Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat PR

view said:
i haven't gone past 315 on squats in a while. form only does so much for joints -- sometimes you need the 'lightweight babeeeeeeeyyy!'

tell that to the people squatting 1000+ with no knee problems

androjunkie said:
I got 345 last night! I'm well on my way to 405. I went deep too, a little past a 90 degree angle. Once I hit 405 I think I'll stay there I don't want to wind up with bad knees later on in life. That was my 4th set by the way. Then after that I repped 235 for 20 reps.

do you squat with the wide "powerlifter" type stance?

or are you a half squatter :p

good job on the 345, plus the bros are right, when you get to 405, you will want 495 worse than you want 405.

crak600 said:
awesome job! i'm hoping to get 345+ by the end of the year. nothing like hitting a squat PR to boost the ego a little ;)
Amen to that! Everytime I get a new PR it makes me feel great for the next few weeks. Thanks for all the support I worked my ass off to get where I am now. When I started lifting 2 1/2 yrs ago, I couldn't even squat 135. I was the smallest guy in my gym at 6' 150lbs. Now I'm 215lbs(lost a couple of pounds from the flu) It makes me feel good when I haven't seen people in a few years and they're shocked when they see me now. Most of the people I used to know remember me as the sucked up pill junkie. NOT ANYMORE! All because I keep KILLING THAT SHIT!! :chomp:

super_rice said:
do you squat with the wide "powerlifter" type stance?

or are you a half squatter :p

good job on the 345, plus the bros are right, when you get to 405, you will want 495 worse than you want 405.
No half squats here. I always go a little past parallel. Lately I've been going ass to grass but I'm not sure thats such a wise idea.

androjunkie said:
No half squats here. I always go a little past parallel. Lately I've been going ass to grass but I'm not sure thats such a wise idea.
actually that is the best way to squat..do you or have you ever had bad knees? you can tear a lig from squatting 135 even if you can handle 500..i have a bum knee (old hockey injury) and i can tell you theres is no limit on my squat other than what can be achieved through hardwork and a little test lol..if i were you i wouldnt limit yourself unless like i said youve got serious pain..what i have been doing is wrapping my knees when i get to my heavier sets..i used to think wraps were for 500+ pound squats but theres nothing wrong with using wraps for the heavy sets for extra protection..congrats on the pr!!!

Top Bottom