing Specific Exercises):
Throwing Specific- TBA

Thursday (Upper Body- Explosiveness):
Upper Body- Close Grip Bench Press (4x6), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (4x6), Pendlay/Barbell Rows (4x6), Face Pulls (4x6), JM presses (4x6)

Friday (Lower Body- Maximum Strength):
Lower Body- Squat (5x5), Snatch (5x5), Deadlifts (5x5), Front Squat (w/ Jerk?) (5x5)

Still seems like too much. And like mentioned above, building power, and building size are two different things. What are your goals as far as size and strength?

Look up Dan John. He's the man when it comes to strength for athletes . He threw back in his day as well use one of his programs. They work.

Dude are you serious? The smith machine is the best. You can squat on it, bench on it, row on it, shrug on it, overhead press on it...

(Jokes)

Well now, don't I feel stupid. I've been checking this multiple times a day and didn't realize there was a second page already. Oh well. Thanks for all the great feedback I really appreciate that. I'll be changing up the routine and posting it again later today or tomorrow. I'm having to take hang cleans and front squat out of the program because I have a bad right arm and the stress on the elbow joint is too much for me to do the form correctly. Any suggestions on replacements? Also, what's wrong with a Smith Machine? It's pretty nice to have that there and not have to worry too much about a spotter (which I rarely have because I normally lift on my own).

Top Bottom