Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who's competing, and When? Get in here!

sdupdike

Ok, I know several of you are in competition prep mode right now, but could we get a list of everyone, all in one thread? Who's competing, when & where is it? How are you doing in your prep?

My comp is this Saturday. Earlier on in my dieting/training, I thought, wow, this isn't that hard. The diet wasn't that bad once I found my "groove". Then the last 2 weeks, I've been miserable! I'm having the worst sweet cravings. All I can think about right now is the food that I'm going to eat this weekend after the show! My mind is telling me that I should be careful so I don't blow up, but I know I will not be able to control myself. I'm planning on doing another show, a bigger more established show, August 27, so I can't go crazy and throw away everything I've worked hard for. (But I still plan on being at Golden Corral for the breakfast buffet when they open Sunday morning!)

Anyway, that was my little pre-comp rant. I'm getting nervous.

Next?

Sassy, Miss24K, JensCat, Ischia, MrsJnuts? Who else is competing?

My comps are NPC Steel World, July 2 (small local show, non-qualifier)
Heart of Dixie, August 27 (national qualifier)

Last edited:
Hi ya Sdup!!

Congrats on the competing, I wish you the best of luck!!!

Here are the dates and names of my comps:

July 9th: Bridgewater, NJ X-Calibur (national qualifier)
July 16th: Brick, NJ -Gold's Muscle Beach (Local show non-qualifier)

Dont give into the sweets!! Hang in there!!! You can do this!! ;)

Ischia :heart:

Hello and Good luck on your up-coming show!! Don't give in to the dark side, its only 2 weeks away :)

My next show is July 16th, Super Physique NPC
Figure (regional show)

August ??? -- trainer wants me to do a show in August, but I don't know when/where

Sept 24th: Natural Nor'Easter, Kahunaville, Wilm. DE

I'm competing July 23 - Los Angeles Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Championships (NQ) in Culver City, CA

and possibly August 20 - Pacific USA Bodybuilding and Figure Championships in Anaheim, CA.

My fiance and I have already started a list of things I'm going to shamelessly stuff my face with in July 24-25 :)

Hi all.
I'm new and I would like to get some advice if possible. I have been traning for four months now and I'd like to comepete in July or August. I eat very clean like chicken, tuna, beef, greens and gallon water daily or more. I'm now at 12%bf 156lb 5'8.3/4". However, I would like to get down to atlease 5-6-7bf% for competition day. Can it be possible to loose half of my bf in 4 weeks? I am willing to do just about anything but I don't want to hurt myself. I see most of the ladies on this board are experianced.
Smils & Sunshine.

I train 6 days a week with trainner and
cardio everyday 30,45,30,45,30,45,30 minutes.
Will take anything like supplements or a merical. smile.

BuffyBaby said:
Hi all.
I'm new and I would like to get some advice if possible. I have been traning for four months now and I'd like to comepete in July or August. I eat very clean like chicken, tuna, beef, greens and gallon water daily or more. I'm now at 12%bf 156lb 5'8.3/4". However, I would like to get down to atlease 5-6-7bf% for competition day. Can it be possible to loose half of my bf in 4 weeks? I am willing to do just about anything but I don't want to hurt myself. I see most of the ladies on this board are experianced.
Smils & Sunshine.

I train 6 days a week with trainner and
cardio everyday 30,45,30,45,30,45,30 minutes.
Will take anything like supplements or a merical. smile.

What kind of competiton do you want to do? From wanting to be 5-7% bf I would assume bodybuilding?

buffbaby -- for Figure you need to be around 10-12%. 5-7% is something you will only see in national level bodybuilding and even at the IFBB level they have now mandated that the ladies be 20% "softer".

Figure is definitely all about the training, etc, however a much larger part than BB is the presentation. Also the reality is that judges are going to be fairly subjective in their judging criteria regardless of what guidelines are posted. Generally you don't want to be too lean or hard. You want to be feminine, symmetrical and proportional. The suits, hair, nails, etc. all need to be nice.

If you want to start your own thread on this so you can get responses specific to you and not buried in other discussion on this thread. If you are at 12% now for a show in 4+ weeks, you should be right on track. Start working less on bodyfat % but how you look. Are you doing a carb rotation or how is your body responding to your diet - have you been steadily dropping bodyfat? Or is it time to change up the diet? Especially the last 1-2 weeks you'll see amazing changes in your body that are slow coming, but when they do, they come quickly.

Also check out the stickie "So you want to compete" at the top of the board.

Top Bottom