Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My workout log

skinyfatguy said:
good work..u may want to try like a speed bench workout on tues and heavy on sat..that split helpd me a ton..what are your goals for ur bench and deadlifts?

My bench days are monday and thursday- my last cycle had an ME day with boards and a speed day but i'm trying a different routine that a number of people from my forum are using and having success with. I noticed that raw, i'm still very weak off the bottom, so i want to try something else. There's no direct tricep work on this routine just a lot of declines to hit the tris.
I've never competed with my shirt yet and i don't have a lot of help with it- so my goal is just to hit over 200 at a meet (i've gotten 205 in the gym). Deadlift- i won't compete with it till i can get back closer to 300 again.
g
http://www.weightliftingdiscussion.com/cgi-bin/wdb.cgi

How was the turn out for this year's YMCA meet? Lots of people?

i think lord suston entered just to beat me... that guy has some serious pressing power though

Iron for life said:
How was the turn out for this year's YMCA meet? Lots of people?

i think lord suston entered just to beat me... that guy has some serious pressing power though

:)
I think there were less people there this time than last. One less female, and probably the same amoount of guys that are most likely members of the gym (or live in the area, which was predominantly asian), and nobody from here that has said anything.
I'll announce it here when they have another one- the guy said in november they will.
g

Last november I actually asked the guy if he would have full meet, and he said that there is no interest for it..... too bad!

Are you that jacked girl with big triceps? Or someone else? What did you lift in November?

My bench is actually lower than it was in November, im just getting back into bench specific training :( :( This looks like a nice log keep it up

Iron for life said:
Last november I actually asked the guy if he would have full meet, and he said that there is no interest for it..... too bad!

Are you that jacked girl with big triceps? Or someone else? What did you lift in November?

My bench is actually lower than it was in November, im just getting back into bench specific training :( :( This looks like a nice log keep it up

I got there early and talked to the guy running it, who knows nothing about powerlifting, only olympic lifting. I told him how most meets were run (where you wouldn't take your second attempt immediately after your first) and that he should get side spotters for at least the heavier benchers and that the lifter should at LEAST be required to keep his feet on the FLOOR, not on the PEGS!!! lol. that was all news to him.
anyway... There were three women there last time- 1 woman who went first and missed her last attempt of 100 and 2 with red curly hair who rotated with eachother when lifting. I was the one of them. My best that day was 155. this is me:
http://go.to/jayde
I don't think i'm the one you're thinking of- the other redhead had a tshirt on and is more cut than i am.
I severely dislocated my arm 2 weeks later, so i didn't think i'd be able to compete for a year at all, but i got 10lbs more this time.
g

Last edited:
ME bench, week 3

I was originally planning on sticking to the same amount as last week, cause i knew a 5 pound jump would be too much and i discovered the high price of fractional plates. but then i had a stroke of genius and went to the sporting goods store and bought wrist/ankle weights. They are the kind that strap on with velcro and these have little metal weights in little pockets in them that make each one total 2lbs, but you can remove the weights to make they weigh less. I figured I could put one on each end of the bar or in the middle to add up to an additional 4lbs, or just jump to the small plates to add 5. So, even though last week was pretty hard, i could add just a LITTLE more this week...

Raw Bench:
142 x 6
141 x 6 (probably a mental thing but i thought i needed to lose that pound)
122 x 8

Lat pulldowns:
110 x 10 x 3

hammer strength seated shoulder press:
50 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

shrugs:
185 x 10 x 3

home.

Very nice, thinking outside of the box to get the job done. You must have done something really bad to sprain SI joint. Maybe this next mett I will try to get some number up in the high 3's

Lord_Suston said:
Very nice, thinking outside of the box to get the job done. You must have done something really bad to sprain SI joint. Maybe this next mett I will try to get some number up in the high 3's

Honestly, I'm not sure how I sprained my SI joint- i think it was squatting, which is why i just don't go heavy at all on them anymore. its not worth it.
when is your next meet- the ymca in november or something else?

if you say your weak out of the bottom try some flats..no feet on the floor,knees in the air..they helpd me..although your shirt will do that work for u come meet time..get some bands 2..thatll help..there cheap for how effective they are

skinyfatguy said:
if you say your weak out of the bottom try some flats..no feet on the floor,knees in the air..they helpd me..although your shirt will do that work for u come meet time..get some bands 2..thatll help..there cheap for how effective they are

Thanks...That's what the declines are for. I'm sticking to the program i'm on- its working great for a bunch of people i know.

Top Bottom