Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat PR

androjunkie

I got 345 last night! I'm well on my way to 405. I went deep too, a little past a 90 degree angle. Once I hit 405 I think I'll stay there I don't want to wind up with bad knees later on in life. That was my 4th set by the way. Then after that I repped 235 for 20 reps.

androjunkie said:
I got 345 last night! I'm well on my way to 405. I went deep too, a little past a 90 degree angle. Once I hit 405 I think I'll stay there I don't want to wind up with bad knees later on in life. That was my 4th set by the way. Then after that I repped 235 for 20 reps.

congrats on the PR

sigh :rolleyes: to the not going past 405 because you dont want bad knees

If you squat properly you wont have bad knees

crew9 said:
congrats on the PR

sigh :rolleyes: to the not going past 405 because you dont want bad knees

If you squat properly you wont have bad knees
It's just that it seems like all I ever hear is about all the injuries caused by extreme heavy weights. I know good form will help prevent that but I still worry about it.

SAGAT said:
believe me, once get to 405, you WILL want to go past it :D
I don't doubt that. But unless someone can convince me that I won't wind up with arthiritis, or a torn ligament, etc. I won't allow myself to do it.

androjunkie said:
I don't doubt that. But unless someone can convince me that I won't wind up with arthiritis, or a torn ligament, etc. I won't allow myself to do it.

I have arthritis and I've had torn ligaments. None of these came from lifting, they happened prior to. Squatting, with good form, has helped my knees tremendously.

i haven't gone past 315 on squats in a while. form only does so much for joints -- sometimes you need the 'lightweight babeeeeeeeyyy!'

awesome job! i'm hoping to get 345+ by the end of the year. nothing like hitting a squat PR to boost the ego a little ;)

congrats on the PR. but like sagat said "once you hit 405, you WILL want to go past it."
keep hitting it hard, and you will be there soon.

Top Bottom