Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Think My Workouts Are Too Long, Help Please.

I'm 21- I got a log up in the Weights n weight lifting section called size strength n awesomeness.
Food-yes nutrition dialed in.
Rest- I sleep 9 hours a night.

I just find I get more out of separating deadlifts and squats on different days that's what I meant by I have a decrease.

Your question about weight progression if you're doing it like a traditional 5*5 its your warm up sets, then your working weight straight across(ex. 135*10,185*6,205*2,225 5*5). Increase 5-10 pounds each weak on both explosive and weight days.

Alright, now how about the exercises that aren't being done as 5x5 (mostly on the explosive days)? Should I be upping the weight on every set (I mean sometime's there's 8 sets which could become alot of added weight unless I did mulitple sets at one weight then went up)? I've also moved my Goodmornings and Stiff-legged Deadlifts to Friday (as well as leaving snatch only on the explosive day). How's that sound?

Also, in terms of rest time anyone care to give me a figure? Will it be the same time on the days I'm giong heavy vs the days I'm focusing on speed/explosiveness (I would imagine it'd be different I just don't know how different)?

I'm 21- I got a log up in the Weights n weight lifting section called size strength n awesomeness.
Food-yes nutrition dialed in.
Rest- I sleep 9 hours a night.

I just find I get more out of separating deadlifts and squats on different days that's what I meant by I have a decrease.

Ok gotcha.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EliteFitness

Alright, now how about the exercises that aren't being done as 5x5 (mostly on the explosive days)? Should I be upping the weight on every set (I mean sometime's there's 8 sets which could become alot of added weight unless I did mulitple sets at one weight then went up)? I've also moved my Goodmornings and Stiff-legged Deadlifts to Friday (as well as leaving snatch only on the explosive day). How's that sound?

Also, in terms of rest time anyone care to give me a figure? Will it be the same time on the days I'm giong heavy vs the days I'm focusing on speed/explosiveness (I would imagine it'd be different I just don't know how different)?

No same weight all the way through. Ex. 225# 8*3 one week. Then 235# 8*3 next and if you can't hit them all, fail or stall repeat next week till all eight go up with good form then progress from there. Rest times on explosive day should be fairly short 1min or so. On the heavy days you may need 2-3 min between sets, sometime as much as 5 when people get high in there progression.

Sent from my PG86100 using EliteFitness

Thanks a ton themondtster. How does it sound with me keeping snatch only on the explosive day and moving the goodmornings and the stiff-legged deadlifts to Friday with my heavy leg day? Therefore this would be the further modified "new" routine:

Monday (Upper Body- Maximum Strength):
Upper Body- Bench Press (5x5), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (5x5), Pendlay Rows (5x5), Dips (5x5), Face Pulls (4x10)
Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Tuesday (Lower Body- Explosiveness):
Lower Body- Box Squat (8x3), Snatch (8x3), Deadlifts (8x3), Stiff-legged Deadlifts (8x3)
Core Work- Russian Twists (3x10), Windshield Wipers (3x10), Weighted Back Extensions (3x10), Weighted Side Bends (3x10), Sit-ups (3x10)

Wednesday (Flexibility):
Flexibility- Yoga?

Thursday (Upper Body- Explosiveness):
Upper Body- Close Grip Bench Press (8x3), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (8x3), Cable Rows (8x3), Bent Over Rows (8x3), Face Pulls (8x3),
Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Inclined Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Friday (Lower Body- Maximum Strength):
Lower Body- Squat (5x5), Deadlifts (5x5), Stiff-legged Deadlifts (5x5), Goodmornings (4x5-6)
Core Work- Russian Twists (3x10), Windshield Wipers (3x10), Weighted Back Extensions (3x10), Weighted Side Bends (3x10), Sit-ups (3x10)

Not too sure if I should aim to keep the goodmornings on the explosive day and just change it from 8x3 to something like 4x6. Not too sure how my back is gonna feel on the heavy day after the squat/deadlifts haha. Prolly save the stiff-legged deadlifts for last.

Now that I'm thinking about it, in terms of the order of completion I should be aiming for (provided waiting for cages/racks/weights/etc... isn't a problem) I should just aim to tackle the biggest, most taxing lifts first right? Then fill in with the less stressing ones? Thanks again to everyone who's taking the time to help me I can't wait to have this set in stone and start it up Monday.

Thanks a ton themondtster. How does it sound with me keeping snatch only on the explosive day and moving the goodmornings and the stiff-legged deadlifts to Friday with my heavy leg day? Therefore this would be the further modified "new" routine:

Monday (Upper Body- Maximum Strength):
Upper Body- Bench Press (5x5), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (5x5), Pendlay Rows (5x5), Dips (5x5), Face Pulls (4x10)
Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Tuesday (Lower Body- Explosiveness):
Lower Body- Box Squat (8x3), Snatch (8x3), Deadlifts (8x3), Stiff-legged Deadlifts (8x3)

Wednesday (Flexibility):
Flexibility- Yoga?

Thursday (Upper Body- Explosiveness):
Upper Body- Close Grip Bench Press (8x3), Military Press w/ Smith Machine (8x3), Cable Rows (8x3), Bent Over Rows (8x3), Face Pulls (8x3),
Plyometrics- Lateral Box Jumps (3x6), Forward Double Leg Jumps (3x6), Single Leg Tuck Jumps (3x6), Plyometric Inclined Bar Tosses w/ Smith Machine (3x6)

Friday (Lower Body- Maximum Strength):
Lower Body- Squat (5x5), Deadlifts (5x5), Stiff-legged Deadlifts (5x5), Goodmornings (4x5-6)

Not too sure if I should aim to keep the goodmornings on the explosive day and just change it from 8x3 to something like 4x6. Not too sure how my back is gonna feel on the heavy day after the squat/deadlifts haha. Prolly save the stiff-legged deadlifts for last.

Now that I'm thinking about it, in terms of the order of completion I should be aiming for (provided waiting for cages/racks/weights/etc... isn't a problem) I should just aim to tackle the biggest, most taxing lifts first right? Then fill in with the less stressing ones? Thanks again to everyone who's taking the time to help me I can't wait to have this set in stone and start it up Monday.

Just an idea. If you really want to do this template, why not use a gradual buildup of volume then add weight
Ex: Week 1- 3x5 & 6x3
Week 2- 4x5 & 7x3
Week 3- 5x5 & 8x3
Week 4- add weight to lifts n go back to 3x5

Top Bottom