Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Think My Workouts Are Too Long, Help Please.

Just an idea. If you really want to do this template, why not use a gradual buildup of volume then add weight
Ex: Week 1- 3x5 & 6x3
Week 2- 4x5 & 7x3
Week 3- 5x5 & 8x3
Week 4- add weight to lifts n go back to 3x5

Definitely something to think about. I'll prolly give this a try today and see how I like it.

basic compounds for strength (for which either of the 5x5's I posted are excellent), then focus on specific training that will improve your throwing, including practicing throwing. Too much lifting (all that volume) could detract from your goal of improving your throwing.

I'll throw an suggestion also:) Coach Charles Poliquin has a lot of sport specific training, general training techniques for athletes, and proper rotation and progression for different sports. It would be a good idea to check out. Just finished his Ask Coach Poliquin book. Had great articles....even though only about a quarter pertained to me it was full of good info. Also his website has blogs and articles.

First day of workouts is done. It took me about 1 hour, 40 min to complete everything but the plyometric bar tosses (smith machines weren't available at the time, I won't save them for last anymore). Not too bad for everything I did. Didn't feel overly exhausted or tired. Looking forward to what tomorrow has, that's when it'll really count with all the leg lifts I've got setup. I did notice that it felt like I was resting a fuck-ton. Not because I needed it, but because it was suggested to take atleast 2 minutes between sets for my heavy day. If I can get my sets in with about 1 minute rest should I go for it or should I just slow it down and take the full two minutes? On the smaller stuff like Dips and Facepulls I only rested for about a minute (same with the plyometrics, which freakin sucked). Also, I was wondering about whether or not the weight I use on an explosive day is the same as the weight I'd use on a heavy day. I remember someone saying it should be like 50-60% of my 1 rep max for explosive days and start at like 65-75+% of my 1 rep max on the heavier days at the begining of the program and see where it takes me. Any input on these things?

Top Bottom