Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 Muscle group....1 Machine = sucks !!!!!

C0LUMB0

Long story short , I have bicep tendonesis or itis ...whatever.

ANY pressing on the flat or incline with BB or DB's causes extreme pain in right shoulder region .
Direct shoulder work is out of the question.

Trained on it for 5 weeks light then rested totally for past 3-4 weeks.
yesterday was first day to hit chest and tried some light DB press - could still feel a tinge,fuck !!!

The only saving grace is that i can use the upright chest press machine with no issues ( keeping elbows higher that wrists on the horizontal. )

I can sit there for 45 minutes banging out 15 sets for 10 reps with weight based on my 20 rep max.
Pump is great , but i am open to changing the set/rep range or hearing any alternative methods which will stimulate growth.

More rest is probably what is required but i will ignore those replies for the moment :biggrin:

K hits and free juice for all input ;)

have you added in all the various rotator cuff exercises as well as copious amounts of mobility work? Sometimes the key is in working on the "small stuff" and letting the big movements go for a bit. Most people neglect their rotator cuffs and have some pretty heavy imbalances, especially those who have made heavy use of machines in their training.

Chronic Tendonitis can often be caused by lack of mobility/imbalances causing various connective tissues to get pulled at less than optimal angles or even rub on various things they arent supposed to.

Physio has given me a resistive band to work the internal and external rotation of the cuff.

TBH I havent use it as much as i should.

I used to do rotation work with a DB prior to benching but i let that slip and that has likely caused an imbalance or just a defeciency in the rotator cuff.

Still on the vit c and lyseine bro.

With the clowns @ my gym sittng there for 45 minutes yields 2 "sets"

You have a fairly common problem I would work on my shoulders and especially my rotator cuff. You have to look over your routine and stay away from anything that will hurt your shoulders. Forget about heavy presses, behind the neck press, barbell bench presses etc. Might want to try some static holds for the shoulders nothing heavy, you need to rehab the shoulders before you do much of anything. Not something you can just work through because your shoulders are involved in so many lifts. You might have to just take a long rest and work yourself back in a couple of months down the road.

190 views and 3 replies ...i'm gonna ban every fucker that reads this thread and does not reply :evilking:

A lot of replies said "stop being such a pussy & man up" so I deleted them.

I got your back.

I have the same problem bro... I took a month off still did cardio an super light shoulder exercises with 5lb dumbells everyday religiously its just now getting to where I can bench press with the bb. its def helped me out alot. The more blood u get pumpin thru ur shoulder the quicker it will heal but it will take time. Just start over an do light weight on everything once u feel a little better. Hop this helps bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

I can't use the flat bar for curls...

but an ez will allow me to do any weight (that i can do) and as many reps..

doctor say "If it hurts to do this, don't do that"

sorry, sucks getting old don't it..

Top Bottom