Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

I have a friend who trains just like him. He walks into the gym and does whatever he feels like doing that day. He doesn't care, as long as it hurts and it's heavy. Squats and deads over 800 lbs, so I guess it works.

RusPA81 said:

Beast if I may offer some advice:

It would probably work better if you stuck to either working really heavy or doing reps. When you do a lot of reps to failure before you go heavy you expend a lot of energy which could have been saved for the heavy weight. If you just concentrated on the heavy weight and skipped the stuff in between you would be able to go a lot heavier, thus making the heavy reps more productive. High reps are really taxing. Now, if you want to concentrate on the reps that is cool too, just dont try to set max PR's because you have lost to much strength on the previous sets. I used to do many sets too, and I found that my gains were much better when I focused on either the reps or the weight. Just a thought. Your numbers are still impressive nonetheless. Great work bro.

ThanX Rus!! I appreciate the advice. I really feel the one rep work doesnt wear me out, especially since its done at the end of my routine. Ive most likely set any rep PR's I can by that point. So Im just having a little fun. I dont think it weakens my future workouts either (CNS burnout) , though I could be wrong. Next month I will focus on max, but still plan to rep out affter Im done maxing. But it will be secondary. It may have an effect that I cant see though. Ill have to play it out and see what happens in the following months.ThanX again brother!!

slobberknocker said:
Beast's routine really blurs the line between genius and insanity. It's insane because look at it: it just is. But it's genius because it FREAKING WORKS. He's strong as hell. If he's getting results from training this way, there's no way he should even think about changing a thing. :)

ThanX brother!!! I get in my own little fucking twisted world haha. I aspire to reach your level one day! Im sure there will come a time where I will have to change things again, maybe even drastically. ThanX brother your words mean ALOT to me!!!!

WalkingBeast said:

ThanX Rus!! I appreciate the advice. I really feel the one rep work doesnt wear me out, especially since its done at the end of my routine. Ive most likely set any rep PR's I can by that point. So Im just having a little fun. I dont think it weakens my future workouts either (CNS burnout) , though I could be wrong. Next month I will focus on max, but still plan to rep out affter Im done maxing. But it will be secondary. It may have an effect that I cant see though. Ill have to play it out and see what happens in the following months.ThanX again brother!!

Just experiment. Thats the only way to find out how your body reacts to things like that. What I posted was just what I noticed with myself.

Over years of training you just get an unspoken feel for your body. It's not something you can learn in a book or on a message board. Just comes from experience. Just trust your instincts, and do what feels right to you.

RusPA81 said:

Just experiment. Thats the only way to find out how your body reacts to things like that. What I posted was just what I noticed with myself.

I appreciate it!! Im always trying to figure this shit out!! Sometimes it makes NO sense to me at all. Sometimes Ill be heavier when Im barely eating, other times Ill be weakest the days I feel my strongest, and strangest of all Ive been 185 for a few years now, but with some major increases in inches and strength , and bodyfat appears the same WTF?? This shit really baffles me. ThanX Rus!!

slobberknocker said:
Over years of training you just get an unspoken feel for your body. It's not something you can learn in a book or on a message board. Just comes from experience. Just trust your instincts, and do what feels right to you.

awesome advice brutha!! tb

slobberknocker said:

AMEN brother!!!! I agree 100% Thats the ultimate piece of advice right there...

slobberknocker said:
I have a friend who trains just like him. He walks into the gym and does whatever he feels like doing that day. He doesn't care, as long as it hurts and it's heavy. Squats and deads over 800 lbs, so I guess it works.

ThanX bro!! Your posts have a way of sneaking behind my responses hahahahaha I wish I had you beasts as friends!!:alien:

WalkingBeast said:

ThanX bro!! Your posts have a way of sneaking behind my responses hahahahaha I wish I had you beasts as friends!!:alien:

Well, you've got me as a friend. ;)

And Cory would love you. He loves crazy people, lol. Today at the gym he thought he was in the Matrix. He lays down on the bench and goes "We bench for you!" Then proceeds to do super slow motion bench presses, like the slo-mo scenes in Matrix.

:D

Top Bottom