Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Performance Stack Log

Jayfro72

Ok,
I got some advice last week on an "OTC" stack. "Natural" might be a reach but here is what I put together.
I will start the stack monday and it looks like this...
Phtyoserms-347 1AM/1PM
Gw-50 (unique)-5mgAM/5mgPM for my rats
Creatine HCL 1500mg AM with Shake
Beta Alanine 1500mg AM/1500mg PM
N2 Guard cuz it looks like a great multi in general

Mini PCT N2 Bridge
I'm a crossfitter but like to lift heavy too.
Did some max lifts, and 2 of my favorite crossfit benchmark workouts this week and we'll see where I land in 60 days.
Fran- For time 21-15-9 reps of thrusters at 95lbs and pull-ups- 4:03
Helen- 3 rounds for time 400m run, 21 KB swings (53lb) 12 pull-ups- 8:33
Bench- 3rm 240
Back Squat- 3rm 255
Deadlift- 3rm 380
I'm 6'3, weigh 200 and I'm 40
Diet is pretty good, weekends not so much
I crossfit 3/4 days a week and lift heavy once a week. My goal is strength and to break through a few plateaus. I also want to see if I can increase a little overall volume
Any suggestions are appreciated and if you want to follow I'll keep a log for the next 60 days
I also got a blood test and will have before and after to post (test).
If anyone is interested I'll keep posting as I get going.

Day 1- If anyone is checking in, here is how it went. I'll get more detailed as the days go on.
First day was fairly uneventful as you might expect.
Followed my AM/PM protocol. Ate well through out the day.
AM work out was a 20 minute met-con, pull ups, ring dips and a 1 mile farmers carry with a 35lb kettle bell.
Tomorrow is a heavy day, bench, squat, dead-lift and some heavy clean and jerks if i have the juice.
It's 10:30 and I am ready to sleep!
I got blood work done just to see if test booster works but haven't gotten it back.

Cheers!

Day 2
Followed AM/PM protocol. Ate a giant breakfast, eggs, bacon, grits, whole wheat toast and a protein shake. Lunch was a little more sensible, green salad with two chicken breasts and a big glass of chocolate milk. Shake mid afternoon. Dinner, broiled salmon, quinoa and broccoli.
Worked out late in the afternoon. Had a pre work out drink beforehand which I really only drink if I'm only lifting. They make my heart rate too high to dive into crossfit workouts.
I'm not feeling anything crazy but I did feel well rested and ready to workout today!
Bench- 5 sets of 5- @215lb on the first 3 and @225lb on the last 2
10 pull ups between every set
Squat-5 sets of 5- @235lb on the first 3 and @245lb on the last 2
10 pull ups between sets
Dead lift- 5 sets of 5-@255lb
10 pull ups between each set.
Finished with some heavy squat cleans 7 total reps @225.
So I worked out hard @ a good pace and heavy for a tall skinny guy like me and felt good. It's 10pm and I'm still wide awake. probably the 3pm pre workout drink.
If anyone is paying attention I'll keep posting. It's providing a good log for me regardless.
Looking forward to a great one tomorrow... running, squat cleans, handstand pushups with a muscle-up cash out!
That shit gets me psyched:)

Cheers!

Day 3-
Dosed as normal...AM @ 7 and PM @3
Ate 3 eggs, Whole wheat toast, cup of yogurt with granola and a shake for Breakfast. Had 2 buffalo dogs with chili, onion, tomato, and pickle (no bun) for lunch.
Protein bar pre workout and a shake afterwards. No dinner yet
So day three and I'm feeling really good. I woke up rested, ate well and felt really recovered from yesterday... like really recovered. The WOD today normally would have killed me because I did heavy squats and cleans yesterday but I killed it!
My back was screaming on my 3rd set of squat cleans but I was able to power through and do HSPUs un-broken the whole WOD.
I will say on day 3 I can feel a noticeable difference in my over all energy level and state of mind...
Could be that day 3 "I really want this shit to work placebo effect" but an hour after a tough workout and I still feel great!
No inexplicable boners yet tho
After only 3 days, I'd say the GW has already kicked the research subject in the pants a little.
I'm ready for tomorrow

Cheers!

Day 4
Day 4 is a a normal rest day. I usually work out MTWFS. I usually rest by running, playing basketball or playing tennis.
I played basketball for about an hour at lunch today.
Still feeling good. I feel like Ive been sleeping like a rock the last few nights. And again today I feel recovered.
Tomorrow is a heavy shoulder day followed by a quick met-con.

Cheers!

Just a quick note as the day starts...
I am and have always been a borderline insomniac. I was very nervous that the stack would keep me up at night but my experience so far has been the exact opposite.
I have felt energized throughout the day and by about 10:30 I just crash. I'm sleeping very well also. I woke up this morning @ 6 and feel great!
My only complaint so far is that something I'm taking seems to have a diuretic effect. I'm peeing a ton.
Ill work out mid morning.

Cheers!

Just a quick note as the day starts...
I am and have always been a borderline insomniac. I was very nervous that the stack would keep me up at night but my experience so far has been the exact opposite.
I have felt energized throughout the day and by about 10:30 I just crash. I'm sleeping very well also. I woke up this morning @ 6 and feel great!
My only complaint so far is that something I'm taking seems to have a diuretic effect. I'm peeing a ton.
Ill work out mid morning.

Cheers!

Good log bro ill be following this for sure :)

Labcorp Results- Total T- 705ng/dl, Free T -12.5pg/ml.
Test is not low so I'm not sure what kind of increase I can expect over the next 7 weeks.
My, sleep, diet and exercise are also improving considerably as I do this (self experimentation) which I think can improve test levels significantly.
Point being end results and reasons for those results could probably be subjective.
I could also say, this whole thing is helping drive me to hold a little higher standard which can slide for sure when you are 40, married, working a lot and have 3 kids!

I'm off to the gym and I will say, I feel awesome overall.
I'm motivated if anything

Cheers!

Day 5-
Day 5 followed normal AM/PM
Ate Oatmeal with eggs and 2 apples. Had a Shake mid morning and managed a turkey sandwich and a salad for lunch. Had a protein bar pre work out and a starbucks venti pikes place black.
Now the fun part. I had about an hour and twenty minutes for my afternoon work out. I had planned on the following...
5 sets 7 push press (barbell) working toward max load.
5 sets of 5 dumbbell snatch @70lbs performed between push press.
5 sets of 5 sumo deadlift high pulls working to max load.
Finish with an easy 1.5 mile jog.
That was the plan. By the end of the last set of SDHP I was feeling amazing! I felt like I could keep going for the rest of the evening.
I went back to the dumbbells and started a one rep snatch ladder. I ended snatching 100lbs with each arm. After that I found myself doing weighted pull ups with a 35lb KB and descended 10-9-8 down to 1.
Then I jogged my 1.5 miles... and was bummed it was time to leave.
In combination, this is working out very nicely so far. I feel strong mentally and physically and there is no doubt my stamina in the gym is way up in just 5 days. Pretty unexpected!
I'm off today, gonna try to lift tomorrow.
Next week is 4 WODS and 1 Heavy day.

Cheers!

Top Bottom