Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Personal Training Session #1

highoctane

Well. I broke down about a week ago and decided to snag 3 training sessions that were on special at my gym. Basically because my workouts consist of cardio, and that's about it. It always worked for me up until now...and I suppose I have now reached the point where it's just not enough and I can't achieve the results I want without weight/strength training.

Anyways, my assessment was last week. The results were as follows: 135lbs, 28.4%BF. Goal: 125lbs, 25%BF (for now).

Today was my first training session with him. I fully admit that up until now I have not been extremely knowledgeable in strength training so the advice from a trainer probably was a pretty smart thing for me to do. Due to my lack of this activity in the past he started me on machine circuit training and suggested twice a week. It's as follows:

1. Incline press: 3 sets, 12 reps.
2. Leg extension: 3 sets, 12 reps.
3. Seated row: 3 sets, 12 reps.
4. Hamstring curl: 3 sets, 12 reps.
5. Reverse dip press: 3 sets, 12 reps.
6. Calf raise on step: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.
7. Dumbell curls: 3 sets, 12 reps.
8. Knee raises: 3 sets, 20 reps.
9. Lower back machine: 3 sets, 15 reps.
10. Shoulder press: 3 sets, 12 reps.
11. Ball squat: 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

So this is where I'm starting. Circuit training twice a week. On top of that I would like to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu three times a week...can't right now because it too long to recover, so I'll go as often as my body allows. And then the rest of the time continuous cardio (which I love), so either a 45 minute run, or a 20 minute run and 30 minutes on the stairmaster.

Comments? :qt:

high-o....this is a very "basic", very beginner, routine...its also safe for the bodys entire system....meaning low risk of injury and low risk of getting sick, ie:sometimes starting into a streniuos work regime, people will get colds or flu-like symptoms from releasing toxins that have built up and using full lung capacities etc etc...did he say how long he would have you on this routine???...dont overdo the cardio while getting use to this...

Top Bottom