Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Think My Workouts Are Too Long, Help Please.

The plyo I would rep like your core work....higher for more of A Cardio and endurance unless your doing just for balance and conditioning.
Being out of shape cardiovascularly, just doing the 3x6 is freaking rough. That said, I think it'd be wise for me to keep it like this because I'm only doing the plyometrics to build explosive legs for my throws. A full throw lasts less than 5 seconds and you typically get 4 throws in competition so the conditioning aspect isn't as important to me at the moment. What're your takes on this?

Deads and squats for a month then snatches and front squats for a month, and follow them up with StiffLegDeads and Goodmornings as accessories to work the hams,glutes, and lower back good. A good rotation would be to do a similar exercise on the explosive day. Deads and squats heavy, power cleans and fronts squats speed sets....then switch it up.
Due to having a bad right elbow I've removed the front squat and hang cleans from my exercises. Any suggestions on replacements? Or for now just swap in stiff-leg deadlifts and goodmornings? If I do just swap in the stiff deads and goodmornings, when I switch it up later on (not sure how long down the line, maybe 5-8 weeks?) what should I swap in for the regular Deadlift and Squat?

Do the pendlay rows on strength day. Bent over row on explosive...switch between reverse grip every couple weeks on Bent Over.
Now, the difference between a Pendlay row and a bent over row is just that with the Pendlay rows your completely flat-backed as where with bent over rows your back may be at about a 30-45 degree angle right?

Instead of JM presses twice a week I would swap one out with weighted dips....they are killer and will help build strength.
Think I should do that on my heavy day or my explosive day. As it sits I've swapped it out for the strength day.

Main thing is try it different ways and see what works for you. Change it if needed. Rotation is always good every so often.
How often should I be looking to rotate my lifts?

Thank you very much for all the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Hey there everyone, wanted to take the time to say thank you for all the help you've given me so far. I think I'm just about happy with the setup I've got, mind giving me your opinions on it? Here it is:

Monday (Upper Body- Maximum Strength):
Upper Body- Bench Press (5x5), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (5x5), Pendlay Rows (5x5), Dips (5x5), Face Pulls (4x10)
Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Tuesday (Lower Body- Explosiveness):
Lower Body- Box Squat (8x3), Snatch (8x3), Deadlifts (8x3), Goodmornings (8x3), Stiff-legged Deadlifts (8x3)
Core Work- Russian Twists (3x10), Windshield Wipers (3x10), Weighted Back Extensions (3x10), Weighted Side Bends (3x10), Sit-ups (3x10)

Wednesday (Flexibility):
Flexibility- Yoga?

Thursday (Upper Body- Explosiveness):
Upper Body- Close Grip Bench Press (8x3), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (8x3), Cable Rows (8x3), Bent Over Rows (8x3), Face Pulls (8x3),
Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Inclined Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Friday (Lower Body- Maximum Strength):
Lower Body- Squat (5x5), Snatch (5x5), Deadlifts (5x5), [Feel like I should add something here, similar to the explosiveness day but that may be me trying to do more when I dont need to again.]
Core Work- Russian Twists (3x10), Windshield Wipers (3x10), Weighted Back Extensions (3x10), Weighted Side Bends (3x10), Sit-ups (3x10)​

And just one quick question: Should I be increasing my weight on every set? If so do I do this on both the heavy and the explosive days?

Goodmorning are good exercise and you can do them on explosive day but they are better in the rep range of 5-10. Not much on explosiveness. And on Friday StiffLegDeads if you want to add some but 5*5 on squats,deads, and snatches is gonna be pretty tiring. I would leave the snatches on explosive day only and go heavy on the StiffLegDeads Friday to build up that posterior chain(3*5-10 fairly heavy).

Anyways try it however you want. If it gets to be too much which it seems like it might I would rotate the exercises around like I stated a few posts back.

Your question about weight progression if you're doing it like a traditional 5*5 its your warm up sets, then your working weight straight across(ex. 135*10,185*6,205*2,225 5*5). Increase 5-10 pounds each weak on both explosive and weight days.

I hit heavy sq and dl every Saturday and speed sq and dl every Tuesday and I hit prs all the time. Same with upper body, twice a week min. You must strengthen the lower back to be able to handle the stress.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EliteFitness

I ran a routine for a lil while but I wasn't ready for it yet. More for a advanced lifted. Mon-heavy lower, work up to daily max 1 rep, drop down to 80% and hit 2*3-5, then up to 90% 2*1-3. Cleans, Squats, and Deadlifts. After you complete one exercise you take a ten minute break. It's a good 1.5-2 hours. Tues- explosive upper body. Sets of 3-5 as many as you can do in 15min. Bench, incline, DB OHP, dips. Wed-Off. Thursday- explosive lower. box squats, speed deads, hang cleans, bent Over rows. Friday- heavy upper, bench, close grip, and push press. Same as Monday with lower. Daily max then working sets.

Really great if you have a while in the gym to get proper rests in between sets and exercises but impractical for me.

I hit heavy sq and dl every Saturday and speed sq and dl every Tuesday and I hit prs all the time. Same with upper body, twice a week min. You must strengthen the lower back to be able to handle the stress.

Props to you man. I had a big decrease in performance.

I ran a routine for a lil while but I wasn't ready for it yet. More for a advanced lifted. Mon-heavy lower, work up to daily max 1 rep, drop down to 80% and hit 2*3-5, then up to 90% 2*1-3. Cleans, Squats, and Deadlifts. After you complete one exercise you take a ten minute break. It's a good 1.5-2 hours. Tues- explosive upper body. Sets of 3-5 as many as you can do in 15min. Bench, incline, DB OHP, dips. Wed-Off. Thursday- explosive lower. box squats, speed deads, hang cleans, bent Over rows. Friday- heavy upper, bench, close grip, and push press. Same as Monday with lower. Daily max then working sets.

Really great if you have a while in the gym to get proper rests in between sets and exercises but impractical for me.

I train at a private gym with my training crew, so we dont have to wait for the monolift or other equipment and everything flows smoothly. The training is brutal but effective for producing strength and size. We do alot of prehab and gpp to avoid injuries and improve conditioning.

Top Bottom