Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My workout log

Lord_Suston said:
Very NIce, keep stretching and working on getting 100%. I hope to see more of your training regiment

thanks, you will, although i'm mostly focusing on bench.
If i remember correctly, you were at the YMCA meet in queen in november?
they just had another one- i won best bench and best female lifter.

Good deal, yes I was there. I competed that day as a bet unfortunately, basically that friday I did heavy bench (i was only really doing inclines at the time) and on sat my friends basically used enough peer pressure to enter me after I tryed a 1RM before comp for shit and giggles.

IS there another one this NOV??? and are you planning to do any other lifts???

Lord_Suston said:
Good deal, yes I was there. I competed that day as a bet unfortunately, basically that friday I did heavy bench (i was only really doing inclines at the time) and on sat my friends basically used enough peer pressure to enter me after I tryed a 1RM before comp for shit and giggles.

The people at the Y said they would have another bench meet in November. I figured, its only $12 and good experience, and i keep winning, so what the heck. :)
They mailed me a flyer this time and said they would again, so if they do, i'll let you know here.
i dont remember- how did you do at their last meet?
I have a long way to go with deadlifts- i sprained my back last year (sacral joint- the area where your spine meets your hips) and could barely walk. If i can get my deadlift closer to 300 i'd enter a push/pull, and focus on bench.
I think there is a meet coming up in november on long island- a full meet, but i'm not sure.

decline bench and shirt work

Tried a friends shirt today. Thought it was too big, till i realized i could barely grab the bar or move it.
I didn't put my belt on over it, so that may have been the problem. Couldn't get 200 anywhere close to touching and the shirt was choking me.
Switched to my Inzer and tried 205. Got it, but just barely. I was feeling weak today. Probably lack of sleep. My workout partner went to the mens room after i was done... which left me stuck in my shirt! it was funny.

i noticed when the weight got heavy today, i was twisting. my right shoulder kept twisting up. i don't know if that's a weakness on my right side or left but it was my left shoulder that i dislocated, although i often feel its the stronger side now.

anyway...
after the flat bench, i did declines.
145 x 6
145 x 6
130 x 8

lat pulldowns:
110 x 10
110 x 10
120 x 8

HS low rows:
45 per side x 10 x 3

shrugs:
185 x 10 x 3

seated cable crunches:
80 x a lot.

g
http://www.weightliftingdiscussion.com

Nice work G.

Last summer/fall time frame I was benching and I thought that I was pressing a little lop sided. It felt like I was pressing faster to lockout with my right arm and my left was falling behind. I do not workout with anyone because no one shares my interests at the gym. A friend noticed that i was doing the opposite, I was actually pressing faster with my left and my right was falling behind.

I tried correcting it by moving my grip only on the right side.
Little did I know I was setting myself up for an injury months down the road.

Parabellum said:
Nice work G.

Last summer/fall time frame I was benching and I thought that I was pressing a little lop sided. It felt like I was pressing faster to lockout with my right arm and my left was falling behind. I do not workout with anyone because no one shares my interests at the gym. A friend noticed that i was doing the opposite, I was actually pressing faster with my left and my right was falling behind.

I tried correcting it by moving my grip only on the right side.
Little did I know I was setting myself up for an injury months down the road.

Yeah, i'm going to keep my eye on it- i think the physical therapy i went through for my left shoulder made it stronger than my right maybe. My 'workout parter', who is only a guy thats is always at the gym at the same time as me and who is happy to spot me if i'll spot him- is changing schedules in a month. I can most likely find someone to spot me, but someone to help me get my shirt on is another story as there are NO powerlifters at my gym.
There should be a matching service to help people find a workout partner.
*sigh*

Lord_Suston said:

You did awesome there! That's for the spotting.

light deadlifts

I have a month to find a new spotter/training partner, change workout times, or switch gyms. My buddy is switching jobs and can't workout with me in the mornings anymore starting next month.
If i could find someone into powerlifting, it would be great, but even just a reliable spotter would help.

Deadlifts:
135 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 3
185 x 3

prone hamstring curls:
70 x 10 x 5

HS delt thing
90 x 12
140 x 6
140 x 6
140 x 3

hyperextentions:
bw + 25 x 10 x 3

calves:
?? x 12 x 3

good work..u may want to try like a speed bench workout on tues and heavy on sat..that split helpd me a ton..what are your goals for ur bench and deadlifts?

Top Bottom