Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about cardion in the a.m.

Lynette

Question about cardio in the a.m.

On my cardio days I typically eat 6 egg whites at around 6.15am, and then do my cardio at 9.15am.

I know everyone always says do your cardio on an empty stomach, but the fact that I eat just pure protein and then train three hours later, is this okay?

Last edited:
Re: Question about cardio in the a.m.

Lynette said:
On my cardio days I typically eat 6 egg whites at around 6.15am, and then do my cardio at 9.15am.

I know everyone always says do your cardio on an empty stomach, but the fact that I eat just pure protein and then train three hours later, is this okay?

IMO, pure protein eaten by itself is a waste of food. I would throw in at least 1 yolk or some other type of fat.

It shouldn't matter with cardio unless you're lifting at the same time. But why are you waiting 3 hours after you wake up to do cardio on an empty stomach?

I'd say it's better to do the cardio on an empty tyummy, regardless of where the calories are coming from, and eating once you get home. Though if you're eating 3 or so hours before doing your cardio your tummy should be pretty empty anyhow. Could you possibly go to the gym at 6:15 instead of 9:15 and eat right afterwards? I know it's hard to get there early like that but it's also nice to have it done with.

I've got a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old so I couldn't leave the house at that time to go to the gym. Guess I'll have to figure something else out

Like Ashley said, I would eat 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg. You could even eat a little carb - like veggies mixed in with the eggs.

If you don't eat anything else the rest of the morning, your tummy should be quite empty for the cardio at 9ish.

^^ What Daisy said. Again the point of living a healthy fit lifestyle is to live one that fits the rest of your life. Just eggs woudl've easily been processed within 3 hrs.

I know mine isn't the popular opinion, but I say do your cardio when you have time to & when you can actually do it...... I'm NOT a morning person & don't like doing cardio in the morning & don't put the effort into it when I do.....

But definitely have some fat in with your first meal, such as 1 yolk, little olive oil, etc....

so why is it ok to have Protein + fats? and not just protein???
and other then the food before cardio, how about protein in general? so what you are all saying is even when I have my P.Shakes I should ALWAYS add a fat?

alycat said:
so why is it ok to have Protein + fats? and not just protein???
and other then the food before cardio, how about protein in general? so what you are all saying is even when I have my P.Shakes I should ALWAYS add a fat?

I don't know the answer, but I read somewhere on the board that you shouldn't have a carb & fat together....I'm confused too :rolleyes:

Top Bottom