Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

special forces selection

musclebosun

I am currentley training for a transfer into the special forces. This involves a shitload of weight training, running and pack hiking. In recent weeks i have noticed my right knee is starting to ache during the runs and during rest periods. I can't afford to back off my training [nor do i really want to]. Any ideas on what could be causing the pain and any solutions? [other than stopping my training] :evil: :evil:

where does it ache in your knee? is it swolen? what hurts the most, impact, bending, etc? how severe is the pain? does your knee buckle? Can you pivot, or shift directions? What type of weight training are you doing for it, if any? what type of terrain do you run in, and what type of running sprints, distance?

I have had reconstructive Acl and Lateral Miniscus surgery awhile ago, I am also suffering from possible strained ITB and LCL on my other knee now, so I do not speak for any type of doctor, just as someone with alot of expereince with fucking his knees up ;)
Good luck

no swelling. Constant dull ache in the lower section of my knee that sort of wraps round the outside of my knee to the back of the knee. Hurts more when I run. Unfortunatley, theirs not alot of grass in sydney so 98%of my running is on concrete but i always wear top quality shoes. Gym work for legs involve squats [not good i know] leg extensions, and laying leg extensions. thinkin of changin out my running for cycling [works same muscles with no impact] and starting to wear some sort of knee support in the gym. any other suggestions? Does the knee pain sound similar to anything you had?

My pain was alot of sharp pain, that involved alot of buckling, and feeling of slippage of my platella. If your knee hasnt buckled at all then I would say you have a good chance of nothing to serious! If you can I would deffinatly do some sort of low impact cardio to keep you going, try moutain bike riding, should be really challenging. if knee extensions arent bothoring you that much, and squats are tightening it up really bad when you go deep, then its probably just aches and pains, and with a change of pace type of cardio, it might help out alot...hope that helps bro, and good luck.

if you are training up for an indoc (which is safe to assume) stop running and rehab your knee. it might only need a couple of days, try it, couldnt hurt.

I am familiar with this type of training. I would suggest you get in prime shape by doing all of your running off-road (vs hard surfaces) with the rucksack on. That way you'll kill two birds with one stone, plus from what I understand that is what you'll be doing a lot of during land nav anyway.

I'd also skip the weights and concentrate on pushups, chinups and dips.

Top Bottom